It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas under $2.00???????? I can't remember the last time I saw this....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The gas prices MAY be dropping, but youre going to have to fill up more, they are oxygenation the gas; I used to get 400+ miles on a FULL tank of gas, now I am getting 350-375 miles....

$2.11 here in NC...
edit on 1/16/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

it is down to $ 1.44 at a couple of places around huston texas.
Lowest Gas Prices in Houston

here in the fl panhandle down to $1.98

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here in Oklahoma gas is below $1.68 for Unleaded. We seem to have the cheapest gas in the nation.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Wow!
$1.44!
Now your talking!

I would love to see .99 a gallon.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yeah last time I got gas I had to pay about $10 less. I saw $35 on the display when the pump stopped, so I stood there for a few seconds trying to squeeze the handle and get it to fill the rest of the way before I realized the price had gone down and it was actually full.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: Korg Trinity

yeah, also Saudi oil is cheap.
They dropped the price to try to stop the fracking oil businesses.

They made it so it is not cost effective to frack.

They are all ready laying people off, a lot of the big western companies are.

What I find worrisome is the swiss national bank just dropped its interest rate to a NEGATIVE 0.75%

However, in an effort to ensure investors don't get too excited about swapping euros or dollars for francs, the central bank also slashed interest rates to -0.75%, down from -0.25%.

Negative interest rates.
Coming to America.
Now I will hear 'that could NEVER happen in the US'.....
money.cnn.com... rland-euro-currency-ceiling/index.html?iid=HP_LN

A negative interest rate will become common place imho over the next few years. Very good for some... Very bad for others...

This is one of the reasons why the lenders in the UK have separated themselves from the banks Base rate... which is a first.

Korg.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
thehill.com...

Here you go...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: eriktheawful

I was thinking along the same lines about food prices. Much depends on the transportation contracts.

Many have fuel surcharges on top of the basic rate. The rate is steady and the fuel surcharge goes up or down, depending on the market, on top of the normal shipping rate. Others have flat contracts at a steady price and only change when those contracts expire and re-negotiated.

There's a bunch of people in between that are benefitting from the price drop who haven't lowered their prices or only partially. (that includes the trucking industry, brokers, farmers, and gas retailers)

These will drop the prices down the road, though. Most food was produced when the prices where much higher. Next season should show a drop in food prices, hopefully...if the fuel doesn't go back up too soon.

One thing we can bank on. This will NOT last long...

Drop dead, spot on, correct. It won't last long. The greedy gut politicians are salivating over raising gas taxes for infrastructure projects. Of course, being the liars they are, the money won't be spent on highways/bridges and overpasses, it will be spent (wasted) in numerous other ways. So...expect to see taxes go up at both the State and Federal level.

The of course, there's the Social Engineering elites who will find some way to drive up prices because they abhor individual mobility, particularly long range individual mobility. They'll use this to decry the carbon economy, want to impose a carbon tax to save the whales, etc., etc., etc.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

It is the smae price here in mo. And with my loyalty discount from my grocer it can actually be free at this point. I think I have somewhere around .40 off my next fill up.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I just checked about prices in Alaska, and on the island I was living on it was at $3.55 a gallon.

I know they will never see below $2.50 gallon as I think it is a .75 cent import cost on a gallon there, but that is much better than the 5.25 I was paying at the pump.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You may be right, however, if the intent of OPEC is reducing US fracking, etc. then even the perception of reduced production-never mind actual reduction-will drive futures back up. Especially the speculators.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Now if they would stop putting ethanol in our gas we would get the mileage back up where it belongs. More savings.....

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That covers the local political aspect well. LOL.

Collectively, we should be sadder but wiser. Make damn sure that Federally or locally, ANY gas tax increases are mandated to infrastructure-which is badly needed- and not to general funds.

The carbon tax zealots weren't going to be stopped, high prices or low. The States that elected them can reap what they sowed.

Here in Washington St. the governor plans his own version of "Executive Decrees" and force up to $1.17 increase in gas taxes.......

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

What's to stop someone in Washington St. to drive across the border and buy cheaper gas?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

yea i've read that a couple of times. states and feds wanting to raise taxes or apply usage fees now that the price is falling, saying that they are losing revenue.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Yep, the usual bull crap. That 'revenue' is merely redirected into consumer goods, etc. that the general population will spend elsewhere with their savings....

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Now if they would stop putting ethanol in our gas we would get the mileage back up where it belongs. More savings.....

And stop ruining engines that are not made for that ethanol crap that just increases our food prices anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Nothing stops cross border gassing. Do really think that will last long? That the surrounding states won't do the same when they see other States getting away with it? Maybe the Republican controlled states a little slower or perhaps a little less, but bottom line is the exception will prove the rule.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You're doubtless correct. But it occurred to me that if I was the governor of an adjoining state, I'd start monitoring my gas tax revenue stream to see if maybe...it goes up without raising taxes because of all the people coming to my state to buy less expensive fuel.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

What's to stop someone in Washington St. to drive across the border and buy cheaper gas?

The largest population center in Washington state, Sea-Tac, is about 5 hours from any state border.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join