It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to refuse an unlawful DUI forced Blood sample checkpoint

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: rickymouse

2nd DUI broke me, couldn't stand the thought of jail time. in my defense if there is any, the first was when i was 22 young and dumb. the second at 34 after my divorce, that was a rough time.

Isn't it nice to have control over your life more after you break the follow the leader social drinking issue. I still go out and have a few with my old friends on occasion, but I don't drink to excess and drive anymore. I do not miss getting drunk anymore, in fact I didn't like the direction I was going when I was doing it. I think a lot of people are the same way.

I got my second DUI after getting divorced also, I went wild for a while. There is nothing wrong with having an occasional drink, but to let it run your life is a little crazy. I started to go for coffee with people when I quit drinking, these friends are good friends also. We need social interactions. Especially when we are young.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

yes it is, but every now and then a song comes on or i see something that triggers a memory from that time and it makes me remember the fun and partyin we use to do.

i don't even drink at all any more. can't even stand the taste. i had a friend that had some damage from a kitchen fire in their home, and i was helping him do the repairs to save some of the money the insurance paid. he offers me a beer and i tried,but couldn't even drink half of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

This is a little of topic but here it goes; buddy of mine in Germany went to a village festival and ended up drinking about 15 half liter bottles of beer by 4am,which amounts to about 3/4 of a liter of pure alcohol, when he decided to head for home in his car.., a little way down the road the cops stopped him and asked him to come out of his car,he at first refused to open the door explaining to the cops that his 2 dogs might get aggressive if he did that, the cops told him he better come along with them to do a blood test at the police station 20 minutes drive away otherwise they would have to take extreme action..,
he agreed,lowered the windows down a bit for his dogs and set of with the cops
on the back seat of their car. He had been a yoga master at some time of his long career and as they were driving towards his doom he remembered a breathing exercise which if done properly could detox his blood in a very short while,
the exercise is reminiscent of the type of breathing taught to women for giving birth and when exhaling it is accompanied by a very loud shout similar to marshal arts. Anyhow the cops told him to stop but he kept going and did the exercise for about 20 minutes, when they got to the station they proceeded to get a blood sample from him and to make a long story short he was tested at 0,
now I do not condone drinking and driving but this might be a way to go out and party and before you get into your vehicle and kill somebody or yourself just do the 20 minutes forced hyper oxygenating, then test yourself with a breathalyzer
and you should be good to go...!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Those memories are what make us whom we are. We had our fun doing that sort of stuff and now we have found a different life that is just as interesting. It gives us something to talk about as we get older and watch our kids and our friends kids grow through these things.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I really don't understand people's issues with DUI checkpoints. We have them all the time in Ohio, and I don't break the law, so Naturally I don't get hassled.

Seriously, I drive up, hand them my ID, he quickly realizes I am not impaired, and lets me on my way, 30 seconds tops. That's all that happens. Why would you start talking like a smart ass and cause yourself all these problems? What is the point? The cops aren't harassing you, they've got a hundred other real assholes to deal with each day, the reason you are having problems is because you are a smart ass looking for trouble.

You are not supposed to Drink and Drive anyway, so why is the 30 second checkpoint an issue? Its obvious you have a drinking problem and or a drug habit.

Also zero rights are being trampled on, a drivers license is just that, a LISCENSE! That implies PERMISSION, NOT RIGHT.

You do not have a right to a drivers license, you must apply for permission. There for you must follow the rules to maintain that permission.

Nowhere in the United States constitution does it state you have a right to operate a motor vehicle.

You get PERMISSION to drive on Federally and State owned roads.

End of discussion.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeyy

I agree. All I see in those videos in the original post is a smart ass that is making a mountain out of an ant hill. Just hand him your damn license and say you haven't been drinking and go on your merry way. Instead you pull up and immediately get defensive toward the officer and a possible argument ensues and next thing you know, you're sitting there for 5 minutes arguing when you could have been down the road 4 minutes ago.

These checkpoints are saving lives. Drunk drivers should not be driving, period.

Besides, if you're not drunk and you're not guilty, then why should people care about loopholing yourself out of this anyway? And anyone who is drunk trying to loophole themselves out of these checkpoints is an idiot, period.

Ask any human being who has had loved ones killed by drunk drivers what they think about this stuff...............

The only people who care about loopholing themselves out of something like this, are drunks and on drugs. Anyone innocent and not drunk is smart enough to know that these checkpoints are wam bam thank you ma'am and you're out of there in seconds. Only haters, drunks and idiots turn things like these into an issue.

