It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIBLE: Unerring Word of God? Or manipulated by satan since Constantine?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A simple search and comparison from 200BC to today's KJV would result in your statement having very little weight to it .We also have the 2000 year old dead sea scrolls that will say the same thing . No change ..same yesterday as today .Now don't forget that not all bible versions are created equally . a reply to: RayTheWizardLiotta

link   

originally posted by: gooseandspoons
What about some of the translations Dr. Scott McQuate has done on the Hebrew in the OT?

Which Hebrew? The Messoretic text? The ancient texts that the translators of the Septuagint used?

link   
a reply to: Rex282
Wow.....
I just read your post 3 times and am blown away.

I cant even comment yet other than to say thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Can I ask how you came upon your awareness?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gooseandspoons
Thank you, I would appreciate it if you would post more info as you find it.

One thing that blows my mind is from 20,000 to 40,000 different Christian denominations.

How can that be when they are all based on basically the same book?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

i believe it is the ktav ashuri and ktva ivri that he translates

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

All versions of the bible teach that Jesus is the savior who rose from the dead to forgive sins. That's the biggest deception of all. Jesus says that in order for your sins to be forgiven, you must forgive others sins against you.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Q33323
Religion = control
When you speak, God is speaking.
When your breathe, God is breathing.
God is You, and everything around You. This is the secret the religionists don't want you to know.

I agree, man made religion is control.
However, through my own personal experiences, some rather recent, I can say for myself God is NOT me.

A part of His spirit resides in me now I believe, through His grace He gave that to me.

But I am NOT God. He is a being that exists far out side of my little reality. But I know He loves me like a son.

More than I love my own son, which is hard for me to imagine.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UmbraSumus

originally posted by: stosh64

This has not been an easy thing for me to consider.

I respect the courage you have shown to question - but something tells me that a whole bunch of ATS atheists telling you that will not be comforting.

LoL, I didn't come here for comfort. And I expected a wide and varied response.

I have learned a lot from all the various groups here over the years, and I value the atheist input and knowledge.

It is weird though, I have this comfort from within now that I wish I could share.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

My mother is still a hardcore southern Baptist. When it comes to the large number of denominations she always talks about the Rockefeller influence on American Christianity and all these denomination forming alliances and other non-profit groups.
When I was younger, going to a Christian school there was always this unspoken evil about the Catholic Church. Catholics and Baptists don't mix.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The bible is a work of man that has been rewritten so many times to suit those in power and keep the masses in line and paying the rich and powerful.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You must come as a little child. HE does love you. I am happy you have comfort.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

It is how God explained it to many people over the course of time. Yes. Did Satan have a hand in it, No. Not if you do not accept anything but the protestant cannon.

Do you understand how you get severe discrepancies in doctrine? It's when you only accept part of what scripture says on the topic. Say.. I don't want a God who wants us to do anything at all after accepting Christ.. I can do that provided I simply discount much of scripture to have it my way.

The only way you get it right HIS way, is when you die to this world. So long as you are sowing good seed in thorn bushes, you will have an imperfect understanding of the bible.

I agree on the discrepancies, man takes PART of it and twists it to his desire.

And I cant agree more on getting it HIS way, only after you have died to this world. I know for a long time I would say that I had, but in secret would still hang on to a couple things that I didn't want to give up.
I hope I don't always struggle like I used to, but the way I feel now, after what I have gone through, I have no worldly desire.
I value your input Opinionated, Thank You.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Excellent post! Although I disagree with both inerracncy and the concept of Satan, I do find that when viewing the bible it is critical to consider what is pure (many of the sayings of jesus for example) and what seems to be added once Constantine decided Christianity would be the religion of his empire.

