It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasure Hunting (Part 1)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
(this is a short story I just started writing, and thought I would share the first part with you!)

On a hot summer day, a small boy came running into his home, ran down the hallway and into his room. In his hand he held something, but tears were running down his face. The boy was still in school, and his pastime was hunting for treasure! His father got him all excited about hunting for treasure each day after school.

The father would wake up early in the morning and hide some objects around the home and yard. He would always put a small red sticker on the object so that Jimmy would know that that was the treasure. But the treasure was not gold coins, but rather gold in its own way. His father would use some objects that he had found in his own life, and then use that to teach his boy some very important things about life, the things a young boy do not learn at school.

Some of the treasure he would hide is a small red rock, a raw Red Jasper which he picked up when hiking at Red-Cliff. After Jimmy had found it, he would wait for his dad to come home. When he does, he would give Jimmy the very important lesson, about how the Red Jasper is the same color as blood, and how blood is Life. He would also teach his boy about how this stone was used to make carved statues for kings, many years ago.

But today there is no restless waiting by the door. He runs into his room and sits on the edge of the bed, still clenching his treasure in his hands. His mother, who also enjoy the daily lessons, see her boy running into his room, and follow him to see what was wrong. As she steps inside his room, see can see her only son sitting on the bed, his hands holding something, and tears running down his face. Concerned, she takes a seat next to him. “What is wrong?”, she asks him. “What did you find today?” Little Jimmy’s hands slowly opens and reveal a small mirror. “I found myself!” Jimmy says as a tear drops down his face, and splashes on the mirror.

To Be Continued…

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Nice start here!!! I look forward to more!!
Syx.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanx Syx. I hope to complete it soon.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You are quite Welcome IO!!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Is it okay if I u2u you when part 2 is done?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yes please do! Thanx!!!

new topics

top topics

join