It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 things I cannot believe lasted through 2014 and are coming into 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hello ATS! I highly enjoy this website at times as I believe I have gained quite a bit of perspective from this place. I was raised extremely christian and lived in a very christian community, very sheltered from the outside world. Websites like ATS have opened my mind some and I believe myself to be an overall more educated, and tolerant person. That being said, there's still some things I do not understand about this place, topics that get way too much interest.

Realize I am simply stating my opinion I have due to my experiences, and do not deem myself as the holder of truth, nor do I even believe I'm 100% correct in any event ( Nor is anyone. )

1. Global warming
Seriously? We know the world has weather cycles, that it has ice ages, it warms up, cools down, all that fun stuff, yet we think humans directly control all of this? How uneducated do you have to be to realize global weather cycling is a fact, not an opinion, and is not at all man caused - It may be sped up by mans activities, but the world does it's own thing regardless if narcissistic humans enjoy giving themselves credit.

2. 9/11
I don't know how much this topic needs to be drug through the mud. TPTB are evil, we were not told the truth about the events that occurred that day, and focusing on figuring this, and other things out rather than figuring out how to overcome the obstacles we face constantly is perfect for those controlling things. Yeah - Put all of your energy into a topic more than a decade old rather than putting any effort at all to fix the even worse things happening today, wonderful idea, people.

3. Chem trails
There's been exactly zero evidence whatsoever to prove these even exist, and people come up with the worst "evidence" when trying to prove this is even something worth talking about. My grand-father, and great-grand father have seen VAPOR trails in the air ever since they've seen planes/jets in the skies, there's absolutely no mystery here whatsoever, and the burden of proof is on those still claiming chem trails exist - Proof they've not been able to give, even in the slightest. I am glad this topic has died down a lot, but I'm not sure it will ever disappear altogether.

4. UFO's
Now I cannot prove or disprove anything, but the TYPE of attention this topic gets every year is what drives me crazy. " I saw an odd flying thing I could not - With my very limited civilian knowledge/experience - identify, so this planet must be run by psycho aliens with a plan to destroy the universe. " - Okay, so that example is a bit far-fetched and not what ALL the UFO group sounds like, but it's definitely not a far stones throw away from what I see online all the time. UFO means unidentified flying object - and most of you have no idea what military grade planes look like in the air, anyways. I fully believe alien life exists, just think 99% of sightings are ignorant people not knowing what they're seeing. ( perhaps including things like ball lightning, hessdalen lights, and the like - These I find interesting topics! )

5. A myriad of Anti-Christian topics
Growing up christian, the internet is chalked completely full and overflowing with people who are extremely ignorant on the views christians have. Growing up christian myself - surrounded by catholics, mormons, lutherans, protestants etc, let me tell you about some things people don't know about ( Based on my experiences, and the people I've talked to - I am not generalizing all christians )

Christians believe in mutation and evolution - Yep! One of the topics people are most ignorant about altogether. The Christians I know believe God and science go together - That dinosaurs existed, that animals have changed and mutated, evolved over the years. The only thing Christians I know believe that is different from conventional scientists is that homo-sapiens specifically had more of God's work put into them, and did not naturally result from monkeys years ago. - Modern science cannot actually find all the evidence needed to put a hole in this argument, nor could any evidence really disprove that a greater being helped the events of humans coming into existence anyways. It's ignorance both to claim 100% fact humans are fully naturally occurring without a God, and also ignorance to claim science is not involved in my opinion. - You can't indisputably prove either. ( And scientists think they can )

Christians are not anti-abortion no matter what, and always. - Hearing one idiotic conservative politician say something stupid does not equal all christian people following that train of thought. Most Christians I know believe it to be a grey area, and actually support abortion in cases of incest, rape, or life-threatening cases - With a lot of care, sympathy, and understanding put into other situations.

The internet seems to be more and more liberal, so they will find articles like " Gay teen kills themselves due to christian parents " and over-generalize and stereotype rather than denying ignorance like they claim to be doing.

A good day to you ATS, if you made it through my long rant, I salute you.

Cheers,

Deadlyhope

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

1) But you just admitted that Man has helped to speed up this process...
& usually Climate Change doesn't involve a major change in the oxygen we breathe...
Keep polluting the atmosphere & chopping down rain forests and you'll understand where the theory comes from.

2) Anyone who wants to sweep 9/11 under the carpet and move on is suspicious to me...
I'm not suggesting that's what you want, but it's still very important no matter how much time has passed.

3) I could take it or leave it.

4) Again I could take it or leave it.

5) I nearly 100% agree.

Good rant though. S&F.
edit on 2-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Beings from outer-space subverting mankind and altering it to suit their desires sounds far fetched,
While a extradimensional male being creating the human race and then laying the law down upon them for a few hundred years is absolutely possible?

Hint: Which one is God.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

1) But you just admitted that Man has helped to speed up this process... & usually Climate Change doesn't involve a major change in the oxygen we breathe... Keep polluting the atmosphere & chopping down rain forests and you'll understand where the theory comes from.

This is a great way of putting it.

We can't just brush away humans affect when we are tearing down the earths way of dealing with what we are creating.

I am all for the idea of earths cycles changing, but it we need to open minded about what the actions of man can do.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm just saying humans give themselves way too much credit for changing the universe. We may or may not speed up global warming ( scientists on both side have extreme "evidence" proving either way ) but the earth is a big rock. It doesn't care if people are on it, and if one day it heats up beyond what we can live, it will cool once more, life will spring up once again. All I'm saying is we do not matter to the earth.

9/11 should not be swept under the rug, but do you know how much energy being put into the topic itself could be diverted and be put into over-throwing the powers that caused this event? It's like a billion man hours put into picking apart what may or may not have happened - With still very little known. Information on an enemy is handy.. But studying the events of this day doesn't seem to have helped anyone.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

Defining a being that is all knowing, super powerful, ultra intelligent as a "God" seems a lot more reasonable to me than calling them "ET", haha. If you dive into religions, I mean really dive into some of them, it actually goes into the process of becoming a God - Not all christian religions believe this but there are some that believe it's ultimately a maturation process, something earned and worked for, not just a state of being -
That makes more sense to me than a sentient race of humanoids being smart, peaceful, etc and being able to create hyper-drive spaceships, and for some reason checking out earth - Which has beings that are supposedly much lesser than them, on it.

God is explained, defined, etc ( Not saying I seek to prove his existence, just saying it makes sense to me with the way I've learned ) while aliens are not - Both the explainable and the unknown attract people in different ways.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
#6: Twerking

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

2. 9/11

There is a lot of evidence on this if you choose to do the research and sit through weeks of videos. Only yesterday I watched a video in which the Mayor of New York said he was told the towers were going to come down. If he knew they were coming down why did he no issue a general evacuation of the tower precient? Perhaps you might like to ponder on why he was never called before any court of enquiry to explain his failuure to spread the word of the impending collapase of the towers? Not one person was ever punished, forced to resign or anything else. I could go on.

3. Chem trails

Contrails consist of mere vapour egnine emissions and moisture (water) in the air. these, therefore, they should be short in lenght and short in duration, they should dissappear within a few minutes.

Chemtrails are long in length and long in their duration. They do not disappear, reather they just hang in the air and dissapaite, They do not evaporate.

When sprayed when the sky is blue and clear, the sky becomes grey and stays that way for some considerable time.

Just recently I watched a vidoe in which a scientist found depleted urainium in a sample of chemtrail.

Deadlyhope

top topics

join