It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France sees 12-per-cent dip in cars set on fire on New Year’s Eve

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

France looks to be on the front lines of the upcoming insurgent war that is just now warming up. I guess taking the bus or train might be a good idea.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

France looks to be on the front lines of the upcoming insurgent war that is just now warming up. I guess taking the bus or train might be a good idea.

Meh, on the metro in Paris once, a couple of arab teens started lifting up a young girls dress and laughing. The father asked them to stop and they both jumped him. The three fighting fell on me and my six year old daughter. My husband and other passengers started pulling them off, and pulling the emergency alarms. The train stopped and the passengers threw the two guys out, who stood there yelling obscenities at us through the windows.

I've never much liked public transport, but that really turned me off of it for good.

We decided to move up high in the mountains, and only once a group of guys came up and tried to rob us. But our neighbor came out and chased them back down the road, shooting at them with his rifle through the car window.

We've gained the reputation for being crazy inbreds or something up here- which is just fine with me- keeps them away!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Brings to mind how maybe society should employ the "eye for an eye" system of justice. Perhaps if those burning cars had some important piece of personal property (such as their own car) burnt up as punishment they would not be as likely to commit the crime....Perhaps their own car and every piece of property they own: clothes, cds, tvs, cell phones, computers.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I don't think an 'eye for an eye' would work really. I believe the people doing it aren't well off and have much less to lose. You can always do what Israel does to suicide bombers and tear down the family home...but that policy doesn't seem to stop the attacks either.

At some point people have so little to lose they don't fear justice. Doesn't sound like they are quite at that point in France though. I still can't believe the French police don't try to stop it more after all these years. Very enlightening thread about something really strange.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just want to repeat this, posted earlier by me in this thread-

Instead of cars being burned, the actions are getting more severe, as in the case of Mohammed Merah, who gunned down children in front of a jewish school in 2012- born in France, he went to Afghanistan and Pakistan for training.
We can say hoorah for the 12% drop (which means it is ONLY 900 cars in that day *eye roll here* ),
But it might just be that they are raising the ante...

The shootings today....
So there's less cars burning, more people killed.
More conflict on the way, watch tomorrow....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Are you a descendant of Nostradamus or what? What a terrible terrorist attack today on that newspaper.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Can't be...his prediction was not nearly obscure enough....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Are you a descendant of Nostradamus or what? What a terrible terrorist attack today on that newspaper.

Nah... just living in the middle of this. I am surprised that the US media is so focused on this, we have many events of this sort all the time here. We have a serious problem here. Nobody over there even knows about the shooting spree I referred to earlier in this thread, in which innocent young jewish children were gunned down in front of their school, in the name of Allah.

It sounds like the american media is using this to their own means. The Front National is probably having a celebration tonight, knowing their election to the presidency is almost insured.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

As soon as I heard you were the first person I thought of.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Things seem to be going in a bad direction. Everyone is going nuts. We all did symbolic protests today, more violence broke out (a policewoman was killed today) and 4 mosques were vandalized last night.

My kids live in big cities, and it makes me very nervous. I have written many times up here about the rising atmosphere of discontent , and it seems like a match has been thrown on the fumes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join