It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicians Organization Gives 17 Reasons to Ban Wood Burning

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Too bad Utah Physicians for a Healthy Environment (and whoever else is behind this crap), we're already way ahead of you.

All 17 points, if true, apply only to conventional fires.

The heat in Rocket Mass Heaters is so intense due to the venturi effect that the vast majority of all of these "toxins" are burned away during combustion. The stove will get a slow steady buildup inside but hardly anything but CO2 is released out the vent shaft.

www.treehugger.com...

Now, granted, this doesn't help us when we want to have a visually pleasing fire or go camping but it's my belief that the body has evolved to clear the toxins we have been introducing to it over thousands of years and the occasional roaring fireplace or campfire is not enough toxins to offset our body's natural ability to cleanse itself. Especially if we reduce/eliminate many of the other, unnecessary sources of toxins that have a detrimental accumulative effect.
edit on 14-1-2015 by SlickMcFavorite because: cause!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

And this is how deaths "caused" by smoking and second hand smoke are also calculated! It all represents statistical deaths with no real bodies involved.

And yet - no one questions it.

Sorry Folks - you cannot argue for the right to create smoke by burning any kind of organic while continuing to support anti-smoking laws.

One justifies the other!

(Imagine the future, with a foot on your neck....forever!)

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
Can anyone who has a background in chemistry prove or disprove these points?

I don't believe it. I don't believe the government. I don't believe the scientists, the priests and especially the doctors and I can't even believe the lawyer I hired because she is part of the system that wants to keep me a slave cause I can cut my own wood to heat my house from my own land and George Bush or Dick Cheney or Rothchild can't steal that from me. I work with doctors every day and I KNOW that they are all full of sh$t and all in the pockets of big pharma and a lot of times they are so f$cking clueless they don't even realize it. Ego is a bitch.

In other words, screw science, screw rationality, screw people who work on the problem, screw measurements, I JUST DONT WANNA BELIEVE.

edit on 15-1-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

NO that is YOUR interpretation of this discussion

All of the measurements were of PM 10 - there is little doubt the measurements were accurate BUT there is huge room for doubt as to the conclusions and opinions of the scientists. What do you think wearing a white coat makes you all-knowing?

www.jpands.org...

This article is in reference to the work of James Enstrom in relation to exposure to PM 2.5 discharged from the burning of diesel fuel. Dr. Enstrom found NO excess mortality from that exposure aand there are many studies indicating that PM 10 is just too large to get deep into our lungs.

Remember the "eat margarine, not butter" controversy. Turns out that for decades that advice was wrong and that we were in fact being encouraged to eat the worst possible fat on the planet for our heart health. Ever hear anyone apologise for that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join