It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics VS. Sheeple ... The Intelligence-Gap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I missed one.

How do we war for peace?

I haven't heard this one. I have "Speak softly and carry a big stick." The idea is that if you are more than prepared to defend yourself and everyone else knows it, they ought to leave you alone because messing with you is more trouble than it's worth. It's the same principle private gun owners use in a small sense. If I'm armed or could be armed, the crooks may pass me by in favor of going somewhere that's a softer target.

The problem we have now is that power and respect we used to have has been squandered. We've spent our military too recklessly without real focus or need, and in so doing, we've exposed that we have no real backbone for an actual fight. Now, it doesn't matter how big our military looks, no one believes that we will actually use it or use it in a meaningful or focused manner to actually win a fight. So they ignore us and provoke us and continue to nibble away. This is an extraordinarily dangerous state of affairs given the remaining size of our military and militaries of those powers which have been emboldened by the last few idiots in charge.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You are proving this satire correct with each post.

To assume that I meant that everybody in Mensa is an idiot savant is just.....Oh, never mind. Reading comprehension is a difficult thing to teach.

That's the beauty of satire. It's so close to the truth that it hurts.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

And satire is sometimes a beautiful jumping off point for serious discussion.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Not a big fan of using the word "skeptic" to describe intelligent people, since some skeptics are "skeptical" of the truth also.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Satire is such a hot topic these days.

I find it odd that ats frowns on satirical .com's but the majority feel that the recent outrage by n.k. on satire was out of line.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Oooo, naughty. Your assuming I'm serious. My answer was tongue in cheek irony but from what I understand Americans can't get British ironic comedy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join