It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nothing Special 4-Layer Semi-Vegan Sandwich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Today I woke up hungry and bored of everyday's options for breakfast, you know...., cereal, eggs or maybe bacon. I don't know why I think many others here start their day as early as me (0230) or maybe back home after the night shift.

This is something you can have in the fridge ready to put on the bread or maybe a wrap. This time I used whole grain wheat bread, slightly toasted with a bit of butter so it won't be too dry. No need to cook anything, just chop and season. Simple and fast. Ingredients on 3 or 4 layer sandwiches are usually separated by the bread, a waste of time considering you'll mix all in your mouth.

STEP #1

Chop green apple, red pepper, celery, spinach, onion, green cabbage and tomato. Set similar amounts of corn and grated carots.

Also chop 2 garlic cloves and some artichoke hearts.

Now, this is the twist. Include some cramberry trail mix.

STEP #2

Mix all ingredients in a bowl with mayo, salt and bit of extra virgin olive oil. Add lemmon pepper if you want. Get your bread ready and spread the mix nicely. Get your favorite chips aside. Enjoy!

edit on 10-1-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm so mad at you. It's 8° and now I have to go to the grocery store so I can have one too.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Looks good. I make veggie samwhiches but I haven't made one with that many ingredients.
I use Ezechiel bread. Love that stuff.

I made a thread earlier about insanely unhealthy fast-food, so this is a nice counter.

link   
a reply to: Trueman

That looks like a hell of a sandwich.

May I ask what cranberry trail mix is though, I have no idea what that might be?

link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Haha..., that's a great compliment, thank you !

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Easy to find in supermarkets, convenience stores or even gas stations with store, just google it. If can't find it, just get some dry cramberries or raisins.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I am English so it means nothing to me, I will google and try and find something comparative, American food is more unusual globally than you may think.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
S&F for you.

That looks amazing. I just went vegan at the begging of the year and my wife is already vegan so this will definitely be happening soon.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I am English so it means nothing to me, I will google and try and find something comparative, American food is more unusual globally than you may think.

I understand. Just added a photo of the mix. Nothing special, you can use the alternative options I told you or can create your mix. Just be sure it's all dry fruits, no chocolate or candy (LOL).

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Looks amazing just need to switch out the mayo to make it vegan

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I use Ezekiel too. No flour

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Looks great gonna definitely try it! I am not vegan but have friends who are they won't touch anything that contains animal byproduct so I'll have to swap out the butter and mayo because I want to share this with them they're constantly on my meat eating case lol
edit on 10-1-2015 by Daavin because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Looks amazing just need to switch out the mayo to make it vegan

Haha..., just changed the title for you my friend

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Nice! I'm really drooling looking at it lol. I eat eggs so it's no big deal to me was just being particular

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Let your good lady be the vegan and do the right thing.

Bacon would make that sandwich complete.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Bacon is good too. Also you can serve the mix with some tortilla chips and beer.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Mashed avocado is a hell of mayo substitute.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Let your good lady be the vegan and do the right thing.

Bacon would make that sandwich complete.

My heart and soul agrees with you 100% on your statement, but my weight and current health just punched me in the face.

Gotta change my current lifestyle and get myself right before I become another statistic on the obesity epidemic chart and big pharma starts getting my monies to prolong my old slobbish life. I'm not on any meds yet but I see them waving at me down the road. I'm taking the road less traveled to prevent that.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
it looks good as is.

but i wouldnt mind some chopped chicken up in there ;D
and maybe a way to cajun the whole thing up a bit.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Wow that is really a truly awesome looking sandwich!

Something simple you might try, I love a flour tortilla heated until puffy, sliced avocado on it and sprinkled with tobasco sauce and a little salt.

Very addictive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join