It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

signs of ancient life in Mars rover photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Let me be the first to be a Mars Firster... don't damage the pristine wasteland of Mars!

Leave Mars for the rocks... life sucks... don't spread it! Go Red Peace!

ETA oh, and as far as the microbial signs... cool beans... but the Viking, methane and meteorite findings are pretty conclusive already that Mars likely has life in her, still... but more verification is a good thing.

edit on 1/9/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I would happily take a one way trip to Mars, am I the only person who thinks this world #ing blows?

If you have low self-esteem and no friends, you don't have to go all the way to Mars to kill yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I have never guffawed at a post urging suicide before... here's to first times!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I would happily take a one way trip to Mars, am I the only person who thinks this world #ing blows?

If you settled into life on the new colony - meet a fellow colonist - had kids ...... I bet they would want to see Earth.

And after visiting Earth ...... they probably wouldn't want to return to Mars.

We live in a paradise - a feast for the senses - the relative freedom of inhabiting a planet we are adapted to live on, would stand in stark contrast to the spartan, highly controlled environment that a Martian colony would entail. At least until we terra-formed the planet - quite a lengthy process I believe.

Earth is the real prize ........ but we will have to leave this planet and colonise another to truly appreciate that fact.

The same curiousity that takes us off Earth and onto Mars - will leave humans who were born on Mars hankering for Earth.

_______
Of course I am just kicking an idea around here - but it is fun to imagine

top topics

<< 1   >>

join