It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can now buy stuff from ebay with Bitcoin,Litecoin and Dogecoin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bitcoin has had its ups and downs but it may be back on the up now that eGifter is allowing people to buy eBay gift cards with Bitcoin,Litecoin and Dogecoin.

But the wait has been painful for some, especially those who want to turn some of their digital currencies into holiday gifts purchased on Ebay. eGifter appears to be ready to fill that void by offering gift cards in denominations from US $5 to US $500.

This is still a far cry from Ebay going out of its way to accept bitcoin itself, and it should be pointed out that offerings on egifter (and its primary competition, Gyft) often disappear without warning. A store supported one week may not be offered the next.

That being said, you can now purchase stuff on Ebay using your cryptocurrency, something that was nearly impossible to accomplish in a secure and trustworthy way just a few hours ago. With any luck, Ebay will begin accepting Bitcoin directly, but until then, at least we finally have a viable option.

cointelegraph.com...

This could be one of the most important things thats ever happened with bitcoin. If ebay or paypal ever finally allows this directly then the price of the coins will go though the roof.

edit on 21-12-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Overstock allowed bitcoins quite some time ago and I haven't seen any data but im sure it pulled some buyers from places like ebay over there. I was big into bitcoin for quite some time and had never even checked overstock until I heard they were doing that. So I think to be competitive, especially against amazon, you almost have to do this.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm still using cash. I can't stand credit cards, debit cards, checks, etc. Paypal, bitcoin, I don't use them. It makes ordering from the net irritating (I don't order from the net often anyway) but to me it's worth it.

To me, there shouldn't be a great long paper trail just because you want to buy a coffee maker with plastic.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The title is a bit misleading. You cannot use Bitcoins on eBay, you can convert them to dollars via a gift card on eGifter and then use those dollars on eBay.

(post by DChen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join