It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders unveils plan to break up Wall Street banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders, the Independent from Vermont, is planning to introduce legislation in January that would break up the big banks of Wall Street !!!

He cites the new legislation passed last week that somehow allows banks to receive Federal Insurance for any future failed speculative investments.

Bernie blames Lobbyists for injecting the safety net for banks into legislation.

He says Congress needs to regulate Wall Street.

Well, good luck Bernie.

Bernie Sanders unveils plan to break up Wall Street banks

Sen. Bernie Sanders plans to introduce new legislation to break up Wall Street banks and prevent them from using the the House-passed spending bill to engage in the kind of investments that led to the 2008 financial crisis.

The Independent senator from Vermont used Saturday’s Senate session to outline a proposal that he believes would combat spending bill provisions meant to “gut” financial reforms passed by Congress in 2010.

“If Congress cannot regulate Wall Street, there is just one alternative. It is time to break these too-big-to-fail banks up so that they can never again destroy the jobs, homes, and life savings of the American people,” Mr. Sanders said in a statement Saturday.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Sanders is a joke.

Wall Street is no different than us.

We all use the same money the biggest banker in the country issue: The federal Reserve.

How about the so called 'independent' do something about it?

*crickets*

The Frank Dodd Act EXPANDED the federal reserve powers and Sanders voted YEA.

www.govtrack.us...

Sanders has zero credibility.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here's where the issue lies...

Apparently this all came from the B.I.S. Basel Committee in Switzerland !!!

Foreign NWO influence on the U.S. Government !!!

On December 11, 2014, the US House passed a bill repealing the Dodd-Frank requirement that risky derivatives be pushed into big-bank subsidiaries, leaving our deposits and pensions exposed to massive derivatives losses. The bill was vigorously challenged by Senator Elizabeth Warren; but the tide turned when Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorganChase, stepped into the ring. Perhaps what prompted his intervention was the unanticipated $40 drop in the price of oil. As financial blogger Michael Snyder points out, that drop could trigger a derivatives payout that could bankrupt the biggest banks. And if the G20’s new “bail-in” rules are formalized, depositors and pensioners could be on the hook.

The new bail-in rules were discussed in my last post here. They are edicts of the Financial Stability Board (FSB), an unelected body of central bankers and finance ministers headquartered in the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland. Where did the FSB get these sweeping powers, and is its mandate legally enforceable?

The Global Bankers’ Coup: Bail-In and the Shadowy Financial Stability Board

WoW !!!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I had read that earlier at Information clearing house . Cant say I completely understand it but neither can anyone else because of the vague nature of the rules . It doesn't look good though . www.informationclearinghouse.info... a reply to: xuenchen

eta . The sinking oil prices are only going to bring this about much quicker as I had read on another piece that I cant seem to find at the moment .

edit on 15-12-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

eta found this .

edit on 15-12-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Bottom line - oil is plummeting right now with now bottom in sight and we all know what that means comes next.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Bottom line - oil is plummeting right now with now bottom in sight and we all know what that means comes next.

What goes down WILL come back up.

Especially oil, and it will be even higher than ever.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hmmmm.
I see an airplane crash in Bernie's future.....
Or I would if his proposal had any chance of getting support in Congress.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ya we are now at the end of a long line of "creditors" of the banks we deposit our money in and we aren't too big to fail!
I used to dream of what I'd do if I manage to suddenly come up with a large sum of money but now I think the dream would be more like a nightmare
There is really nowhere to stash alot of cash that isn't gonna be wiped out by these greedy jerks! Savings accounts aren't safe neither is your safety deposit box. Stocks, bonds, foreign currency, gold and silver, iras, everything has been manipulated and god only knows who will stand or who will fall when it all falls apart! Land??? ya sure the property taxes will skyrocket before any budgets get cut not to mention the title to that land might be so screwed up the courts will find someone else should have it.
Food, guns, ammo, tent, sleeping bags, seeds, fertilizer, farming tools sounds more like it!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not that it will pass but good... the big banks need to be broken up.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

is it too early to do an office pool on how and when this guy passes away?

.............. by accident of course

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

is it too early to do an office pool on how and when this guy passes away?

.............. by accident of course

A terrible car accident I am thinking, single car accident where his seat belt failed and he ended up in the truck with his feet cut off and stuffed down his throat is the likely one.

Derek

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

So what do two wrongs make a right?

A guy puts forth a good idea and it should be rejected because he’s not perfect ?

Or its just dismissed because he's a “liberal” on most issues?

I don't like it when he always supports Israel, so for that I reject any other good ideas he has?

edit on 16-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Alright let me break this down in to a language even a ''liberal' can understand.

The biggest reason checking accounts with 'interest',savings,cds,money market accounts, etc ALL pay jack snip?

It's because of the Sanders,Warrens,Clinton's,Obama's.

Those financial regulations. The left loves so much?

Is the leading cause of the 'income gap'.

See millions of Americans-middle class use to park their money in those investment accounts to build wealth.

Every time the left goes after wall street they are destroying the middle class.

Hell pensions, and 401s get hit too.

But hey who cares right ?

Sanders, and that ilk are 'heros'!.

What a GD joke.

new topics

top topics

join