It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhagavad Gita Ch. 1 - Overwhelmed by Grief on the Battlefield of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is a story true in every generation. Chapter One of the Gita shows us lessons between fighting in war and service as duty to God. The concept here is outlined as an allegorical portrayal of our own fight in life to see the world as ONE rather than many divided factions. As we will see in later chapters, the realization that we are all one super-soul then allows us to see ourselves in the other person (Pathos). All the Biblical elements of Atonement, Mercy, Judgment and so on are contained within this story. For me, this is a clarification of the more complicated narrative found in the Bible.

Comparing this to the larger picture found in the Bible, we see the same story of Yahweh as the self-righteous Lord of his nation. Later revelations in chapters to come outline the concept of the Lord behind the higher mind of man. Rather than listening to this as a statement of literal historical war, see this for the higher lessons taught as an introduction to the lessons that follow. The true struggle is not that of man against man, but man against himself. Overcoming the lower rulers requires our skills on the battlefield. The true battlefield is not simply the literal battlefield, but that of the struggle to overcome our own lower natures.

Apart from this introduction, we cannot understand the real lessons taught in chapters to come.

Ephesians 6

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The main goal in this book is to show the true target of our search for peace. Until we find the true hidden Supreme and Unminefest God, we struggle in a fight against ourselves. Division (Yahweh dividing mankind from his true image) is caused by the Satan we make. Overcoming the accuser demands that we leave no room for accusation. Finding our own divine nature leads to the source of the journey. To find God, we must find him in ourselves first.

Chapter one reveals the first step in the process--Development of Pathos and concern for others.

BG 1.31: I do not see how any good can come from killing my own kinsmen in this battle, nor can I, my dear Kṛṣṇa, desire any subsequent victory, kingdom, or happiness.

BG 1.32-35: O Govinda, of what avail to us are a kingdom, happiness or even life itself when all those for whom we may desire them are now arrayed on this battlefield? O Madhusūdana, when teachers, fathers, sons, grandfathers, maternal uncles, fathers-in-law, grandsons, brothers-in-law and other relatives are ready to give up their lives and properties and are standing before me, why should I wish to kill them, even though they might otherwise kill me? O maintainer of all living entities, I am not prepared to fight with them even in exchange for the three worlds, let alone this earth. What pleasure will we derive from killing the sons of Dhṛtarāṣṭra?

edit on 23-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oooohhhh my favorite book. I read this for the first time last year. I felt enlightened after reading it. If everybody in India read this book and understand it it would be a more beautiful country then it ever was.

Peace and love

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

"Become earnest about the word! For as to the word, its first part is faith; the second, love; the third, works; for from these comes life. For the word is like a grain of wheat; when someone had sown it, he had faith in it; and when it had sprouted, he loved it, because he had seen many grains in place of one. And when he had worked, he was saved, because he had prepared it for food, (and) again he left (some) to sow. So also can you yourselves receive the kingdom of heaven; unless you receive this through knowledge, you will not be able to find it."

So are we to do to our brethren/sisters(one and the same).

It is true what you are saying brother. Keep up the good work of disecting knowledge(torah, the world's). Reason is the food of the soul. But do not ever be in lack of spirit. For we are to be full of spirit and in want of reason. Hence then we are full and become even more filled. Indeed we must overcome our Yahweh and Devil (the instant evil opposites within our conciousness which was solcreated by the womb we are in).

Once I was naked, then I was ashamed. Now I tell you, I have become naked again and I stomp my clothes and stand upon the corpse of the world. Never will my lips seal from good will and intention, care, love, happiness, faith, belief and hope.

Let's look upon his cross and remember his suffering and suffer with him in joy for our brethren.

Again, keep up the good work brother. Blessed be you.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

Wonderfully written. Thank you for the kindness. You are rare here in this place.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Oooohhhh my favorite book. I read this for the first time last year. I felt enlightened after reading it. If everybody in India read this book and understand it it would be a more beautiful country then it ever was.

Peace and love

Yes. Very good words and thoughts. If the world would seek this path, we would see freedom from our accusers. Flowers would bloom. Peace would reign. All scriptures are written on many levels. Symbolism must be read as words.

I am also currently listening to this:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You are most welcome. All the elected deserve a raise in spirit from their fellow brethren.
Indeed we are rare, but many we will be compared to now and then. Pray that our Father awakens many more. For it is up to us to pray in need.

Or do we think that our Father need's us? The Father does not indeed need the son, but he so loveth him. You do well in your work to awaken many and your work is of good. But never are we to cease praying for our brethren to awaken from their sleep, so we may be many more when the time will arrive, though indeed it has.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I just awoke from my slumber, It is 5 PM.

Nice post here. You have probably read all this before hand or are you just getting into the indian culture first?

A lot of quotes from the New Testament were taken from the BG.

The message still remains the same. If we don't band together we face threats that are greater than our own pride.
The enemies in space are numerious. If people cannot conquer their own fear then they will never reach the maturity needed to face horrorfying enemies and to overcome them.

The battlefeild that will destroy us is the one in the sky but to survive humanity needs to collectively become one so we can evade invasion or at least be a lot more prepared than we are right now.

As far as i know the US government is allied with the E.T that has been trying to steal the technology hidden on this planet as well as abduct humans to look through their genetic records for passed memories kinda like Assassins Creed.
They are sifting through information to find out the source of our creation and purpose.

We were intended to become a colony unto ourselves and to our bretheren who created us so that we may become like them. They did this because they cannot reproduce once at the evolutionary state they are at lacking in flesh. So they much create a fleshlike copy species for every planet they colonize. Once individuals are chosen to become soldiers for our creators they gain the same elemental nature as them which is existing without organs or flesh. But you have to go through the transition in order to become at such a state and it takes technology to do so such as a chamber that would reform the consiousness into an animated particle state.

That pretty much is our entire purpose.

To sugar coat it, We are goated into it because 1. Service to our creator and mankind 2. Immortality 3. Spiritual power and overcoming of the flesh
4. a garenteed seat in space and participation in campaigns and missions.

All of these leads to the re-establishing of our passed and the attainment of higher knowledge and wisdom from entities that have been alive for millions possibly billions of years.

Once you are converted tho, forever and ever isn't exactly forever because you can remain in a state like that for a very long time yes but not indefinantly. Eventually we do go through another cycle of Reincarnation. it is nessisary in order to always comprehend emotions and and conciquences.
So even if you reach that stage it is not your last life. But it is an extended one. As long as you die near a planet that is inhabitated by humans you should be fine.

If not some of your essence will disperse amongst the enviroment. Maybe the fragments will become bacteria or part of an animal if there is life nearby? Who knows.

I think its cool that Krishna is blue.
He's Defenantly an Alien.

edit on 23-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join