It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek-owned tanker bombed in Libyan port

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

An unidentified warplane has bombed a Greek-owned tanker ship in the eastern Libyan port of Darna, killing two crew members and injuring two more, according to Greek authorities.

Greek-owned tanker bombed in Libyan port

I am sure I read somewhere about some rogue state who had plans for this exact scenario, it could have been Al Qaida or IS or for that matter Gaddafi and Libya. Anyway, disturbing news that something may be afoot. The «unidentified warplane» sounds like some nation's air force is involved.
edit on 5-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: added IS

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
I am sure I read somewhere about some rogue state who had plans for this exact scenario, it could have been Al Qaida or IS or for that matter Gaddafi and Libya. Anyway, disturbing news that something may be afoot. The «unidentified warplane» sounds like some nation's air force is involved.

You do know that Gadaffi is dead, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Yes, and I was talking about revealed plans about such an attack I read once, perhaps going back as far as Gaddafi.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Another take…

Libyan government "admits" to bombing it.

Libya has a "government"?

Lots of disinfo, run for cover.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Interesting article. I am wondering how no oil was spilled though....it was bombed....is that even possible?

The Greek Merchant Marine Ministry said the ship was carrying 12,600 metric tons of fuel, however, Athens-based Aegean Shipping Enterprises Co, which operates the ship, claims no oil was spilled.
"There is no oil leakage, the ship's integrity was not compromised. Damages are being assessed," said Elias Syrros, the company's safety manager.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

According to english.alarabiya.net... the tanker was not anchored as previously reported, but that it was entering the harbour with lanterns off:

Mesmari said that the tanker had turned off its lights "in preparation for entering the (Derna) port... and because of this it and its cargo were considered suspicious."

Also, the same article says that:

News of the air strike came as the United Nations postponed peace talks it was hoping to hold Monday between Libya's warring factions.

Another site www.libyaherald.com... comes with even more conflicting reports, that there was only one killed and eventhough a rocket exploded on the vessel’s deck (sic) it soon after left for another port:

The remaining 22 crew members ­– 19 Filipinos, two Greeks and a Romanian – were said to be in good health onboard the tanker. 
 It has suffered damages but there has been no oil spillage. It is reported to have since sailed to Tobruk. According to an official there, only one crew member was killed. The two tho were injured are reported to have been discharged from hospital.

This is getting rather confusing....
edit on 5-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: fixed tag

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Libya should just be renamed Terroristonia. Never makes news for any other reason. Weren't they the country of origin of the men Doc got shot by in Back to the Future? They are always up to no good!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Salamandy

Or was it in Air Wolf? Can't remember Doc being shot by a Libyan in Back to the Future, but I may be wrong, it happens.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ...

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy
Libya should just be renamed Terroristonia. Never makes news for any other reason. Weren't they the country of origin of the men Doc got shot by in Back to the Future? They are always up to no good!

Yep...it was two Libyans that shot Doc. But he got them in the end by coming back with a bullet proof vest....oh yeah!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: Salamandy

Or was it in Air Wolf? Can't remember Doc being shot by a Libyan in Back to the Future, but I may be wrong, it happens.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I think Gaddafi was sort of rock'n'roll in his own way. I've heard he had some pretty wild parties, with Playboy-bunnies and world famous rock-stars flown in by diplomatic jets. Wasn't much left of the old lion as they smoked him out from his hole and dragged his bloody carcass through the sand....
edit on 6-1-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: ....

top topics

join