It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics VS. Sheeple ... The Intelligence-Gap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

According to Michael Mensa of Mensa Standardized Testing and Pizza Delivery, IQ tests reveal an intelligence gap of roughly 60 points between the two groups.

Various hypotheses may explain the intelligence gap between skeptics and sheeple. According to Mensa these include:

1. Sheeple eat 550% more GMO food than skeptics, and the nanotoxins may be destroying their brains.

2. Skeptics avoid watching Fox News, which has been shown to emit pulsed bursts of frontal-lobe-disabling gamma radiation.

3. Conspiracy theorizing has been shown to exercise key parts of the brain involved in cognition, including the neural circuits responsible for dot-connecting, inference-drawing, visualization, logic, and seeing what is right there in front of ones face.

As the audacity and obviousness of false flag terror stunts increases, experts say, the intelligence gap will continue to widen. If current trends continue, sheeple and skeptics may one day evolve into entirely different species.

“At this rate, the ‘intelligence gap’ problem will solve itself in approximately 30 years,” McGurgle estimates.
An Intelligence-Gap

ALTERNATIVELY:

Although much of the research into intelligence and fertility has been restricted to individuals within a single nation (usually the United States), Steven Shatz (2008) extended the research internationally; he finds that "There is a strong tendency for countries with lower national IQ scores to have higher fertility rates and for countries with higher national IQ scores to have lower fertility rates." ...

Possible causes:

Income, Education, Birth Control and Intelligence
Fertility and Intelligence - International Research

-
OPINION: Noteable-Advantage ... "Sheeple".

( additionally: laughing kills the pain ... sometimes )

edit on 10-1-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
LOL. Skeptics and sheeple already appear to be different species.

As far as lower IQ correlating to higher fertility rates, there is nothing I've seen in society that disproves that conclusion. The movie "Idiocracy" wasn't a comedy, it was a warning.

S&F!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

The problem is we're being warned all the time. Every day, in all forms.

Every time I hear someone say "I LOVE my car" or "You have GOT to have this" I die inside. It's innocent enough on the sirfuce but underneath it is a vague yet noticeable mind play, cognitive dissonance. The engineers of our world HAVE succeeded in their task. The only thing left to be seen is the impact they'll have on the rest of us.

Will we split into separate societies and watch them bludgeon each other? Is that humane?
Will they bludgeon us for asking questions?
Will critical thinking be outlawed under intelligence protection?

These questions should, in our entire history, NEVER need to be asked. The fact they are being asked, especially with what's happened in France, means we've lost already. It's damage control time.

The sheeple will never awaken because they simply don't care. They're engineered that way. I don't even think it's a low IQ problem. It's more a moral one. If you're okay being totally selfish you should NOT be in a society. It's that simple.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm a skeptic and I love GMO foods... especially Golden Rice where I get my vitamin A from. It also seems that Conspiracy theorizing is a thing for non-skeptics, as would be gamma rays from Fox news would also be a non-skeptic belief...lol

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

The problem is we're being warned all the time. Every day, in all forms.

What are we being warned about?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Satire?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Maybe we should try and swing from week to week so as to live a balanced life .We could both evolve into a neither and then there would be no need for a conspiracy ..Oh no ,think of the kids that will not have ATS . what to do Oh what to do .

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What a load of codswallop. I knew a guy,one of the top mensa IQ scorers. Could do fantastic calculations in his head. But ask him to do a simple task like boil an egg and he was f*****. If the SHTF who would you really like to survive with? Answer:- not the mensa guy.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There is a world of difference between an intelligent person, and an idiot savant.

Apples and oranges, my friend. You may swallop your cod now.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We're being warned about common sense and the dangers of it being taken away.

How can you 'love' a car?
How can you 'work for a living'?
How do we 'war for peace'?
How can you 'enhance' interrogation?
Why are we now killing 'suspects'?
Why is Obama allowed to lie?
Why is ANYONE in the sphere of politics allowed to lie without fear of jail

The answer to all of these is........*drumroll* perception management. If I can get you to 'love' a car. I can sure as hell get you to 'hate' your friend.

The warning we're getting is one of absolute conformity to a 'beastly' system. One that has, quite explicitly, told us that the population is too big. That we're LIVING too long. That we're "headed for a crash". Yet you don't see any common sense in any form of control structure - it's all self perpetuating and therein lies the warning. To those who see it.

The warnings are subtle but they're there. I don't even see what your response is intending? Do you deny this claim outright or are you simply baiting?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
LOL.

I have a feeling that some may jump to conclusions and take this article seriously...which would be funny given the topic.

But...

Just for those with low IQ's, it is satire.

“Can you imagine being married to a sheeple and having little half-sheeple children?” asks Kurvil McGurgle of the Institute of Applied Evolutionary Speculation. “The frisson of horror you undoubtedly felt when I asked you this question provides evidence that what we are seeing is the early stages of a new form of evolutionary divergence that will eventually leave non-‘conspiracy-theorists’ somewhere between the Neanderthal and the Dodo.”

