It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missile defence shield test fails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A Nuclear exchange between NATO and the Warsaw Pact combined with Pakistan and India shooting at each other and Israel shooting at the Arabs would lead to 3 billion deaths total.

www.johnstonsarchive.net...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Lets say russia Nk and china go at it with a few extras throun in from outher countrys . think UK is going to be ok do you? well lets say No fall out reaches you and no nuks hit your country .Hope you enjoy your tea
Because there is still nearly a billion chines and whats left of russia and they are sitting in radioacctive rubble they still have guns and tanks and even there bare hands now even if spring does come the land is unable to grow a thing the water undrinkable .So just were do you think thous billion people are headed? You think they will just sit there and starve?
Nukler ware will truly be the end of wars because men will keep killing for any scraps left untill there are no men or no scraps left . And even though these countrys cant get to the states walking it wont help thous left alive here eather as hords of people poor out of the runined citys into the country destroying everething in there path .
Man may servive this war and if he does the next will be with rocks and very few people. expect the drop off in killing to start when the poplation numbers get under 500,000 and the end poplation of man will probly be under 300,000 then slowly start going up again .This has been the patteren from the begining of our writen history its only our high tek that has allowed our numbers to get so high in the last 100 years.
go back more then 200 years the worlds poplation ranged from 300,000 to 600,000 and the closer it got to 600,000 the more wars and sickness started cutting it back down. The natrial poplation limet for humans is someware around 500,000 world wide now we are just cheating natcher and this can not continu .

I didn't say we'd be OK, I jsut was refering to a video I saw whilst visiting an old nuclear bunker, where they put on the Tea and sent a bloke out hatch in the roof (No BS) to collect a reading. It was amusing. We'd be stuffed in a nuke attack. Especially after reading that Protect and Survive leaflet.. ahh, lol.

Nuke Warfare has no winners.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
didnt reagon say that he wanted to give every country a anti missile system so nukes will obsalite?
or am i just wrong and he never did say that

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'd bet it's all BS. Personally I think we've had an anti-missile system since the mid 80's. Not a very good one perhaps, but I'm inclined to believe it's simply been improved upon over time. I think such failed "tests" are just bluffing, especially considering the timing (while facing a potential Pacific missile attack scenario from NK).

I'd disagree, shooting down a missile is incredibly, incredibly, incredibly, incredibly complex. It is a REALLY difficult thing to do.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To make things simpler, the interceptor missiles should be nuclear tipped. Something small, like 1-5 kilotons. That way, you wouldn't have to hit the missile anywhere near directly to shoot it down. The Soviets had something like this protecting Moscow.

Of course, that wouldn't be PC.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join