It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Dead, 1 Wounded and Gunman on the Loose in Montgomery County Shooting Spree

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Guns don't commit crimes, people commit crimes with guns by using guns in the way they were intended. To kill.

But not indiscriminately. Our society only allows firearms to be manufactured and sold under the premise that 'intended purpose' is not unlimited and is subject to the rule of law.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yay 2nd amendment.

The hell with everyone..as long as you are able to get guns. Who cares what type of people have access to guns...as long as your right is untouched.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Yay 2nd amendment.

The hell with everyone..as long as you are able to get guns. Who cares what type of people have access to guns...as long as your right is untouched.

Spewing your rampant hyperbole again I see. I think your needle is stuck in the groove....you may want to check that.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why thank you.

Not like I am saying anything surprising. That is the cry of the gunners...who cares who gets access to guns as long as your right is untouched.

Oh yeah..also, forgot those people who will say...."if I was there...yada yada"

Remember just because criminals have easy access to guns...shouldn't stop the government from intervening because that would make them bad.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

On the other hand, if a person has committed no crime, why should their rights be touched in any way? That goes for any number of subjects, not just gun control.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Why thank you.

Not like I am saying anything surprising. That is the cry of the gunners...who cares who gets access to guns as long as your right is untouched.

Oh yeah..also, forgot those people who will say...."if I was there...yada yada"

Remember just because criminals have easy access to guns...shouldn't stop the government from intervening because that would make them bad.

Hmmm. more hyperbole. Personally I have not heard, nor read anyone supporting the 2nd Amendment say "who cares who gets access to guns as long as your right is untouched". The only ones I do hear saying that is the opposition.....funny that.

edit on 12/15/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Terrible tragedy. I hope Stone is apprehended and is made to face trial, though my gut says he's already escaped that responsibility.

After reading the responses to this quite dramatic story two things really stood out out to me.

1) The content of the posts. Instead of discussing the tragedy of such events or even the developments in the investigation/manhunt, the comments almost immediately evolved into a "my side vs. their side" debate of politics. Juxtaposed against the Australian hostage thread (another very dramatic story) it is really quite alarming to see such division in a thread that should be about condemning such terrible actions, maybe express grief for the family and friends of the victims and discuss the developments in the story.

2) The quantity of responses. Hours into the story since events unfolded and this thread has reached two pages of responses, a great portion of them coming from a same few posters having a political debate. The Australian hostage thread on the other hand was blazing through the pages with all the things listed above.

Is the low participation rate in this thread a result of the first point? Is the average person put off by the near instantaneous ignition of a heated debate and chooses not to participate? Or is it something worse? I'm afraid that the real reason might be that people just don't care anymore. Was large response to the Australian hostage thread because it was so shocking? Why then isn't this event, which should be shocking to anyone, not garnering the same type of response. Is this now accepted and expected in The USA?
edit on 16-12-2014 by Syphon because: missed words here and there

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Ya it is very strange that his isn't getting attention.

Maybe if the guy had some sort of flag then more people would care

Other wise just another day in the US, people getting shot by a guy who I guess just couldn't take it anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The guy depends on walking with a cane or walker, and the police still cannot find him? Really?

Wow, how far our investigative police force has fallen. I hope someone sends in a tip that leads to his arrest soon, before others are terrorized by this "invalid".

edit on 12/16/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrMescalito
Have the apprehended him? What is the latest?

EDIT on scanner it seems like they are close

Whoa there tiger! You're the only member in the thread who's actually asking about the '6 dead, 1 wounded.' Folk would rather talk about something totally different! 'To hell with murder! We wanna talk politics...'

From the current news sources, they're saying the search was stood down after midnight and will carry on at daylight. The helicopter couldn't find the suspect.

Officials have not released a motive for the shooting, but several of Nicole Hill's neighbors and friends said the woman feared for her life as the two went through a bitter custody dispute.

"She knew and [Bradley] would tell her that he was going to kill her," said friend Evan Weron. "She would go around to all the ladies in the neighborhood 'This man's going to kill me.' She felt threatened."

Read more: www.nbcphiladelphia.com...
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

The guy depends on walking with a cane or walker, and the police still cannot find him? Really?

For real, I mean this guy can't be moving that fast, or he was successful in a car jacking after his first failed attempt.

Hopefully he is done with his rampage, this man has hurt so many already

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: DrMescalito
Have the apprehended him? What is the latest?

EDIT on scanner it seems like they are close

Whoa there tiger! You're the only member in the thread who's actually asking about the '6 dead, 1 wounded.' Folk would rather talk about something totally different! 'To hell with murder! We wanna talk politics...'

From the current news sources, they're saying the search was stood down after midnight and will carry on at daylight. The helicopter couldn't find the suspect.

Officials have not released a motive for the shooting, but several of Nicole Hill's neighbors and friends said the woman feared for her life as the two went through a bitter custody dispute.

"She knew and [Bradley] would tell her that he was going to kill her," said friend Evan Weron. "She would go around to all the ladies in the neighborhood 'This man's going to kill me.' She felt threatened."

Read more: www.nbcphiladelphia.com...
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

Holy crap! We're going back to the subject at hand? Phew! I was wondering if it was going to go on for another 15 pages before that happened. There's another thread here

Thread

That one seemed less political, thus far. Whichever one stays, I count on the mods to do a great job as usual!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A body has been found in Pennsburg, PA according to CNN TV, his last known location. CNN speculating that it is the shooter and not another victim. Awaiting confirmation from the police.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
A body has been found in Pennsburg, PA according to CNN TV, his last known location. CNN speculating that it is the shooter and not another victim. Awaiting confirmation from the police.

The DA is supposed to come on to Brief that the body found IS the suspect in Pennsburg. The 17 yr old family member is in stable, but serious condition and expected to recover.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Well at least people can stop looking over their shoulder now.

Shame they always take the cowards way out

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Anyafaj

Well at least people can stop looking over their shoulder now.

Shame they always take the cowards way out

I'm glad at the very least, townspeople don't have to wait weeks and weeks and weeks of looking over their shoulder, as they did with Frien. It got so bad, some towns cancelled Halloween because they were worried about Frien. (Though, even though he was found just before Halloween, I don't know if they restored the holiday for those towns. I was curious to see if they would have been forced to cancel any Christmas celebrations due to the new shooter being on the loose.)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Damn bastard! I'm glad he took the easy way out right now. It seems while he was killing the 14 yr old girl, the 17 yr old brother was trying to protect his sister and not only was stabbed severely, but he lost 3 fingers in the process. I support our military in so many ways, but this, this was monstrous and cowardice!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Edit because: Link not working on the page. Odd! I can put the link in the other PA thread, but not this one, go figure. Oh well, I'm done trying after 15 tries.
edit on 12/16/2014 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join