It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange comment by NASA.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
why would nasa know of a war anyway

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Maybe nature has another surprise for me on my birthday. Yeah, I am vain.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
why would nasa know of a war anyway

Not necessarily a war, but a possible Extinction Level Event asteroid dropping on earth.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
With all the seismic activity around the Northwest area of America, I wonder if mother nature is about to reclaim her land from the pests currently destroying it? A super volcanoe under Yellowstone could explode and cover the earth in darkness. North America would disappear.

That would be a site to see.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
....or he could have been joking.

Personally, I believe he was probably having a poke at the US administrations refusal to reassess it's foreign policies thus supplying those abused and oppressed persons who are directly or indirectly affected from said policies, with a target.

Maybe, i'm just reading into it a little too much, but you guys started it.

E_T

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Man relax, hes talking about the people working on this project, its tongue in cheek. Some of those guys have been working on this every day for the last year, often with long shifts. I'd say there are some bloody tired people wandering around at JPL.
And first months clocks of control teams were even "synchronized" to time of rovers... could have been much worse, length of Mars' day is near earth's day.

Here's it:
Rotational period (hours) 24.6229
www.solarviews.com...
Meaning that their time was running slower than Earth's time.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by E_T]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
My impression was that it wasan offhand comment meaning they were so exhausted from all the work on the rover they might be dead before may. aka a jk.

Hey wow, clouds on mars, im really really beginning to wonder how much like earth mars really is, and weather nasa/gov really are hiding something, realeasing a little hint here a little hint there so whatever the truth its not such a big shock later? not leaping to the fantastic mind you, i dont think theres any sizable life on mars, but it could be far less harsh and barren in places than we think. very intresting link.

This is exactly how I took it I have listened to Squyers talk before and he makes comments like that sometimes in jest. Come on guys, really does everything have to be a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We already came to the conclusions that he was more then likely poking fun at the current administration and this interview gave him a great opprotunity to make his comment heard. Although it is quite sub-liminal.

I just thought it was odd that the reporter would go ahead and print it when it leaves so many questions for people to ponder as to what he meant.

It goes to show how the media will spin something to create a contrevarsy even when there is nothing there to really talk about.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
He was just joking about the hard work of his team It even says it

" Squyres alluded to his hard-working team, which for much of the early part of the mission worked on Mars time,By Joking the rovers have a better chance of being alive then than we do."

It was just a joke they work so hard on that project

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i think he was joking and making a comment about nukes and such...

i don't think NASA is capable of letting out a "asteroid is going to hit the earth" spoiler...

this is why we have people like aussie blog

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Geez this thread has really gotten out of hand. Can't you see the evidence is pretty much pointing to him talking about humans being on Mars for such a long time? May would be almost a year and a half of time for the rovers being active on Mars. That'll be amazing for them to have gone that long. As others, and myself, have stated, he was talking about how it would be pretty damned hard for humans to survive that long on the planet.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Geez this thread has really gotten out of hand. Can't you see the evidence is pretty much pointing to him talking about humans being on Mars for such a long time? May would be almost a year and a half of time for the rovers being active on Mars. That'll be amazing for them to have gone that long. As others, and myself, have stated, he was talking about how it would be pretty damned hard for humans to survive that long on the planet.

i knew that

but this is a conspiracy site

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yes, okay all things considered he is joking about working hard and stress and what not. We got that. Maybe even taking a jab at the Bush administration and probably some internal costs cuts at NASA which make their jobs more stressful because they do not have the adequate staff etc.

But I still do not get why the reporter asked about May. I dont see any reason for them to ask about a paticular month.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
But I still do not get why the reporter asked about May. I dont see any reason for them to ask about a paticular month.

Because May would be another six months from now, and about a year and a half of time on Mars for the rovers. That's my idea, at least.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It was metioned this week that a manned shuttle launch may be the only way to save HUBBLE after all.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
It was metioned this week that a manned shuttle launch may be the only way to save HUBBLE after all.

That was actually brought up a long time ago. Same with it being the only (easy, and less dangerous) way to save the ISS.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
After reading the quote, I don't see anything suspicious about it at all - sorry. All I read is a comment, that leads me to believe anyway, that they are tired of being there, this has been hard work for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join