It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking My ( mostly ) Silence on Religion - 141 Dead, Mostly Kids?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Pigeonholing entire groups of people based upon any singular label is pointless and irrational. Most people in this world share nearly identical life experiences, hardships, trials and tribulations. We all love our kids. We all fear hunger. There are universal and shared things that transcend differences.

Sadly we speak so little of the commonalities, preferring to bicker over the differences.

There are peaceful and caring people of every ilk. When I speak of "God" I am not even referring to the Abrahamic God mentioned a few posts above. As I said, I see religion as personal and respect that others might not be religious at all. They may love music above all else. If so, then let that be what they read when I say "God". We love our families - maybe that is "God" to a reader or two.

I happen to believe in a literal God. My choice. It's what best helps me cope and understand things. But the point is that, regardless of what you think of as your "God" - doing terrible and destructive things in the name of it is a blasphemy - whether you are religious or not. It is taking the beauty out of what you most cherish.

Just as is blindly insulting the God that others have chosen to follow.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I wasn't blaming one for involvement...
I was simply talking about support & funding that you alluded to.

I don't think Hezbollah, as dominant as they are in Lebanon, have the ability to fund this alone...

Turkey are a NATO member, so anything they're involved in is part of a Western collaborative effort.
I'm 27 and Iran haven't been involved in a War in my lifetime no matter how much people despise them.

& Pakistan has been ravaged by Military Coups and Political disgrace at the higher levels, so instability, to me, is pretty much a given.

Even you, I'm sure, will acknowledge that there is many good people involved in the fight against extremism, Muslim & non-Muslim...
A lot of good people, Muslim & non-Muslim have also suffered...

There is a part of this bigger picture that doesn't involve anything religious, & if it is, it's almost Satanic in nature.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What a lot of people don't seem to grasp is that this attack was a retaliation on the Military's children for political & educational purposes.

It's got sod all to do with religion.

If they had killed these children for not converting to their twisted ideology is be the first to say it's religious.

A lot of people do not understand the Taliban is all about politics, not so much about religion.

RIP Angels.

What other religion pays for suicidal vest wearing fanatics and even rewards their families? What other religion provides the incentives of all those heavenly virgins and edicts that killing is a ticket to paradise?

I'll take a wild guess here and for 10 points I'll say satanism? It's the only "religion" I can think of that glorifies death and sacrifices children.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Lol, your skulls and doom metal Satanists or your Lucifer is the light bringer of knowledge and peace Satanism?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Lol, your skulls and doom metal Satanists or your Lucifer is the light bringer of knowledge and peace Satanism?

Neither, you're taking about wannabees and posers or new age idiots that cherry pick what they want to believe. There are real satanists in the world, real evil does exit. Anyway, the two part question posed was "What other religion pays for suicidal vest wearing fanatics and even rewards their families? What other religion provides the incentives of all those heavenly virgins and edicts that killing is a ticket to paradise?" The context was the killing of children today in Pakistan and the sickness consuming fanatics.

I simply answered the questions according to the context.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As it happens I've read all of the source books for most major and many minor religions, including satanism - and have to say that, regardless if it's Laveyism or otherwise, the satanic literature tends to be much less violent than most of the other major religious tomes.

But just to be clear - not a satanist. If Chisteo-Buddhism were a reality, that would probably be the closest thing to my beliefs. Rosicrucianism comes close at times as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I did wander what man can come to a door and open it, point a gun at children and pull the trigger. What is going through his head?
The brain is a sponge like, and its hard to imagine the rhetoric that individual has heard in their lifetime that would make him go ahead and pull that trigger.
I wander if one of them had a conflicted thought? A sense of guilt?
or a flashback of the image of the life leaving the dozens of children he just killed.
What does he have to tell himself to make it ok and justified for the rest of his life, and in turn teach his sons the same? Does he teach his son to make what he did ok?
What is the social control over a lifetime that makes them become psychotic and disconnected. I'd say it a combination of Political controls, masculine drivers with a pick and grab of religious texts that provide a imaginary gods stamp of approval on yours and your tribes actions.

I wish these boys were taught science and how to look to the stars instead.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You are so right. This violence in the name of.... is infuriating me too. While people should be able to make sacred virtually anything, there is a clear line that has been crossed by all the major religions. It is still the crusades.

Wouldn't it be the highest thought to set aside religion in order to achieve real peace?

Surely Allah, God et all would forgive one for erring on the side of peace?

Not only that but if society could ditch religion it would take the wind out of the fanatic sails.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

They are just hiding behind religion.

They know no God or spirit. They have a corrupt soul. They have no way to justify their actions, so they just pick whatever.

They say they do it in the name of their god?

Or is that just an excuse and their demon?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I did wander what man can come to a door and open it, point a gun at children and pull the trigger. What is going through his head?
The brain is a sponge like, and its hard to imagine the rhetoric that individual has heard in their lifetime that would make him go ahead and pull that trigger.
or a flashback of the image of the life leaving the dozens of children he just killed.
What does he have to tell himself to make it ok and justified for the rest of his life, and in turn teach his sons the same? Does he teach his son to make what he did ok?
What is the social control over a lifetime that makes them become psychotic and disconnected. I'd say it a combination of Political controls, masculine drivers with a pick and grab of religious texts that provide a imaginary gods stamp of approval on yours and your tribes actions.

These people take the decapitated heads of their victims and have their children play soccer with them. They have no remorse or regrets.

