It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS: Posting New Threads -- And Getting Duplicates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There appears to be some kind of networking issue at our service provider effecting communications among our web servers. While normally it's not a big issue, but it looks to be impacting the posting of new threads.

On occasion, when posting a new thread, and you click the POST button -- nothing appears to happen. If this happens to you, DO NOT click POST again. Open a new tab and check the Recent Posts page to see if your new thread was posted. Clicking the POST button more than once, will simply add duplicate threads.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I was wondering what was going on...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
duly noted

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Been there, done that. I figured it out without duplicating threads.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Will do, thanks SO

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
There appears to be some kind of networking issue at our service provider effecting communications among our web servers. While normally it's not a big issue, but it looks to be impacting the posting of new threads.

On occasion, when posting a new thread, and you click the POST button -- nothing appears to happen. If this happens to you, DO NOT click POST again. Open a new tab and check the Recent Posts page to see if your new thread was posted. Clicking the POST button more than once, will simply add duplicate threads.

I thought it was just my computer having an issue. Thanks for the update. (Though I know my comp IS having issues. Let's face it, 4 yr old laptops don't run like new. My daughter has beat the daylights out of this thing to the point where if I want to type an 'E', I have to quite literally beat it up or it doesn't show up on the screen. Even my mouse pad no longer works. I have to use a USB port, and use a 4 port connector because only 1 port out of 4 works at that! LOL) So truthfully, when my thread posted 3 times, I honestly thought it was my computer causing problems, not a server issue. Never dawned on me there were others. Thanks for the heads up though.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Are you indirectly talking to me?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OK Gotcha Chief
Arjunanda a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
When I try to post a new thread in the short story forum, all I get is a black page, no place to put a title for the thread and no way to write a story. Strange.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I will take care of this problem for you SO,

While I have your attention,

Could you make me an honorary moderator, I know my presence here isnt sufficient enough to become an actual moderator, but if Im an honorary mod, I could wag my finger at people breaking the rules, and their buddies will nudge them and point at my honorary mod status instilling fear and conformity.

I could leave a little finger wagging icon when threads get too heated, and folks would know to cool it down, ... Because Im making the rounds,.... And my finger wont be denied.

What do you think bill ?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
When I try to post a new thread in the short story forum, all I get is a black page, no place to put a title for the thread and no way to write a story. Strange.

My problem has been fixed! Thanks Djarums and Reux!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Good to know SO, alerted a few duplicates today for Mod attention. I thought it must be some kind of technical issue due to the amount today alone.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Errrrr, yeah...my bad. I replied to a thread the other night, and accidentaly posted 3 times. I had gone to bed right after, so I didn't notice it until the next day. I'm sorry! My problem is that my Internet sucks. The load time is such that I can get a cup of coffee before the new page loads. Then I get antsy. I will do my best to just click once!

new topics

top topics

join