It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browser 22FinddotCom. How can I dump it ASAP please..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe I should have started this thread in the Rant forum because I am getting sick of these dirty browser hijack tricks. Shoving a product down someones throat and making sure he or she can not get rid of it... If it was my say this kind of doing busines should be made a criminal offence.

Same kind of shaddy deal I experiance with windows 8.. How in a hot place can I play a dvd or cd..? I later leared that I needed to order the dvd drivers for an other 10$ seperately. I could go on with my rant about microsoft in general but then i will expect a knock onto my door as soon as the new world order has been installed..

Anyways..back to 22Find. Any smart member of my ATS family familiar with my problem and able to give a solution?

After doing some online search I discovered that 22find has tight connections with Google.. 22FinddotCom offered an uninstall instruction but appeared to be a complete waste of time.

THx

edit on 10/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Install malwarebytes and run it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe try HiJackThis, it has worked well for me in the past.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I don't know what it is but if it's a browser hijacker then reset your browser , there are explanations how to do it on youtube or just search it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stapleas above said mwbytes finds most browser hijackers.
though some might not agree you should try iobit which can update drivers aswell.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I tried that..and was simular as the 22Find instructions. This bugger is a real persistent one.

Thx anyways

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Got it dwnloded !!

Thx

edit on 10/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Can you go back in time? By that I mean choose a restore point from before you got the problems? It sometimes works.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There is a bit of work to it, i found this, might be helpful.

CLICK ME

Btw, 4 programs that you should have and run once in a while, they will keep your PC in top condition.

CCleaner : must have. Cleans your browser data, repairs your Registry.

Malwarebyte : Must have.
Superantispyware : secondary to malwarebyte : optional.

REVO Uninstaller : Must have. Uninstalls and performs an after scan, to completely remove all files related to the program being uninstalled.

I suggest you google those, everyone have a free version, a trial period, and subscription. You only need the free versions.

Watch out when you install these, as they have browsers and search engines included, though they can be denied during installation.

edit on 10-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Bit afraid I will lose a lot of other (useful) settings too..

Thx anyways..

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
There is a bit of work to it, i found this, might be helpful.

CLICK ME

Looks promising and will try to find my way in it if the previous cleaner suggestions of other members will not work. This 22Find does indeed hook deep into my operating system.

Thx

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As I'm reading through the prior-posts within this thread ...

I must say ... "Oh-My! The Horror!"

-

The daughter came for Christmas and got something "malware-ish" installed on My-Wife's Windows-7-Sony-Laptop

(actually, there were many things installed from her one download !!!)

Yes ... There was a "Restore-Point" that did work and cleaned up the Never-Non-Ending-Malware-Pop-Ups.

HOWEVER

For all of last year, my wife has REFUSED to try out Linuxmint.com ... until now.

( yes, I 1st verified Mint would work using the Demo-Mode )

-
OPINION: Two ... Potential-Solutions.

( now all is quiet, not a "windows" in the house )

edit on 10-1-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Get a browser protector from iobit for free and a driver booster

www.iobit.com...

www.iobit.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

The problem with IObit Advanced SystemCare is that if you use the free version it gives you another browser hijacker called search.conduit , it did with me and others and it's a pain to remove completely.

I would advise satying away from IOBit.
forums.cnet.com...

Have you sorted the problem zatara ?

edit on 11-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It would have been where you downloaded it from that bundled it try the main site rather than c-net for downloads

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

It is'nt Cnet the aditional goodies are bundled in by IObit

I didn’t have to rely on my true anti-malware (Emsisoft) to alert me that while I was installing IObit Malware Fighter, I was also installing a raft of goodies (including Spigot, Conduit, etc.) on my computers and that I was about to add unwanted toolbars to my Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.

Maybe someday, IObit will discover that they can make a lot more money by making honest software and charging a fair price for their software – and not try to make money from freeware. Because when they do that, they harm your browsers and your computer by installing junk you don’t need and surely don’t want.
thundercloud.net...

Several companies that I know of are doing it as a source of revenue in their freeware products , even though what they are installing on users computers is technacally Mallware and difficalt to remove if you don't know what you're doing.

forums.iobit.com...

edit on 11-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
As I'm reading through the prior-posts within this thread ...

I must say ... "Oh-My! The Horror!"

-

The daughter came for Christmas and got something "malware-ish" installed on My-Wife's Windows-7-Sony-Laptop

(actually, there were many things installed from her one download !!!)

Yes ... There was a "Restore-Point" that did work and cleaned up the Never-Non-Ending-Malware-Pop-Ups.

HOWEVER

For all of last year, my wife has REFUSED to try out Linuxmint.com ... until now.

( yes, I 1st verified Mint would work using the Demo-Mode )

-
OPINION: Two ... Potential-Solutions.

( now all is quiet, not a "windows" in the house )

Agreed! I've been using mint for about a year now and not a single problem. I used to be a dedicated xp user, but after switching to mint I realised all the dissinfo about linux really was dissinfo. It takes a bit of getting used to but overall I'd say its far better than windows, and all the software is free! and doesnt contain malware etc.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Use AdwCleaner it removes browser hijackers.

AdwCleaner

Run that and click Scan. Then click on clean.

Let's make sure the browsers are clean now.
Internet Explore, go to Tools->Internet Options(The Gear Icon is tools). Go to advanced and choose reset. Don't worry you won't loose your favorites.
Firefox, click the three little lines in the top right corner under the X. Click on the question in bottom of that dialog then click "Troubleshooting information". Then click "Refresh Firefox".
Chrome, Click the three little lines in the top right corner under the X. Click on Settings. Scroll to the bottom of that page and click "Advanced Settings" Then scroll to the bottom and click "Reset Settings". There is an extra step with Chrome. While at the same screen look at the middle left side of screen and you will see "Extensions", click on this. Remove all extensions by clicking on the trash can. Don't worry if you really need one you can reinstall it easily. If you don't know delete them all.

That will get rid of any browser hijackers you have!

new topics

top topics

join