The idea that I have thought about is the concept of Original Sin. I have never truly believed that every person born is a sinful creature because the decision of Adam.
So here are some ideas to consider:
1. Adam and Eve and most likely allegorical, not literal. The reason why I say that is for Adam and Eve to be literal, their children; Cain and Able who had children-had to have relations with their sister in order to produce offspring.
2. The bible does not speak about a devil or satan, but a serpent that tempted eve. Also the fruit of the tree was never identified.
3. Since they are allegorical, it is important how readily apparent the idea of Original Sin, It was not a part of the understanding of the Jewish thought system. 2000 years passed between Abraham and Jesus' birth, yet the concept of
original sin was curiously absent.
4. Jesus never spoke about the sin of Adam. He spoke about Adam and Eve in terms of the sacrament of marriage , but not in terms of sin.
5. Paul in all of the letters did not speak about the sin of Adam.
6. Over 300 years passed after Jesus' death before anyone developed the concept of original sin. The timing just happened to relate to Constantine's acceptance of christiantity as the state religion. What a coincidence!

So in conclusion, do you truly believe that the idea of original sin is true? Why did it take 2300 years to be so evident? Why wouldn't Jesus talk about how mankind is cursed with the sin of Adam and only a self sacrifycing Messiah could save humanity. I personally find that the belief is a way of manipulating the masses into believing Christ or spend eternity in hell. Classic mind control to guilt and manipulate the masses into believeing what you want them to believe so they will submit to the state.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thank you all for your input, I knew it would be wide ranging, that's why I brought it here.

And thank you all for being civil, it made reading everything so far a pleasure.

I have to go but I will catch up in the morning.

Thanks again
Steve

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
God created YOU. Men created the bible.

We are indisputably a naturally flawed and inherently corruptible creation, by design. What does that tell you about the bible?

You don't need religion to have faith, you never have needed the texts and words of men portrayed as the words and will of God. You were born into this life with everything you will need to guide you through it, and into the afterlife.

There is no evil in the creator. None.

You may as well be reading the Qur'an, whilst worshiping a rock. It's just as productive in the end.

There are a lot of bible fanatics that are going to be shocked to learn the truth on the other side...
edit on 13-1-2015 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Kudos for questioning in the way you have. I wanted to respond directly to the OP, but reached Rex282's response, and I couldn't have said it better.

Whoever has deceived you is no longer alive, satan is a constructed thoughtform, ill-intentioned things do 'exist' but they are banished by conviction...there is no original sin and free will is true...you will make it back to where you already are...best wishes...

Å99

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

What do you mean the bible is the only way to find out what God is?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Thank you for sharing that.

I have to tell you one thing that concerns me in your story.

There are many entities out there capable of doing this. Not all have your best interest at heart.

Some will let you feel this euphoria, kind of like a drug, get you hooked, and lead you down the wrong path.

I ask one thing of you, question this entity. Ask if it is of Jesus, if it isn't you will know.

I only say this because I care. You can take it for what its worth. Cant hurt to question it, I do and He has been answering, in a way.
I hope this didn't offend you and you will consider what I said.
God Bless

I understand you have good intentions and I thank you for your effort.
. It is off Yeshua teachings in meta behind the parables and Yeshua is not the only soul who has pointed directly on that place that proves that Yeshua knew what he was talking about for me. When this came everything around me pointed at the exact same place and my consciousness automatically thought things that it had not before.

In a way it is like the spirit in the unconsciousness guiding the consciousness to increase awareness. And the fact is that my critical thinking skill have become more attuned so it is very easy to see if the fruits are symbiotic,neutral or ego parasitic. If this energy was made to fool me then the energy would not increase my mental capacity to see clearer than I did before.

I know that too much awareness of this level and telepathic ability will be a curse instead of a blessing on this level of being and I am very happy not to be an empath. I know of 3 empaths that I have met and they from my point of view both cursed and blessed at the same time.
edit on 13-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

All versions of the bible teach that Jesus is the savior who rose from the dead to forgive sins. That's the biggest deception of all. Jesus says that in order for your sins to be forgiven, you must forgive others sins against you.

A mature soul will clean up the mess and try not to create more taking responsability from my point of view. Is it not strange that both you and me share the same opinion on Paul? Can it be that we where shown something?

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you) enlightened one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join