It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existing Faith Traditions in the Face of Intelligent Life in the Universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: WarminIndy

My post sounded a little more harsh after another read, I didn't mean it in a belittling way. God can do whatever he likes, but I think that our existence is the proof of his work, what is within is far more reliable than an outer messianic figure (idol). We are already saved by having life, there is no need for a sacrifice of any kind, only love. Forgive others and you will be forgiven and love them as yourself. The world would be a much better place if people actually followed Jesus' words.

Yes, but for those who don't know Jesus' word, then are the world views of reward and punishment not applicable because they don't know? There has always been the idea of reward and punishment in every culture.

The bad have to be punished somehow and the good have to be rewarded somehow. Do you think it is fair and just for extraordinarily wicked to just go into the grave and never be punished?

In human society we feel the need to punish and reward the good and bad. But nature and the universe don't. A winter storm doesn't care how much faith or love you have. It'll freeze a child molester the same as a saint. Hell there was no mention of hell as a place of punishment for unbelievers till like 700 years ago. We wish there was some one to balance the scales but the truth is there isn't.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

We wish there was some one to balance the scales but the truth is there isn't.

Many wish that the mirror coming back to haunt or bless them is an illusion so that people can behave however they want without consequences. The probability field surrounding us is sense and very slow to karma equilibrium so that people can screw up greatly before the backlash comes. It would not have been a good testing ground for souls if it was not designed this way. The in between for the souls who are in between.

Namaste
edit on 30-12-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Many wish that the mirror coming back to haunt or bless them is an illusion so that people can behave however they want without consequences.

This place is a good testing ground. The in between for the souls who are in between.

Namaste

I don't even know what that means..

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Many wish that the mirror coming back to haunt or bless them is an illusion so that people can behave however they want without consequences.

This place is a good testing ground. The in between for the souls who are in between.

Namaste

I don't even know what that means..

The mirror is the behavior you choose to have for others will in the end mirror back at you so that you will either suffer for your behavior or be blessed by your behavior. People who are very selfish will be surrounded by only people that are the same always fighting each other for domination over each other. People who are opposite will be surrounded by people who help each other out for the good of all.

In between means that this place is neither the worst or the best place to exist and be aware in. A good place to see what a soul is made of and how far it has evolved.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

My post sounded a little more harsh after another read, I didn't mean it in a belittling way. God can do whatever he likes, but I think that our existence is the proof of his work, what is within is far more reliable than an outer messianic figure (idol). We are already saved by having life, there is no need for a sacrifice of any kind, only love. Forgive others and you will be forgiven and love them as yourself. The world would be a much better place if people actually followed Jesus' words.

Yes, but for those who don't know Jesus' word, then are the world views of reward and punishment not applicable because they don't know? There has always been the idea of reward and punishment in every culture.

The bad have to be punished somehow and the good have to be rewarded somehow. Do you think it is fair and just for extraordinarily wicked to just go into the grave and never be punished?

In human society we feel the need to punish and reward the good and bad. But nature and the universe don't. A winter storm doesn't care how much faith or love you have. It'll freeze a child molester the same as a saint. Hell there was no mention of hell as a place of punishment for unbelievers till like 700 years ago. We wish there was some one to balance the scales but the truth is there isn't.

You mean no mention of hell 700 years ago?

Yes, the English word hell comes from the goddess Hel of Norse culture. She is the goddess of the fiery underworld of Norse mythology.

Also, in early Hinduism, there is the concept of a hell. The Mayans also believed in it as well as Buddha. Every culture had the belief in a place of reward or punishment.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yes, the English word hell comes from the goddess Hel of Norse culture. She is the goddess of the fiery underworld of Norse mythology.

Also, in early Hinduism, there is the concept of a hell. The Mayans also believed in it as well as Buddha. Every culture had the belief in a place of reward or punishment.

Yea, but if I'm right, wasn't the first mention of a Christian place of punishment Dante's inferno? Which was a millinia and a half after the last contact with some one who actually knew?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yea, but if I'm right, wasn't the first mention of a Christian place of punishment Dante's inferno? Which was a millinia and a half after the last contact with some one who actually knew?

Dante didn't invent hell, he just imagined certain people getting worse punishment than others. He was kind of psychotic that way.

The belief in hell was long before Dante.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join