It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Punishment for Sin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is pt. 3 of the thread which I named the Son of Man's Sacrifice

Part 2 is The Scandal of the Crucifix: The Promise

It would do anyone well to read those first two short posts, but you can read this alone just the same.

Christ promised men no greater a lot than He had for Himself: Hatred, defiance, misunderstanding, betrayal, pain and suffering, martyrdom, liberation from sin, a free and empowered soul, your name written in the book of the Living, the Holy Spirit, and the Kingdom of Heaven.

Christ did not need forgiveness, yet He granted it to us, bearing the brunt of punishment and guilt that we deserve. He accomplished this primarily through His suffering which began with the Agony in the Garden and ended with His death and resurrection along with His ascension to glory and sending of the Holy Ghost.

To Him the Sacrifice was just. Through it, humanity would be not only restored, but reborn. It was cruel of man to do such to his God, but still there was forgiveness offered to each associate to the Crime. That's right, no man can make another clean and apt to enter the Kingdom of God but the Man~God Himself, Who willingly bears the grievous pains of making us us clean.

He draws us to Himself with open arms, it is not the teachings He spoke which are to heal us fully, but His Person.

"If only I am lifted up from the earth, I will attract all men to Myself." - John 12:32

So do you still find the Sacrifice unnecessary in the wake of the words of Jesus?

"His Death would accomplish what His life could not, for there was ore in it than human heroism or devotion. What would draw would not be surrender to death but the laying bare of the heart of God' Love, the Love of God was made visible in the sacrifice".

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

How does one Lift up the son of God?

By Faith alone is simply not possible...

Why do you Christians want to keep the saviour of man dead on the cross... It pains me to see such things...

By his death you know that life will continue on after the passing of the body... but ONLY by his life and what he taught you can be perfected as he asked of us...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
as i posted in your other thread:

these hateful messages are getting really tiring. it actually reminds me a lot of Iron Man 3.

"Tomorrow, I will have the world's most wanted terrorist in one hand, and the world's most powerful leader in the other. I will create supply and demand. I will own the war on terror."

sounds kind of familiar. sin in one hand, jesus in the other, keep poisoning the people and giving them medicine...for a price.

churches are no better than pharmaceutical companies, making you believe there is something wrong with you then charging you an arm and a leg for a service that you could have done for yourself.

its funny that you should post this thread so close to a holiday that is proof of how much power we have to create miracles for ourselves. in major contradiction to the message you are sending here.
edit on 22-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"Our punishment for sin" ? I'm going to go with 'What is "Do St. Pete's job for Him..." Alex.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Christ promised men no greater a lot than He had for Himself

If that's true, then he's a liar. Plenty of people suffered more that Jesus supposedly did. Jesus was loved, Many people are not. Jesus was never hungry, unless he purposefully willed it. Jesus was never sick with the flu or cancer, and never underwent chemo.

Jesus was only on the cross for 3 hours, or so. Jesus wasn't even the only innocent person to be crucified. According to Josephus, 6000 men were crucified outside the city walls of Jerusalem for no other crime that being a Jew.

Meh, for a god, I'm not impressed with his suffering or his sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Look at the horrible blasphemies that are coming from the creatures who have been hidden from the light for so long. The light is corrosive to darkness isn't it.

Jesus did not scream and curse when being nailed to the cross by the many who scream and curse just seeing him.

You know who you are.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
Look at the horrible blasphemies that are coming from the creatures who have been hidden from the light for so long. The light is corrosive to darkness isn't it.

Jesus did not scream and curse when being nailed to the cross by the many who scream and curse just seeing him.

You know who you are.

nah, i just have a low tolerance for poor storytelling. and the plot holes here could accommodate the titanic.

i also have very little respect for agendas that perpetuate the supply-and-demand i mentioned in my first post here. go ahead and read it again if you need to refresh your memory.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I actually wasn't talking about you.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Why do you Christians want to keep the saviour of man dead on the cross... It pains me to see such things...

By his death you know that life will continue on after the passing of the body... but ONLY by his life and what he taught you can be perfected as he asked of us...

It is the religion of Roman Catholicism that portrays Christ on the cross in all their buildings.

There are Christians who are not Roman Catholics so to make Roman Catholicism the sole example of Christianity is an error. A majority of Roman Catholics form of Christianity is not even Biblical.

Biblical Christianity portray Christ as a risen Saviour who sits in heaven awaiting the final will of god to be worked out.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I wont charge you a thing. But all men are sinners and are all destined to hell.

Jesus Christ paid the price of sin for men so men don't have to go to hell. But faith on him does not give any man the right to continue in sin or to willfully sin.

I am so sorry that men have made the church a business. Today's organization church is nothing more than big business style of Jack Hyle (sp?), i.e. large congregations, plenty of money, big building proves success. But nothing could be further from the truth. Spiritual success is not measured in that way.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

It is the religion of Roman Catholicism that portrays Christ on the cross in all their buildings.

There are Christians who are not Roman Catholics so to make Roman Catholicism the sole example of Christianity is an error. A majority of Roman Catholics form of Christianity is not even Biblical.

Biblical Christianity portray Christ as a risen Saviour who sits in heaven awaiting the final will of god to be worked out.

Funny thing is I wasn't even talking about the RCC...

How many times have you heard a Christian talk about "all Christ accomplished on the cross"?

Or He died to save everyone...

IF ether were the case he wouldn't have had a reason to return

HE LIVED to save everyone... HE showed and taught that LOVE is the way...

LOVE in this life, and there is no sin... And even when we slip, We have the power to forgive

Christianity seems to return to the ways of old by turning him into a lamb

As they did in the past, the lamb is slain, its blood is spilled... and they think their sins are washed clean by the blood of this innocent man...

but WE can NOT place our sins on another...

It didn't work back then, and it sure as hell doesn't work now...

Sins are NOT forgiven by the blood of the innocent as Paul wants you to believe... such poison

They are forgiven IF you forgive... and that requires LOVE

NOT BLOOD...

Good lord when will they listen...

edit on 22-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

LOVE in this life, and there is no sin...

Hmm
edit on 113131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

You are correct. The suffering on the cross was nothing. That is because his suffering did not happen on the cross. It was in the garden. This is where he bled from every pore. This is where even God left him on his own. A suffering so great that no mortal could live through it, and then he was made to do so completely alone.

No, the cross is nothing more than a visual reminder that he died. It should be the least important part of the story. The garden is where his suffering occurred. And the resurrection shows there is more than just this life. The cross is to remind us of our mortality.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"Men are not punished for their sins but by them."

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I wont charge you a thing. But all men are sinners and are all destined to hell.

esus Christ paid the price of sin for men so men don't have to go to hell. But faith on him does not give any man the right to continue in sin or to willfully sin.

see, there's that "ive put you in debt up to your chin but im a gracious fellow so i'll make you a deal" thing. best way to win that game is not play it. loan sharks and life insurance policies are a very bad mix.

i did not sign a contract to be born so i would say any fealties are waived. i will just be a good person and take my chances. gotta be honest, im feeling pretty good about santa this year.

new topics

top topics

join