It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's richest one per cent to own more than the rest: Oxfam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Is pondering about the fairness or unfairness of anything helping you get the life you want?

OF COURSE.

The realization that people are enslaved and willingly accept their en-slavery IS THE FIRST STEP for change.

But many people DO not realize. They are "glad to have a job" nowadays which pays them $10/hr because "it's better than being unemployed".

What are you doing? Promoting passiveness and want people not realizing that MOST of them (literally), the 90%, the 99% are morons working into the pockets of a few? Are you denying this?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

I wonder how she treats her dogs? Kicks em to the corner and tells them to shut up. Sorry, could not resist the sarcasm. Promoting apathy and acceptance drives me crazy.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Only the government forcibly takes money from people.

Yeah they do. And gives it to the Banks that caused the 2008 crisis.

Banks # up and the average citizen gets lumbered with the bill while the bankers walk away will 100's of millions.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Why worry about the Walton family?

Because they are abusing goverment welfare systems in order to pay there employes less.

The walmart corp and the goverment are to blame here as they are in parasite like relationship.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

You are wasting your time, jamie is a 1%er.

So am I. don't lump us all together.

Some of us work hard and honestly and contribute to society.

Its the 0.01 % you want to go after.

IE European royalty, Politicians, heads of banking dynasty's and CEO of mega corps who have gained there money through war, politician corruption, blackmail , slavery and blood.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So what is the optimal amount of wealth they should own? How is it anyone's fault that they create or develop a business that makes them obscenely wealthy while providing jobs for countless other individuals?

I have nothing but respect for people like Richard Brandson and Elon musk.
There is a huge difference between a honest business man who has made his money through legal, honest work and a legacy family like the Rothschild or any European royalty family who have there money through very shady means. Or the CEO of company's like Lockhead who have leached billions off our governments in corruption or a politician who has abused there position of power to siphon off wealth.

edit on 22-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Edumakated

Luck has nothing to do with the greatness of america. Hard work, sacrifice, civil war, world wars and veterans. Not luck.

And the fact you had a whole continent of resources to yourself and only easily defeated natives in the way

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That would go under sacrifice and wars. And if we had not come to these shores and formed a central government someone else would have. The native tribes were much like the ME. Tribal and no co-hesion. I am just glad the Nazi's did not make it first.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Food for thought.
There is a very real dualismen in the words rich and poor. Logically there can be no rich without some poor . Just as there can be nothing hard without something soft.
So it would seem quiet logical that when the rich get richer the poor most also get more poor. On the contrary the rich must get less rich when the poor get less poor. And history shows us that most of the rich are not in the buisness of wanting to get less rich.
edit on 2-2-2015 by LucidLe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join