Already in France, people who believe the official story of the Charlie Hebdo shootings are dying off as they wander across heavily-trafficked freeways, drown in their own toilets, and otherwise display a lack of ability to survive, much less breed. “At this rate, the ‘intelligence gap’ problem will solve itself in approximately 30 years,” McGurgle estimates. “The downside is that we may be in for several dozen more false flags, each more obvious than the last. But as the sheeple cluelessly wander off the edge of their evolutionary dead-end, we have reason to hope that they will leave a better world for our grandchildren.”

www.veteranstoday.com...

By Kevin Barrett on January 10, 2015 charlie hebdo, false flag, intelligence gaps, paris, Satire, sheeple, Terrorism Humor

www.veteranstoday.com...
edit on 10-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Its a HOAX satire article. MENSA wouldn't EVER use the 'sheeple' term.

McGurgle???? GTFO!!

edited to hail das kapital

edit on 10-1-2015 by steamiron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: steamiron
OH NO! On another thread people on ATS are lambasting hoaxers. Name and shame them is the call. Yet we have a home grown hoaxer on ATS now.
Fissionsurplus I don't think the people at Mensa would take kindly to you calling them idiot savants.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Satire is often more effective than being blunt and unfunny though.

Personally I prefer satire myself as it lightens the mood, but like Charlie Chaplain showed us, it can be used to convey andincredibly sobering and detailed reality.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

I only need to know how good their pizza is.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think the real difference is that people are being taught that emotion is an acceptable substitute for real logical reasoning. Something must be correct because you FEEL it must be so.

So the statements of the poster above: I LOVE my car. You have GOT to have this. They play on emotion. There is no element encouraging you to analyze whether or not or why you should or should not feel one of the deepest and most profound of human emotions for a vehicle. Or whether or not or why you might really NEED whatever "this" is. It's all based on raw emotion - love/desire, need, etc.

A sheeple allows their emotions to be manipulated and goes along with it without thinking why and whether or not their emotional response is appropriate. See the national push to try to ban certain types of firearms and institute a national firearms registry after Sandy Hook. This was based on raw emotion in an attempt to get people to go along without actually thinking about what the possible repercussion would be and if such a thing were needed or even justified given the full details of the incident.

A skeptic does not dismiss their emotions at all, but they do think before they act. And therein lies the difference.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

We're being warned about common sense and the dangers of it being taken away.

How can you 'love' a car?
How can you 'work for a living'?
How do we 'war for peace'?
How can you 'enhance' interrogation?
Why are we now killing 'suspects'?
Why is ANYONE in the sphere of politics allowed to lie without fear of jail

And so what has changed since the dawn of civilization?

The warning we're getting is one of absolute conformity to a 'beastly' system. One that has, quite explicitly, told us that the population is too big. That we're LIVING too long. That we're "headed for a crash". Yet you don't see any common sense in any form of control structure - it's all self perpetuating and therein lies the warning. To those who see it.

Of course population is too big because we live too long. It has for a good while been the reason to population growth. In fact Europe, China, Japan and soon many other countries are in trouble because they are not having enough babies to off set their growing older population.

The warnings are subtle but they're there. I don't even see what your response is intending? Do you deny this claim outright or are you simply baiting?

I do not see it getting worst, just better reporting/instant communications. Do people think things were better 50 100 200 500 years ago? We have more free time on our hands than any other time in human history. The two of us are debating that 30 years ago it wouldn't have happened.

So what is the end state to these warning that you see if we do not notice them?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

And sometimes its just made up hooey.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The people in Mensa who take pride in being in Mensa are probably some of the most conditioned Sheeple of all. No better than the average underpaid Joe worshipping a sports star or Hollywood actor for making excessive amounts of money. The most aware people probably wouldn't have high "IQ".

@Jones
You expressed some very clear & succinct examples. I still wouldn't expect many to understand, aka Xtros' response.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

How can you love a car?

People abuse the meaning of words every day. However, the abuse here does encourage the idea that you should have a car you love.

How can you work for a living?

How can you not? Even if you were the only person on earth, all by yourself, you would need food, clothing, shelter to survive (i.e. live). Those things are not going to just appear at your beck and call. You will need to perform a certain amount of labor (i.e. work) in order to have them.

This is therefore, no new societal evil. It is merely an age old truism.

Why are we now killing 'suspects?'

This has to do with journalism. You cannot refer to someone who may have committed a crime and has not been formally charged or convicted as anything other than a suspect by the rules of style. So when the suspect comes out guns blazing or resists a hostage crisis SWAT-style team and gets killed by armed police as a result rather than being apprehended, you have the result of a killed suspect.

There is currently no law against lying unless you are in front of a jury and have taken the oath to tell the truth. This is why Clinton was impeached, not for sex. He lied under oath in front of a jury which is the crime of perjury. If Clinton can survive impeachment for lying to a jury (he was later disbarred from practicing law for it), then Obama can lie to the public all he wants.

We the people elect the leaders we deserve. Obviously, it is no big deal that Obama lies. We, therefore, must lie to one another all the time. If lying meant that much to us, he would never have survived re-election, and people would understand exactly why Clinton was impeached, and it would be remembered as such, not simply as Republicans trying to impeach him over sex.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join