But no, idiots see these DUI checkpoints as a nuisance, inconvenience and a griefing tool. Poor little you. I feel sorry for you that you don't seem to grasp the fact that drunk driving is not OK and how things are being done to prevent it.

Nobody likes a smart ass and nobody likes having their job made harder than it needs to be.

And questioning something that is meant to save lives is asinine.
edit on 26-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I suppose I'll preface this by saying that I have a DUI. Oddly enough, my experience has actually made me want stricter laws regarding them.

I sort of agree with you. Drunk people should not be allowed on the road, and spending a few minutes or seconds of your time to flash ID and basically let a cop sniff you isn't really much of a hardship. Especially considering how many people are killed or injured annually by jackasses (I'm including myself, horrible thing to have done and won't make excuses) every year. You could also easily argue it's doing the drunk driver a real service. Killing someone would would be horrific, and to a much lesser extent so would the financial issues and jail time. I get that having a drivers license is a privilege and not a right.

I just don't like the idea of people being stopped arbitrarily under the auspices of public safety. A cop doesn't get to pull you over unless there is an infraction. These stops are a slippery slope. It reminds me too much of the old "If you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear!" adage. Well fine, but where does that end?

You still do have rights while you're driving even if driving itself isn't one. You can't be detained or searched, and neither can the vehicle unless there is probable cause. This is essentially a search without probable cause and without a warrant. This bothers me.

You give an inch, someone might take a mile. I don't want to be stopped on the street randomly and frisked, which was what I would have said the NEXT step would be, but that's already a thing (or was). I don't want to be sitting at home doing whatever it is Domo's do at home (don't ask) and have to let my place be ransacked because I am in a particular neighborhood and police are doing random checks to insure no one is cooking drugs.

-----

Because I'm horribly embarrassed about it, and want to caution others, I'll end on my DUI. I will NEVER drink and drive again. I realize that's a common thing to hear, but there is just no way. When the cop that arrested me was driving me to the police station he said he felt bad about it since I obviously "got it", but I could have killed someone. That was a hard thing to admit to myself. I could have killed someone. He mentioned his two daughters and I'm not ashamed to admit my eyes welled up. Just thinking about hurting someone else was had more of an impact on me than anything else.

I didn't go to jail that night. I was pretty convinced I was going to. Then the cop asked me to call someone for a ride home. I told him I couldn't (too ashamed), and asked if I could call a cab. He ended up driving me home, and I've got to say the front seat of a cop car is much nicer than the back.

I did have to spend 1 day in jail, hire an attorney (5,000) , pay a fine ($2,500 I think) and pay for and attend an 8 hour meeting (almost as bad as jail and $100), attend 4 sessions with a substance abuse counselor ($120 a pop), get a device installed in my car that I had to blow into (can't remember install price but a fair amount (a couple hundred) and $120 a month for a year), get SR-71 insurance (which itself isn't expensive but they certainly raise your rates for the DUI) after losing my insurance provider that wouldn't insure someone with a DUI for 5 years. Jail was not fun for me. I'm fairly claustrophobic, so being in a tight space with 20 people I didn't know for 24 hours wasn't great. On top of that telling family about it which was really tough. Oh, I forgot to mention what I'm paying monthly for my insurance now. Now keep in mind I have a new car that is considered sporty (for good reason) and almost everything is maxed out, full coverage etc... $500 + a month. It was still pretty freaking bad on my now 10 year old SUV with the least amount of legal coverage though.

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. If you're lucky like me it will just cost you a F# ton of money for one stupid mistake. If you really mess up you're going to kill someone (or multiple people), hate yourself with a passion for the rest of your life, possibly not survive, pay a huge sum of money, be jailed for a long time and have trouble getting a job. It's not worth it at all.

I got off easy. Never again.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

DUI's/DWI's can ruin your life in themselves. They are not something that you want on your record. I have a cousin who has 6 DUI's....yes, 6. Hes had jail time and prison time over them. Not to mention, spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on Lawyer fees. Right now, he is clean, however, he has a hell of a time finding steady jobs. A lot of jobs wont take you with a DUI or DWI on your record (especially if you're a multiple offender) - Not to mention, its a felony when you're a multiple offender too. We all know how felons struggle in the working world.

So its bad all the way around. Not just for the people around you, but its bad for yourself as well. It can really ruin your life in many ways. I'd hate to live the rest of my life knowing that I killed someone just because I decided to drive after I was buzzed really good from drinking a few. Its not worth it.

If its meant to save lives and lets face it, its also saving you from yourself, I don't mind safeguards such as these checkpoints. Its just a minor inconvenience when considering the alternative: Killing someones son or daughter because you're driving drunk.
edit on 26-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join