It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Son of Man's Sacrifice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
First I would like to speak of my inspiration to write this. One of my favorite speakers and writers, Fulton J. Sheen. This man has called me back to the sacred study of the True God with his amazingly lucid words and powerful voice. This man was not just an inspiration to me, but an inspiration to many. He can be an inspiration to many more, I strongly recommend that any who have interest in Religion, in science, in metaphysics, in philosophy, in history, in art, in love, psychology, true wisdom, and the Truth search him.

His powerful, thundering, heart rendering voice is a few clicks away, just search.

With what nature do we see the Sacrifice of the Son of God? For we may see it as is or as cruelty. Understanding the Sacrifice depends upon the understanding of the Nature of the Christ, Who repeated the words He spoke on mt. Sinai: "I am Who am".

It may be commonly understood and generally accepted that the Son of man is no more than a man. In some cases, Christ is considered to be even less than what actuality man can achieve. This understanding gives way to the carnal man's thought: that God is more evil and more cruel than man is, and evidence of this is the cruel Death of His own Son.

Fulton Sheen has said well, "Divinity and a suffering Savior were both repugnant to unregenerated man; Divinity because man secretly wants to be his own god; suffering because the ego cannot understand that a seed must die before it springs forth unto life."

It was not from the sufferings of a common human life that we were to be redeemed from, but from the suffering that comes from being enslaved to sin. Christ is not a political king, He rejected such honors in the desert. Christ is the King of the Kingdom of God.

end of pt. 1

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

"Divinity and a suffering Savior were both repugnant to unregenerated man; Divinity because man secretly wants to be his own god; suffering because the ego cannot understand that a seed must die before it springs forth unto life."

Mr. Sheen has a good way with words. It is true, that the gospel is an insult to the fallen nature of man. It is clear to me now that it was the work of the Holy Spirit that gave me that fleeting moment of clarity that allowed me the opportunity to rest my faith in Christ. A work of God indeed. Thank you for your thread, it is very inspirational and soothing to the soul.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
im sorry, did you say sacrifice? it was my understanding that jesus died a mortal man and came back the authority of all of existence. i see no sacrifice in that. "oh no, i trashed my mercedes and cashed in on the insurance policy and now i live in a 5 story mansion with room enough for all eight of my porsches!"

give me a break.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The day we celebrate at Christmas is Christ's birth, whether it is or is not the true date. We celebrate God becoming flesh and humbling Himself to become man. He did not forfeit being God, He remained God.

He did not die a mortal man, but the Son of man, or God Who took upon Himself the human flesh, in order to redeem it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join