It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugh the frustration of feeling helpless in helping my dog is getting to me...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Get a new vet. Asking you to pay almost a $1,000 to figure out what your dog is allergic to is BS. I don't care if you like him, that's nonsense. I don't mind spending money on my dog, I won't say how much I spent after adopting him. You don't need an expensive allergy first.

It's the food, and you know it. Gradually switch your pup over to a good food. Not one that you make or saw on the internet. Go to a pet store and buy the most expensive brand you see, give that to the dog for two weeks. If it still happens talk to your new vet.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
a reply to: Excallibacca
We were told, without any real tests he has yeast dermatitis

Yeast is exactly where I was going with that. A bit of ketoconazole will clear that up straight away. There are even anti-dandruff shampoos with ketoconazole in them that will help in lieu of a pill.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It's the food, and you know it.

It is quite often NOT the food. Not all dogs have food allergies, but many still have itching and skin problems.

A flea allergy can cause a dog, even if bitten only once, to develop skin infections.
She did say that the dog was allergic to fleas and pollen and other things. My dog is also allergic to pollen (and dust) which sucks because I live in the sticks with tons of pollen in the spring and summer and if the summer is wet, tons of fleas that are hard as hell to get rid of given I practically live in the woods. Those little bastards are HARD to get rid of.

I would venture to guess that the fleas are the problem. They are VERY hard to eliminate [completely] from a house that has been "infested" (they also lay eggs and hatch very fast)

Get a new vet. Asking you to pay almost a $1,000 to figure out what your dog is allergic to is BS. I don't care if you like him, that's nonsense.

This, I agree with.
An allergy test should NOT cost $1,000. There are vets that would do this test for a few hundred, if not a bit less.

Side note to the OP......I mentioned that my dog has similar problems but after viewing the pics you posted after my response, I no longer think they are similar. My dog doesn't loose fur, doesn't have "raw" spots, etc.....

Last night I bathed her in olive oil and water, then an oatmeal bath....I am thinking it is more dry skin than anything else, especially since she is A LOT better this morning......just wanted to mention that.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

CAN YOU PLEASE PUT THAT DOG DOWN AND END HIS SUFFERING

I mean come on

would you like that I keep you in pain and suffering till you eventually die

that dog was probably damaged/poisoned by crappy chemical food, or crappy medical stuff

like flu shots and MMR giving kids autism, or allergies

You could MAYBE help that dog by giving him colloidal silver and bathing him in sodium bicarbonate and spraying with colloidal silver

But the best thing to do for the poor soul is to release him
edit on 31-12-2014 by FutureWithoutFuture4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FutureWithoutFuture4

Maybe we should euthanize everyone with a dermatological condition as well.

edit on 31-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In my area, allergy tests run $120. There's even an online way to order a kit and send it back in for testing. This was developed by a well respected DVM.

Jean Dodds, DVM allergy test

Also, the condition of the feet raises questions about thyroid issues to me. Has anyone brought up a thyroid test?
edit on 31-12-2014 by Excallibacca because: added link

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
DO NOT MESSAGE ME TELLING ME TO PUT MY DOG DOWN! You are INSANE AND A JERK!

My dog is not living a completely miserable life. He is spoiled and loved beyond belief. To say such things is cruel and makes me cry. I LOVE my dog and want to get him help
And all that takes is a visit to a dermatologist because no local vet can deal with his allergies or do the tests. They also don't have access to meds that could help him that a dermatologist does.

When I say we have tried All Methods available from
Our vet and previous vets as well as holistic and all tell me he needs allergy testing from a dermatologist then I LISTEN. He has yeast dermatitis which all vets have mentioned but the meds we have used do not work!! The cortisone shots work but they mask it so they don't help for the long term/

So please before you run your mouth telling me to kill my beloved dog ask me questions!!

I have had this dog longer than anyone else and it's because of his allergies I guarantee it. I will NOT give up on him because I don't have the money. I am working on various funds and ways to get help. I would do the same if it were my child!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

It totally breaks my heart that you and your friend are still going through this. I remember posting before to you over this issue.Now I'll see if I can offer anything further to help you.

Thank you

Yes it's been an adventure of sorts. I have been in the hospital a lot for surgeries from when I was pregnant and Rosco's chart is about as long as mine. LOL The cat has like one line on hers!

First off,for all reading this that have companions,you need to get vet insurance BEFORE something happens to your friend,then they won't cover anything they think is related to it.

I tried that and was told his condition is pre existing. The pamphlet was given to me at the animal shelter. I called about 7months after and was denied because of his issues. Also even with it is still expensive. I had it on a cat years ago but never had to use it.

We did see the vet today and had his nails trimmed and he did get a shot even though I didn't want but I know it makes him feel better. The vet gave me application for an organization that helps people who need financial assistance with vet bills. SO I will be filling that up tomorrow.

Second,if you have a face book page,though embarrassing,reach out to those that know you.Let them know your plight.I have many friends on there that are lovers of companions and would help if I but asked.If you don't have a face book page,maybe you should make one and get help.

