It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Mysticism and the Founders of Quantum Mechanics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Short answer: the founders of QT understood Eastern philosophy about as poorly as they understood the nature of the subatomic world.
a reply to: neoholographic

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I mean, since you seem to be able to think in some special non-linear way that I cannot, then please explain why conscious thought should affect a drop of rain hitting a rock on some lifeless planet in some anonymous galaxy half way across the universe from us? Why would it matter to that rain drop and rock whether or not there is some sort of mysterious consciousness in the universe? Are you telling me that in a universe with no consciousness, the act of that raindrop hitting that rock would be different? If so, then why and how?

There is no universe without consciousness. Consciousness is the universe. You are actually well on your way to getting it, you are just getting it backwards.

Without a conscious observer there is no need for the program to render a particular material 3D reality.

We are basically playing an online 3D person action game on a particular interactive map. We all play with our own avatar and our reality overlaps and we are all bound by the same physical rules of that world(they can be bent)

And by we I mean the small divided parts of a single consciousness that DESIGNED the program. (I said it.)

Speculation, I know.

So it seems to me that if this universe-wide consciousness exists, then was either created along with the creation of the universe (Big Bang, or whatever), or this all-pervasive consciousness already existed when our universe was created.

It stands to reason that this alleged all-pervasive consciousness needed to be around at the instant the universe began so the actions of things at the quantum level could be guided by this consciousness. If so, then what is this consciousness, and where did it come from?

Even if I stipulate that this super-conscious force exists throughout the universe, my next question would be "why can humans tap into it?".

When did humans gain the ability to tap into it? Do other animals have the ability to tap into this consciousness and control reality? If not, then why not?

At the beginning of the universe before life existed, what was controlling this universe-wide consciousness that was required for the quantum world to work?

edit on 1/31/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If so, then what is this consciousness, and where did it come from?

I have no # idea unfortunately.

Even if I stipulate that this super-conscious force exists throughout the universe, my next question would be "why can humans tap into it?". When did humans gain the ability to tap into it? Do other animals have the ability to tap into this consciousness and control reality? If not, then why not?

Humans don't tap into it, they are just the pre programmed material avatar. I think there are different levels of consciousness in the animal kingdom.(as opposed to pure programs) We can't directly control reality, reality adapts to our choices and knowledge. Just because our world looks older than humans doesn't mean it actually existed before the current observers were using it.

Consciousness is just playing with itself in a perceived material reality. Why? Because it's more entertaining than just being a black void that is super aware of itself.
edit on 31-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Tat Tvam Asi, That Thou Art.”

Makes sense, at some level all beings are from the same fabric. Still doesnt quite determine how anyone should live his existence. When people talk of oneness, they see it as if it meant that everyone should just live an apathetic life "loving" each others and restricting themselves to not do anything great or dangerous but depend on one another constantly, since they are, at their core, from the same source. But it doesnt work this way. Existence has made itself conscious to experience everything from as many perspectives as possible. And isnt an all loving all peaceful world quite boring and slow?

Why until now did it not work? Why did civilizations fall one after another? Why is Nature wonderful yet cruel? Balance needs both positive and negative. Nature is the ultimate state of what a balanced world should be (without the humans coz they have not come to be naturally). Absolute, wonderful, fierce, cruel, realistic, balanced. Humans on the other hand are just a species. But they forgot it and they try desperately to create an artificial world that will allow them to live free of any pain, worry, stress. But it cant be like that. Life needs stimulation and if you restrict it too much, it creates monsters to correct itself. As said in a previous post, it will find ANY creative way to go back to an equilibrium. Nothing simple humans can prevent.

I looked up the quote "Tat Tvam Asi, That Thou Art." and after a few clicks found myself reading this: Monad .

Monad (from Greek μονάς monas, "unit" from μόνος monos, "Alone"),[1] according to the Pythagoreans, was a term for Divinity or the first being, or the totality of all beings,[2] Monad being the source or the One meaning without division. For the Pythagoreans, the generation of number series was related to objects of geometry as well as cosmogony.[3] According to Diogenes Laertius, from the monad evolved the dyad; from it numbers; from numbers, points; then lines, two-dimensional entities, three-dimensional entities, bodies, culminating in the four elements earth, water, fire and air, from which the rest of our world is built up

Now the really interesting thing here is that i didnt expect to find the real reason for my nickname here as Damon which i just discovered to be an anagram of Monad! I had never heard of it until now, very funny humor, Universe. In other words, i had the answer already at the time i registered here! But couldnt see it at the time because of lack of perspective, ha!

I guess that makes this thread worth it after all!
edit on 31-1-2015 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Everything is Relative including any definition we have for Infinity.

Therefore achieving infinite density or having ones Mass become a part of a Singularity is not achieving infinity at all.

One way to relate to Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
'Thou Art That'.
The seer and seen are one.
The observer and the observed arise as one.

Check to see if there is anything other than what is appearing - do it now.
What is appearing is sound, vision, smell, sensation. Nothing can appear outside experiencing.

Experiencing happens in the immediacy. Experiencing is the ONE. The ONE is split into TWO by concepts (which is commonly referred to as minding, wording). Can anything appear to be seen without seeing? Can anything appear to be heard without hearing?

edit on 1-2-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow, vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves" Bill Hicks.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
so you're saying it is not possible for there to be something that mathematics or language can't describe? You use the word "weird" and Einstein used "spooky" because he knew he was scratching the surface of Pandora's Box and mathematics couldn't take him there.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls
a reply to: anonentity

No, not really, but I do find that consciousness does at least party explain what the unseen mechanism is behind these weird results, although it doesn't even begin to explain how this system really works.

I do know that the results of secondairy Quantum measurements always adapt to and correspond with the initial measurement with "information" apparently even crossing the boundaries of space and time as they are known to us.

There has to be a mechanism connecting these outcomes, and when you look at it there is in fact a mechanism connecting them, the conscious observer.

Interesting further information into some long studies atempting to prove a connection between consciousness and physical outcomes....

"The Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) program, which flourished for nearly three decades under the aegis of Princeton University’s School of Engineering and Applied Science, has completed its experimental agenda of studying the interaction of human consciousness with sensitive physical devices, systems, and processes, and developing complementary theoretical models to enable better understanding of the role of consciousness in the establishment of physical reality."

www.princeton.edu...

"Psyleron is a product company and research organization that explores the connection between the mind and the physical world. Discoveries made at the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) laboratory have shown that consciousness and intention can influence the behavior of quantum electronic devices known as "Random Event Generators" (REGs) or "Random Number Generators." Psyleron was founded by PEAR scientists and associates for the purpose of providing tools that enable ongoing research and personal exploration of mind-matter effects."

www.psyleron.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

Again that's interesting as, the random generation of numbers are disrupted in the "Global consciousness project" If an event like the Boxing day tsunami, the Twin towers, and the death of princess Diana, are some of the events that trigger this disruption, some hours before and some hours after the event. This is not only spooky action at a distance but spooky action with time involved.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Consider for a moment theres infinate energy within a single atom. . . .

What does that mean? he tells you in the video. . . .

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

The only " peer reviewed" journal that would publish the papers coming out of PEAR was the Journal of Scientific Exploration. I would not expect any revolutionary breakthroughs from Psyleron.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join