It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Book Authors, How do you get your book out there.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Thanks for that. I will check it out

P

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Writing a novel, keeping an eye on this thread! S&F for asking.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Bump

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

This comment

Yesterday I broke my daily sales record, again! In the grand scheme of things at Amazon I am still nowhere, but it sure is fun to watch. UK sales have now overtaken US sales by a substantial margin. I wish like hell I could figure out why. What is it that is different? As far as I know, the book has not been featured anywhere, or recommended by an editor anywhere...yet. So I just don't understand if this is word of mouth, or just luck, or what! Wish I knew, so I could try and do whatever is happening there, over here! And funny but not a single review yet on Amazon.uk, even with all those books sold. Perplexing

here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is such an annoying message that I almost want to tear up my books lol.

But how do you tear up 1s and 0s.

P

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I feel you, mate, I feel you.

I'm writing a sci-fi tetralogy. Do you know how many people write bloody sci-fi? I'll be lucky if fellow ATSers read it. This TA makes me pale with envy.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Any more suggestions? Anybody?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

A good part of TAs success was because he used his writing here on ATS as a launching point for his book. He had basically been writing the book in installments, right here on ATS...so that when he got to its completion and published he already had a following. Very smart.

What sort of suggestions are you looking for?

I think the most important factors are that you make sure to have a good editor, a professional cover and start building up your social media NOW. FB, Twitter, blog, website, amazon, goodread, etc.....

Perseverance is key.

(post by gloriatyler removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Glad I could help someone around here.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Two years since last reply.

I am in a pickle, I don't have an editor at the moment.

Two books finished but for editing.

It can be difficult and challenging in this modern world where the publishers do nothing at all except rake in more money that the damn Author.

P

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Re: Editors.

On another site I've been a part of for the past year, I have come in contact with a lot of aspiring authors, professional editors, and also a group who are launching their own publishing company. I got lucky - a retired editor liked my voice and offered her services.

I'm finding marketing the bigger issue. Which was why I logged in and clicked on this thread!
~ "How do you get your book out there..." ~ ...when the initial rush of friends and family is over and only two of them wrote a review. And when one of those reviews was rejected because they alluded to knowing me. And when you feel like a bad person trying to bring attention to yourself.

*sigh*

More marketing research required!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I have been told it is all about your exposure on social media.

With what has been happening on social media lately, I think I would get banned for not having inclusive characters.

My excuse is that I can't write from a gay perspective. It is hard enough writing female parts and getting it right.

I think our dystopian future is here.

OK, so I have to have a couple of Gay Great Dragons. Perhaps the gay ones can have rainbow fire coming from their nostrils.

So let me see, Gay Great Dragon, straight Rider ... ooh ... I think I have it!

Yah me.

A male dragon who identifies as an egg laying Queen and a poofy Rider. Then they can fight the good fight because they can't biologically mate.

So what, they adopt eggs?

Na mate, not going there.

P

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You can check out Book Baby! It might be able to get your books on Amazon and stuff.
edit on 16pmWed, 16 Jan 2019 23:38:44 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Thank you, I am already with them. My book has sold enough so that I am happy people are reading it.

Don't write a book as a get rich scheme. Not unless you are 14 and mummy and daddy own the publishing house you will use.

Write for the enjoyment of the readers. Very few writers ever make big bucks.

I am annoyed to have two books written, ready for editing but no editors.

Oh well.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join