It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA/conspiracy theorists in the news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not sure if my link will work as I'm posting from a mobile, but I saw this in my news feed and thought it was interesting.

Seems the latest batch of "sightings" from the ISS has been picked up by The Daily Mail. Surprisingly, they don't paint all of us as a bunch of tin foil hat wearing whack jobs. I didn't think anyway.

Here's the link to the article. Thought it was interesting to see subject matter from a couple recent posts in here.

www.dailymail.co.uk... lien-life.html

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not exactly investigative journalism though .. Seems more like a fun story perhaps to fill in a slow news day .. But as usual when it comes to main stream media reporting on topics such as these, the context appears more tongue in cheek, as opposed to taking it seriously and trying to get to the bottom of what is going on.

I'd say not far off trying to paint the sharp eyed people who ask questions, as 'tin foil hat wearing whack jobs' . perhaps not as colourful as that
.... making out many mistook a piece of dust as proof we are not alone ... that type of news writing just annoys me .. thats just using words to twist things and make a mockery in the space of a sentence.. and soo many people just swallow stuff as ludicrous or laughable if the context of the article tells suggests so .. i guess being human, i am also susceptible to this

The object was later identified as being either a speck of dust or a lens flare from the sun.
That didn't stopped some conspiracy theories arising though, with ufologists somewhat speculatively claiming it was proof that we are not alone in the universe

And to back up my claim of bad journalism .. The grammar at the end there 'That didn't stopped some...' just adds to my perception of silly amateur editing ... I realise my grammar isn't the best also .. I mean, i just started a sentence with the word 'And' .. thats apparently a big no no ... but i ain't no amateur journalist who can barely string words together trying to disguise my ridicule of UFO conspiracy theorists ..

I dont see it as a report on what NASA did .. It's a report in the fact that some are suspicious of it ...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

The editing in the online version of the DM is absolutely awful. Nearly every article I've read on there has at least one comment about a typo, improper wording or titling, and so on. It really is pretty pathetic imo.

I can see your point about it being tongue in cheek. And agree to some extent. I just didn't think it was quite as bad and blatant as some of the other "listen to what the loonies are saying now" articles I've seen in the past.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I just didn't think it was quite as bad and blatant as some of the other "listen to what the loonies are saying now" articles I've seen in the past.

Thats because the "evidence" is the worst. Its okay to paint conspiracy theorists as "reasonable" if the evidence they show is crap.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Good point, hadn't really considered it from that angle.

The lack of mention of anybody wearing tin foil probably helped a bit

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It's not called "Daily Fail" for no reason. In many aspects, it's just as bad as "Before It's News." Definitely not a reliable source for space and astronomy facts.

Here's a "Daily Mail song" for you

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

the daily mail [ fail ] is not a reliable source of anything

unless you want tinder paper to light a fire

or enjoy reading utter twaddle

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I'm well aware lol. I just thought it was cool to see some recent thread topics of ours on their page.

Whether they were Pulitzer worthy articles or not

top topics

join