It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alzheimer's Cured! (in mice)

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Stanford Study

The mass die-off of nerve cells in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease may largely occur because an entirely different class of brain cells, called microglia, begin to fall down on the job, according to a new study by researchers at the Stanford University School of Medicine.

The researchers found that, in mice, blocking the action of a single molecule on the surface of microglia restored the cells’ ability to get the job done — and reversed memory loss and myriad other Alzheimer’s-like features in the animals.

This is amazing.

Alzheimer’s is America’s sixth leading cause of death. 36 million people have Alzheimer’s worldwide, and only 1-in-4 have been diagnosed. 1-in-9 Americans over 65 have it, and 1-in-3 Americans over 85. 2-in-3 Alzheimer’s patients are women, and the disease is twice as likely in blacks and Hispanics.

souce

Start the human trials, please.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Great find. S+F. Anyone who knows someone with Alzheimers has to be hopeful with this news. It is a cruel way to suffer especially for their loved ones. My mom is a neuroscientist at UBC. I just forwarded her the link. I am excited to hear what she has to say since this and FAS are her to fields of interest.
edit on 12-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Double

Second
edit on 12-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Thank you for this news. I am very hopeful of this my mother is in the first stages of alzheimer's/dementia so I am with you on starting the trials.

Another thing of note is they said aspirin may help to stop the onset of alzheimer's but once it has set in it is too late.

It runs in my family on both sides so I will picking up some aspirin tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
wonderful news. I pray its not surpressed so big phama can keep making money pills that mask the problems or prolong them to make money instead of actually curing people.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Until they put this in everyones tap water instead of flouride its but a pipe dream. Just imagine a really smart generation of people, what works of wonder they could accomplish!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Great news but copy and paste post....your bad.....
must flesh this out or it may bring down the wrath.....put in your hopes and dreams....
meanwhile im rapidly approaching the Alzheimer threshold myself so I hope it really works.....

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This is really good news. Now the next thing will be to ensure all people have access to really low cost treatments.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Great news! I hope this disease can be cured soon. It took my dad away from me a little over a year ago, he had early onset and was only 60 when he died... and I've been afraid of getting the disease myself ever since seeing how terrible it is. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Wow...pretty amazing. This took my grandfather away back in 2000 and I fear it is affecting my father too. I did a LOT of research on this disease in college. It is a cruel way to die....most of the time it is from complications that arise from having it.

This would be a huge breakthrough...next up....cancer and HIV!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It is a terrible disease. I've seen a man fail to recognize his wife of over 40 years. One of the saddest things I've ever seen.
Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Having recently watched this video about a doctor who was curing children with terminal brain cancers (and other people too), and then to see how the government tried every trick in the book to stop him, I can only say that if this really leads to a cure for Alzheimers, dont expect it to be made available, it'll be buried!

PLEASE watch this video, it takes you inside the actual courts where they tried to take this man out. Even the Judges ask "Why have you brought this man to court".
This is REAL evidence, not theory! that your government does not want cancer cured!
Please please watch it!

Direct link to vid

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Burzynski is a con artist snake oil salesman.

Selling pee/urine as a cureall.

www.usatoday.com...

What Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski doesn’t want you to know about antineoplastons

Burzynski scam our story

Buyer beware.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Burzynski is a con artist snake oil salesman.

Selling pee/urine as a cureall.

www.usatoday.com...

What Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski doesn’t want you to know about antineoplastons

Burzynski scam our story

Buyer beware.

You should watch the video!
Yes at first he extracted what he needed from urine, but then setup his own laboritory so that he could synthesize it. and anyways, if it cures cancer then so what!!!
Are you aware that about 70% of women ingest HORSE urine from their big pharma pills? Did you know that?

As for the links etc that you provide, thats nothing compared to the other stuff they've used in their efforts to discredit him!
Watch the vid and see those he SAVED giving evidence in court!
Watch the vid and see those he SAVED demostrating in the streets because gov were trying to shut down the only man that was keeping them alive!
Watch the vid and see those who dragged him into court squirm when they are asked why he was brought to court!

WATCH THE VID PEOPLE!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yes lets look at one of the success stories.

Just months after Douglas [W.] went on national television and before Congress to praise an unproven drug for obliterating his brain tumor, he got a shock: The cancer was back.

[Douglas’s] trauma illustrates the contention swirling over “antineoplastons. ” Are they the wonder drugs that desperate patients insist? Or are patients the victims of a fraud charged in a federal indictment of the drugs’ creator, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski? “There is a long history of promises of miraculous treatments, and they unfortunately generally don’t pan out,” said Dr. Richard Klausner, director of the National Cancer Institute.

[…]

[Douglas] even stands by Burzynski, abandoning antineoplastons only when his brain tumor tripled in size. “We believe that treatment did work with Doug for a year,” said his wife, Lola [W], of Estacada, Ore.theotherburzynskipatientgroup.wordpress.com...

That is one of the supposed success stories. Not any success in my book.

There is a sucker born every minute.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yes lets look at one of the success stories.

Just months after Douglas [W.] went on national television and before Congress to praise an unproven drug for obliterating his brain tumor, he got a shock: The cancer was back.

[Douglas’s] trauma illustrates the contention swirling over “antineoplastons. ” Are they the wonder drugs that desperate patients insist? Or are patients the victims of a fraud charged in a federal indictment of the drugs’ creator, Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski? “There is a long history of promises of miraculous treatments, and they unfortunately generally don’t pan out,” said Dr. Richard Klausner, director of the National Cancer Institute.

[…]

[Douglas] even stands by Burzynski, abandoning antineoplastons only when his brain tumor tripled in size. “We believe that treatment did work with Doug for a year,” said his wife, Lola [W], of Estacada, Ore.theotherburzynskipatientgroup.wordpress.com...

That is one of the supposed success stories. Not any success in my book.

There is a sucker born every minute.

What you're ignoring is the fact that the people who went to this doctor had already been condemned to die by their own doctors, nothing they were doing for them was working.
Also, this doctors success rate was about 40%, and he made that very clear, he never stated he could cure everyone.
Some peoples cancer dissapeared for good, some had to go back years later for another stronger dose. Had they remained with their own doctors they'd have been fried with radiation or poisoned with chemo, and still died.
Hundreds of people saved by this doctors medication protested in the streets because of what the gov were trying to do, they protested because they knew if he was closed down they and others like them would die!

I notice you use the words "snake oil salesman" in a lot of your posts when your trying to defend big pharma!
There is plenty of evidence within the vid for those who want to know the truth.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

40% success. HA...I bet you can't verify that outside of his claims.

As far as I know there hasn't been a single verified claim.

You may as well believe in voodoo.

Believe what you want make sure you have the 20K plus fee for his refined pee though.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I just wanted to update. I did send this to my mom To read who I mentioned is in this field of research. She is very excited to say the least. This research the OP presented is in fact ground braking. Not just a headline. There is still more work but this is indeed progress.

top topics

join