Sickening!
Children Of ISIS Militants Play Ball With Severed Heads Of Murdered Prisoners

Link blurred out gore
edit on 17-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And meanwhile people bash on the Christians because they're "hateful". LOL so pathetic.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Regardless of Hollywood, Regardless of nationality, race, religion or personal beliefs Killing and/or torturing is simply D&CKING STUPID.

No, no one needs to kill anyone, ever. (Animals are for another subject).
What to do with criminals and murderers? Nonviolent segregation with reform and re-integration into society if the guilty party is willing to amend on first infraction, permanent segregation on second and final infringement.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

Regardless of Hollywood, Regardless of nationality, race, religion or personal beliefs Killing and/or torturing is simply D&CKING STUPID.

No, no one needs to kill anyone, ever. (Animals are for another subject).
What to do with criminals and murderers? Nonviolent segregation with reform and re-integration into society if the guilty party is willing to amend on first infraction, permanent segregation on second and final infringement.

You think this is a simple law enforcement problem? How is fighting a military force with non existent cops going to work? In case you haven't noticed, the law enforcement in Islamic State territory are either routed or headless. Taliban controlled areas are and will be no different.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Hi ATS.

Another emotionally reactive and charged thread here. I realize that somebody will come along and say that it's stupid to post from emotion. To them I preemptively say "Emotional reaction is part of the human condition and expressing it is not only valid, but crucial to understanding one another:.

Perusing Yahoo news I came across the story many are already aware of. Extremists, bombs, and a lot of dead kids. KIDS.

Suicidal zealots and cowards in explosive vests killing KIDS.

This is NOT a "bash Islam" thread. I have great respect for all religions and the right of every single person alive to choose what they wish to believe regarding the afterlife, God, and so forth.

But I say the following withour remorse or exception: IF YOU THINK THAT SERVING YOUR GOD INVOLVES MURDERING CHILDREN THEN YOU ARE NOT SERVING ANY GOD AT ALL AND HAVE BEEN MISLED.

Please do not twist my words to suggest I am saying Allah is not God. I'm not here to discuss my religious beliefs nor anyone elses. I am here to address zealotry and atrocities committed in the name of God - in total contradiction to the teachings of God - regardless of belief.

Am I sick to death of a neverending bombing war that America has no business being involved in? Absolutely. I am disgusted that some in power tend to refer to this as Gods work? ABSOLUTELY. So please do not jump in with all the "The US started it crap". Instead open a browser and search "The Crusades" - education is fun. It's been going on, off but mostly on for a very long time and it's beyond the pale now. We've reverted to the sorts of atrocities that have rarely been seen for a thousand years or more.

It absolutely pisses me off to see cowards killing innocents. There are zealots and fantatics in every religion. But these suicide bombers? They are a whole 'nother animal altogether. They are cowards, beneath contempt and far outside the sight of God - no matter what name you call him by.

In my opinion the zealots teaching this extremist and perverted version of Islam - the Imams supporting it should be summarily shot along with their followers. Their very existence paints their peaceful brothers, worldwide, in a light that they do not deserve to be colored with.

It's time this madness stops. Saudi Arabia - I'm talking to you. Stop providing safe haven for the zealots. Stop supporting them. STOP YOUR DAMNED JIHAD.

I assume you hold an American passport? If so you have no moral grounds condemning the Taliban attack. In your name the POTUS has authorized drone strikes that have killed more than 200 innocent children in Pakistan alone, but who is counting at this point when the US does it?

Where is CNN when a US missile blows those kids to pieces? Where is your outrage when that happens?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

A man whose soul has been crushed by unspeakable crimes committed against his family. A dead man walking through life, waiting for his chance to have a day of revenge.

The Pakistani Armed Forces are no choir boys, the ISI is one of the most corrupt and violent intelligence agencies in the world. They play both sides.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying the slaughter of kids is justified! It never ever is, but there are always traumatic reasons to make a human act like a monster. Unless there is a change of the heart, it will get worse before it gets better.

Don't forget that Pakistan has nukes …

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

Covered that:

Am I sick to death of a neverending bombing war that America has no business being involved in? Absolutely. I am disgusted that some in power tend to refer to this as Gods work? ABSOLUTELY. So please do not jump in with all the "The US started it crap".

If that's not clear enough, I'll make a more definitive statement - I do not support the current operations being conducted, by the US, in the name of "anti-terrorism". If anything what the US is doing is preemptive terrorist - which is even more irrational.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Covered that:

Am I sick to death of a neverending bombing war that America has no business being involved in? Absolutely. I am disgusted that some in power tend to refer to this as Gods work? ABSOLUTELY. So please do not jump in with all the "The US started it crap".

If that's not clear enough, I'll make a more definitive statement - I do not support the current operations being conducted, by the US, in the name of "anti-terrorism". If anything what the US is doing is preemptive terrorist - which is even more irrational.

Wrong! Unless you pay no US taxes you actually do support the current operations.

www.cbpp.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There's a difference between the government extorting your support through taxes and conscientiously supporting it. If you pay taxes you automatically support the problems. But many don't agree with the problems they fund.

How does one escape support? Escape taxes? How does one escape taxes? In jail!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Any male that can do that is not a "man". They are a cowardly soldier of a hate filled religion that DICTATES death to those who oppose it's laws. I'm sorry (not really), but that whole area should be turned into glass (eg. nukes) and then the US, China and Russia can split up what is left. I would call these people animals but they are simply evil.
edit on 12/18/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Approximately 7% of Muslims are jihadists.
Only children, morons and umm extremists... deal in absolutes.

And as is beyond obvious by the attack noted in the OP... it's Muslims that suffer the most due to that fact.
edit on 12/18/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join