It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of Dr. Oz’s advice is baseless or wrong, Canadian researchers find

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
a reply to: texasgirl

The problem is he stands by without a single concern selling dangerous, untested, unapproved "miracles" for weight loss and other maladies that end up being expensive, worthless and at times dangerous

He's talked about a few simple things you can do to increase health and those simple things were indeed true...but then he backs it all with these products that do more harm than good...at least to the pocket book

Meanwhile, millions of people buy this BS because Oprah slapped her seal of approval on it...it's huckster stuff...snake oil and at time dangerous to those who don't understand it

I record his show and re-watched almost 20 of them to find out what 'dangerous miracle products' he was endorsing. I didn't see any specific products he was claiming was a miracle. At the end of his show he warns people to watch out for those who try to sell products they claim he endorses.

It's possible he may have done so in the past but I can't find anything he has said in 2014 that was misleading. He has numerous dieticians, doctors, and nutritionists that come on his show. Are they ALL quacks, too?

I find it interesting he's hauled before the committee and questioned but he says he wouldn't give advice he wouldn't give to his own family so he stands by his advice. Hmmm...So then an article comes out discrediting him but doesn't give any examples of all the wrong advice on his show.

It makes me wonder if some big companies feel threatened by him. If more of us start turning away dangerous, addictive drugs and start fueling our bodies with proper nutrition then drug companies don't make as big of profits.

That's just my opinion, anyway.

<< 1  2   >>

join