It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, Wife Die Hours Apart After 72-Year Marriage

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

A Georgia couple died mere hours apart last month, ending a 72-year relationship that may embody values "of an era long gone by."

Louise Bain, 90, drew her last breath on a hospital bed beside her husband, 92-year-old Robert Bain, on the day after Christmas; he passed away six hours later.

"The moment Mom passed, daddy grasped his chest," says their daughter, Charlotte Tallent. "He knew she was gone."

People say they were inseparable, holding hands in an assisted-living facility and snuggling while facing each other in her room. "This couple made history to me," says a worker at the Alpharetta, Ga., home "When you experience it yourself it’s remarkable how deep their love was."
Newser

So lovely and heartbreaking at once. Thank God their love 'Still lives on' - even after they're gone.

peace
edit on 4-1-2015 by silo13 because: pic fix

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Beautiful, I hope to be back to add what happened with my Grandparents as well.

Happy New Year to you my friend.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You can't write a better ending to a long life of love and commitment to each other.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: antar
Antar - I cry like a baby every time I read these - and have a chance to pass them on.

I hope you share about your grandparents - and a very Happy New Year to you too!

peace

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My Grandfather took my Grandmother's death hard. He felt that it was wrong to move on. Someone special came into his life and he married again. The family explained to him that it wasn't wrong to want to be happy. It took this very special woman to manifest it into reality.

I miss all three.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
And my love is thus, she is the reason that I live. She is the very breath that I breathe. My sun rises each day because of our love. I am in perpetual gratitude for the blessing that is she. Namaste.
edit on 4-1-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Peace. Love, what is better than these? Nothing.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Reminds me of my grandparents passing in 2009. They were married over 50 years and died 2 days apart with no knowledge of each others death. We wound up having a double funeral.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
This is so sad yet so awesome at the same time. I hope I can find this kind of love with someone some day. They practically spent their entire lives together, wow.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

They aren't the 1at couple.. ..the last thread we had here in 2012-13....that couple was 67 years married.

I see there are others.. ..

new topics

top topics

join