It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The axiom of governance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The axiom of being governed or the idea of governance is that someone knows how to do something better than someone else. I however do not believe that. It is a way of deflecting individual responsability. I take full karmic responsability for my own actions. I do not need to be told to be a good person by anyone. I will honestly and truthfully conduct myself in a way that holds me responsible to myself and the people and world around me.

We do not need to be governed, we need to self govern and accept total responsibility of our own actions.

This is the idea we need to spread. We need to create a culture of this ideology and make it popular in the mainstream community. This will take us to a better place.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The entire point of government is one is too busy to focus on their own freedom, their own rights so they choose to pass the buck and not be bothered by it. That's why the world was taken over by consent. People didn't realize they were enslaved until too late. Because they were too busy focusing on nonsense and "trusting" the people in power.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I agree to a certain extent, we are all responsible for our own actions, but unfortunately there are some people who are not able to do so.

I think we need Government, but whatever happened to Government by the people for the people?

All our politicians or at least the top politicians are from very privileged backgrounds with no grasp of the real World. They have not had to do a proper days work in their life, yet have the audacity to sneer at the people who are unable to work and turn anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves out of work as pariahs.

They appear to be Governing for a small percentage of the population and the rest of us are left to wallow in our servitude.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That's what I'm saying we need to hold ourselves accountable and stop passing the buck.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

With media, mostly music, television, sports. With petty bickering, with subcultures, anything used to drive a wedge between people......people won't wake up to this mess for a long time. Look at how many people still vote smugly thinking they made the right choice (out of just two ya little geniuses!), those who would rather be divided than united. People won't grow up and get away from the tv for two seconds, there's not much hope they'll take responsibility for their communities and themselves.

top topics

join