It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man offers student help; Student raises $56000 for homeless man.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As far as the remark that most U.S. homeless are "bums looking for a fix" then aren't they exactly who need the most help? But then addiction isn't the reason for all the homelessness... the reasons are varied and so are the people in that circumstance... but I guess it allows some to sleep, thinking those less fortunate 'deserve it,' somehow.

These nice deeds don't usually make it to the news... glad this did... but if a society can't look after it's own, what's the point of it? A successful future will involve mass cooperation, rather than the old ways of social Darwinism... we are all vulnerable, given the right circumstances.

Thinking someone is 'getting away with something'... begging scraps to live... just doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
As far as the remark that most U.S. homeless are "bums looking for a fix" then aren't they exactly who need the most help? But then addiction isn't the reason for all the homelessness... the reasons are varied and so are the people in that circumstance... but I guess it allows some to sleep, thinking those less fortunate 'deserve it,' somehow.

These nice deeds don't usually make it to the news... glad this did... but if a society can't look after it's own, what's the point of it? A successful future will involve mass cooperation, rather than the old ways of social Darwinism... we are all vulnerable, given the right circumstances.

Thinking someone is 'getting away with something'... begging scraps to live... just doesn't make sense.

basically that's what I was saying

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: VoidHawk

Stuff being homeless anywhere at this time of year. Police do the same to the homeless people here in Glasgow, at least it gets them a bed for the night as some of the poor souls will testify, mostly through they just move them on with total disregard for there situation. Personally i feel we should address the immigration problem we face by closing our borders to any more refugees, sort out our own homeless and other socio economic problems before we attempt to accommodate others. Stands to reason after all charity begins at home.

I've been saying that for a long time! I'm not racist or feel any illwill whatsoever towards those coming across our borders, I'd do the same if I were one of them. However, when we've reached the stage where we cant look after our own... its time to close the gates!
I've been an hgv driver for many years, never got rich, but I always had a reasonable wage for a good days work, but now! there's so many from abroad who can afford to do my job for the minimum wage that I cant get a decently paid job anymore, and thats the bigger half of why the flood has been allowed, because if I cant afford to drive that wagon for minimum wage there's plenty from abroad who will!

Corruption at the very top is the problem.
edit on 21-12-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Amazing story I hope he spends it wisely.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
here in Sydney they won't even let you get in the cab if you are not going miles

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join