It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: N Korea lashes out at US smears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
U.S. media sources have been claiming that over a hundred Generals from North Korea have defected to China over the past few years. On top of this claims have been made by the same sources that portraits of the North Korean leader Kim Jong-il have disappeared. North Korea is claiming this is nothing but propaganda and are comparing to that used before the invasion of Afghanistan. They are also stating that this use of propaganda my force them to again back away from talks with the US, Japan, South Korea, China and Russia. These important talks cover human rights issues within North Korea and also about their nuclear weapons arsenal.

news.bbc.co.uk
North Korea has lambasted the US for what it said was a campaign of disinformation to portray its regime as unstable.
The statement follows reports that portraits of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il had gone missing, and high-ranking generals had defected.

The statement said this "misinformation", spread by "reptile media", was an attempt by the US to bring down North Korea, but that in fact, the country's administration was "as firm as a rock".

"The US false propaganda and psychological operation aimed to slander the DPRK [North Korea] and finally realise a regime change there have, in actuality, gone beyond the tolerance limit," it said.

Under this situation [North Korea] is compelled to seriously reconsider its participation in the talks with the US

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sometimes the media can do more harm than good, but in this case it seems as though it is just another excuse not to take part in talks. I may be cynical, but it appears unlikely these talks are ever going to be successfully completed.

Unfortunately this "media propaganda", as North Korea put it, is not the only excuse not to talk as another recent headline demonstrates.

Japan stopping food aid to North Korea:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Over the dispute over 13 Japanese hostages taken by North Korea in 1977, DNA tests have been confirmed as not matching that of one particular hostage Megumi Yokota. This has caused outrage in Japan as they want proof she is really dead. Japan�s response has been to stop food aid in to North Korea.

This in my opinion will put more delays on talks. If I were to be really honest, I would say the talks will never be successful.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Will someone please give this guy his lollipop so he will quit whining...
and bravo to the Japanese... don't feed a guy that is stealing your people...

well, i am sure that Kim Jong wont go hungry, but if enough of his generals have to skip a meal, then the fragile balance of tyranny will be tipped to the revolutionary side.
poor baby... big bully USA is callin him names.... boo hoo hoo boo hoo hoo... "I am rubber you are glue..."
"Mommy... those big bullys are sayin bad things about me again...."

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The North Koreans have always be a paranoid lot. Yet they continue the buiding of nuclear war heads that are not properly enriched (hydorgen type) they can supply terrorist nations with a weapon that regardless where it is detonated the fallout can reach a hemishperic saturation point. That means when enough North Korean type nuclear warheads are used everyone in the Northern Hemisphere (with very few exceptions) would die rather horrible slow deaths.
Combine this with the continued manufacture of new improved Bio-fungal agents and can they really wonder why everyone that can is looking in on them from above? Check out: www.fas.org...
I believe the count of kidnapped Japanese exceeded 5,000 a decade ago. The N. Koreans grab the Japanese fishing boat crews for slave labor.
I figure some people you just don't talk to unless you have a shotgun for them to look down. Otherwise talks are just a waste of time and money.
We have the largest Cobalt source on the planet at one of our "reservations" and my vote goes to sending it to N. Korea's Kanggye facility in a silo buster with all the love they've shown everyone else. Then let's see how fast they want to talk to anybody and everybody.

join