Ok I have a gofundme account that I post on Facebook daily. All my donations are from my friends on there and some are even ATS members. I am very thankful to them and cry every time someone donates. I have a few places I found yesterday during my search that I am emailing tomorrow with questions because the one place we do qualify only they dont pay for testing to get a diagnosis. So it's kind of tricky because you can look at him and know we just need the diagnosis to treat it properly. He has been on so many meds, ointments and oils and nothing works but that shot. I use something called Toad Juice and it helps relieve it much like ointment would for you or I when we have a burn or cut.

Third,I would go to this page and follow the advice there. Please all that have companion animals,book mark this just in case it ever should happen that you can't afford your friends care. I hope this will help in some small way for you.

www.aspca.org...

Thank you soooo much! I will be continuing my research tomorrow. My husband is home from overseas so it's been easier to do a search. My 18 month old doesnt really let me get on the desktop much lol and doing it on my phone is difficult.

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FutureWithoutFuture4

CAN YOU PLEASE PUT THAT DOG DOWN AND END HIS SUFFERING

I mean come on

would you like that I keep you in pain and suffering till you eventually die

that dog was probably damaged/poisoned by crappy chemical food, or crappy medical stuff

like flu shots and MMR giving kids autism, or allergies

You could MAYBE help that dog by giving him colloidal silver and bathing him in sodium bicarbonate and spraying with colloidal silver

But the best thing to do for the poor soul is to release him

He does have anything crappy and he gets the best care from the number one vet in our area.

Why not euthanize a child if they have issues you can't pay for and are in pain?

You sir are well....something I can say on here! I would NEVER kill my dog over allergies. He has a way but I can't afford the visit, once he gets that I can get his meds.

I have posted about him many times on here so you might want to do a search and see what has been done already. He got his shot today and he is already happier.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

To say such things is cruel and makes me cry.

Don't let jerks like this dictate your emotional state. It is, after all, what the intention was. There are names for people like that but T&C won't allow me to "attack" other users so I will resist because I like ATS too much to have some psychopath cause me to loose my membership here.

Just ignore the trolls....this is, after all, ATS and you knew they would come in and try to pull something like this....same sh#t, different day...

Did your dog get a shot today? How is he doing?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You know for a guy who likes SG-1 you sure don't act like it.

I thought we lovers of Sci-Fi are smarter.

You latched onto "put the dog down" completely ignoring the rest of my comment

YOUR DOG- LIKE A HUMAN- was damaged by the so called high tech modern life we have in the western world

He obviously got that condition from chemicals in food, vitamin and other shots or one of those dog products.

Just like I would never trust a western doctor to jab my kid with a MMR shot, so too you have to smarter than the Pet Industry that tries to sell you everything good and bad.

Once again

You could MAYBE help that dog with colloidal silver spray, you can made it for 1 dollar a liter, just youtube how to make colloidal silver, it doesn't matter that it ends up being 90 % ionic, it is still good. When it is ready, water becomes slightly yelowish

I know a woman, who has cures crapload of cats and dog skin and even wound conditions with colloidal silver, it is perfectly safe, and inflamed skin condition is miniature wounds on the skin.

Did you know that even hospitals use silver ion bandages

Don't cling to BS of pet industry, they exactly did this to your dog

Use ATS resources (which you kinda did starting this thread) and help the dog the natural way.

Otherwise .....

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FutureWithoutFuture4

You know for a guy who likes SG-1 you sure don't act like it.

You know, for someone that thinks they have instantly pinpointed the cause of this dog's condition, you obviously didn't read the thread....had you, you would know it isn't a "guy" you're speaking to, it's a woman.

You latched onto "put the dog down" completely ignoring the rest of my comment

Yeah, probably because it was the first thing you mentioned and most people don't want to discuss putting their dog down because of a GD skin condition!

YOUR DOG- LIKE A HUMAN- was damaged by the so called high tech modern life we have in the western world He obviously got that condition from chemicals in food, vitamin and other shots or one of those dog products.

Yes, because OBVIOUSLY not a single animal or human had skin conditions until this "so called high tech modern life"....are you serious?
Typical "blame the west" for every GD thing type, aren't you?

You could MAYBE help that dog with colloidal silver spray, you can made it for 1 dollar a liter, just youtube how to make colloidal silver, it doesn't matter that it ends up being 90 % ionic, it is still good. When it is ready, water becomes slightly yelowish

Yeah, maybe. Not saying it doesn't work, but do you have proof of this? Might be nice to post that as well, but I'm sure you can't be bothered...

I know a woman, who has cures crapload of cats and dog skin and even wound conditions with colloidal silver, it is perfectly safe, and inflamed skin condition is miniature wounds on the skin.

Everybody knows somebody that knows somebody that cured something......again, typical.

Don't cling to BS of pet industry, they exactly did this to your dog

Again? Wait, I thought it was "the [supposed] high tech modern western world that did it"....and again, nothing or no one had skin conditions until said "world" was in existence, huh?

........you.....are......annoying!

(post by FutureWithoutFuture4 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Does your dog have a flea collar or use anti flea medication or something. My buddy´s dog also had a similar skin condition and it dissapeared when they got rid of his flea collar.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join