It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirk Cameron's "Saving Christmas" receives first ever 0% on rotten tomatos.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
You know your movie must totally garbage for not one critic in the country to give you a positive review....

This leads me to my main question. What's seems to be the problem with people making a decent Christian movie?

Passion of the Christ was the only successful Christian movie in memory, but it was really just shocking, not an actual good movie that holds up.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Hey it got 1.5/10 on IMDB

I think more people just don't want to go to the movies to see a film like this.

Need some of that heathen material.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Here's a video

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

You know your movie must totally garbage for not one critic in the country to give you a positive review....

This leads me to my main question. What's seems to be the problem with people making a decent Christian movie?

Passion of the Christ was the only successful Christian movie in memory, but it was really just shocking, not an actual good movie that holds up.

Thoughts?

By decent, I assume you mean interesting. Talented people usually aren't attracted to creating pablum which, by nature, is not interesting. Christianity is a death cult so it's not surprising that a film like "The Passion of the Christ" that jumped the pablum hurdle and went directly into snuff film mode would attract a following. Of course, unless one is turned on by watching a simulated torture killing it didn't offer much else in the way of drama.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

First, as a matter of fact, there have been a few commercially successful movies with a Christian theme and/or made by a Christian producer. You're making an erroneous assumption there. (Chariots of Fire comes to mind, though there have been a few since then.)

However, as a committed disciple of Jesus Christ, I recognize that much of what passes for "Christian" production (in music and other areas of the arts as much as in movies) is clearly garbage. It's embarrassing.

The succinct answer is simply laziness, IMO. These people feel that they have an almost captive audience (a demographic that feels itself disenfranchised and unrepresented in the entertainment offerings available), so they sense that whatever they throw out there is bound to be accepted as better than the popular alternatives.

This is shameful as anything offered as representing one's faith should be done to the absolute highest standards.

However, in all fairness, allow me to ask you if you have taken a good look at the commercially produced offerings that are released by secular production companies. Frankly, the vast majority of what is dumped on the public by them is crap. That's not to justify the poor production values of the religiously inclinef offerings, but it does set a damned low bar.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i'll try not to be offensive, but if i turn out to be, oh well, people will live.
the reason why it's hard to make a good christian movie is that the people that make it often are not able to create an interesting story, they just spit out all the years of brainwashing and looking at reality through a lens that only supports their vision and put it on film.
It's less a movie and more like 2 hours of propaganda, with little heart put into it under the false believe that "the message will sell itself, because it is "true" and people will know it."
And to that, i respectfully say: eat my @ss you pretentious lunatic

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm down for a good Christian movie. I'm not a Christian of course, but I'm a fan of well told stories and if they're uplifting and brave, unpretentious and have the elements of a good movie (decent script, actors, director) then, sure.

I enjoyed Passion more on it's second viewing. Gibson is an excellent (if politically incorrect) film maker and his dedication to historically specific mindsets/dialogue in his movies make him really unique in Hollywood.

Kirk Cameron has absolutely nothing to do with the above statements. He's preachy and manipulative and represents exactly the same hollow, judgmental and fearful face of Christianity that has made it so beloved by all secularists today.
He might be the greatest guy in the world, but I doubt it.
His movie looks like the opposite of inspired.
And I'm positive that it will be an ironic favorite in about five years: plenty of people will pay a dollar to watch a truly awful movie with their friends.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I have it on good authority that Kirk Cameron is actually an automaton, produced by Disney - an upgrade of the ones found in the Hall of Presidents - and that he is being used as a tool by TPTB to hypnotize us all using highly advanced, AI generated, cutting edge neurolinguistic programming techiniques only known to him, the AI that invented it, and some aliens who happen to live about twelve trillion light years from us - but they only use it at keg parties.

His goal is simple - world domination through generation of total and global mehness. Once in control he will finally reveal his plot, that he is not really a religious person, and that he did it all to impress Summer Glau.

Her publicist will issue a quick shoot-down of Cameron's interests which will them lead him into a rage which will cause him to grow into a 200 foot tall lizard monster and he will then attack and destroy Tokyo - because it's there.

Either that or he's batsnot nuts and boring as Hell.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
'Life of Brian' is, and probably will forever be, the best movie inspired by Christianity.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You're right. "Life of Brian" is head and shoulders (pun intended) above all other films about Christianity.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
While it has been awhile, The Ten Commandments with Charleton Heston was an outstanding movie.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Dogma comes a close 2nd.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Oh God, parts 1, 2 and Oh God: you Devil.. 'nuff said.

on a side note, why is it that a fly will incessantly buzz your face, until you reach for the can of fly spray? Then they mysteriously vanish, till you put it down.

It is if they are 'aware' of our intent.

I swear, fly's... evil robots or pesky insect? Only god knows..

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

First, as a matter of fact, there have been a few commercially successful movies with a Christian theme and/or made by a Christian producer. You're making an erroneous assumption there. (Chariots of Fire comes to mind, though there have been a few since then.)

However, as a committed disciple of Jesus Christ, I recognize that much of what passes for "Christian" production (in music and other areas of the arts as much as in movies) is clearly garbage. It's embarrassing.

The succinct answer is simply laziness, IMO. These people feel that they have an almost captive audience (a demographic that feels itself disenfranchised and unrepresented in the entertainment offerings available), so they sense that whatever they throw out there is bound to be accepted as better than the popular alternatives.

This is shameful as anything offered as representing one's faith should be done to the absolute highest standards.

However, in all fairness, allow me to ask you if you have taken a good look at the commercially produced offerings that are released by secular production companies. Frankly, the vast majority of what is dumped on the public by them is crap. That's not to justify the poor production values of the religiously inclinef offerings, but it does set a damned low bar.

I agree with most of what you said but what do you mean by secular? I would consider all non religious moves secular?

Oh and life of Pi was at least high average but not a totally Christian move. When was chariots of fire? I'm a movie buff but don't remember it?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

on a side note, why is it that a fly will incessantly buzz your face, until you reach for the can of fly spray? Then they mysteriously vanish, till you put it down.

Good call on OH GOD, but not 100% it's not blasphemy lmao!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

Flies are of the Devil.
I believe they may be material manifestation of interdimensional demons.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
why are religious movies so bad ? :

because they attempt to pass of fantasy as reality

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
To me Christmas have nothing to do with Yeshua:s teachings. Christians have taken the mid-winter-blot and tried to make it into Yeshua:s birth so that the Pagans would not be upset when they where forced to convert.

From my point of view the only ones who are really interested in Christmas being about Yeshua are the ones who have a vested interest in the Christian trademark and not the spiritual message from Yeshua.

For example Sean Hannity. "War on Christmas" must be a lucrative way to earn money. A Jesus child is important but "creating an environment where all are cared for that Yeshua teaches" is less important for some than having the Jesus trademark everywhere. Spirituality commercialized. Wear your Levis and we promise you will go straight to heaven. If you do not wear your Levis you are bound for hell.

PS. Changed the post so the people who starred this message have not automatically agreed with this message.
edit on 29-12-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Does anyone care what Rotten Tomatoes say, I mean who reads their reviews. You read a review and go watch film and generally find its the opposite of what they said. What is their true motive?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

Does anyone care what Rotten Tomatoes say, I mean who reads their reviews. You read a review and go watch film and generally find its the opposite of what they said. What is their true motive?

Rotten Tomatoes isn't a 'who', it's a 'them' as it is a review aggregator, so the 0% rating is based on multiple reviewers having seen this film.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join