It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why are arguments that expound the premise that races are not equal in intelligence, banned from this site, but not arguments that expound the premise that they are equal in intelligence? Why wouldn't the notion of race just be banned entirely?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: satsanga

Because we aren't GLP.

And all races are equal.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
What is GLP? And why is it that you are allowed to bring up race at all when one side of the premise is utterlty silenced? The topic should be able to be discussed entirely, or not at all. It seems to me that ATS is curtailing free inquiry in the name of political correctness.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Because there is no discussion to be had. It would be like having a debate regarding the color of earth's sky. Its blue. Its always blue. And all races are equal. There is no room for debate, see?
edit on Cpm5Friday5420144031Fri, 12 Dec 2014 17:54:40 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eris deliver me from autocorrect

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Because there is no discussion to be had. It would be like having a debate regarding the color of earth's sky. Its blue. Its always blue. And all races are equal. There is no room for debate, see?

Its black here.

CHECKMATE.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Good one.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'm sure there are sites far more suited to discussing race superiority than ATS.
There really is no debate - all races are equal.
They may not all be the same but they are all equal.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
race is. we all ARE. i consider all races as
equally imperfect.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Hey I actually agree with you.
This topic should not be discussed at all.
Racial theory was scientifically dismissed over half a century ago.
Curiously, nowadays most people have forgotten that the original definition of "racism" had nothing to do with discriminating against other "races", it used to be used to define those who uphold the belief that different "races" exist within the human species (hint : they don't, we are one "race", DNA doesn't lie, deal with it).
On the plus side, feel free to comfort yourself in the knowledge that there are actually far more "racists" than you thought on ATS.
You can thank american culture for that.

Edit to add :

As demonstrated above ! Every single person who answered you before me is technically a racist. All seem to espouse the concept of race.

edit on 12-12-2014 by Ismail because: he thought of something else to say

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ismail

Don't jump to conclusions. I use the term "race" colloquially. I am, and have been for some time, of a mind that the only race is the human race. Everything else is just skin pigment and environmental adaptation.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. Not trying to be argumentative here, but don't you feel that the rampant colloquial use of such a word may be contributing to the comeback of racial theory ? Do you really think that average Joe makes a distinction between concept and fact ?
edit on 12-12-2014 by Ismail because: he didn't have his manners on

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Because, sadly, we do not live in a post-racial society... As so many are eager to shove down our throats. Inequalities still exist regarding not just race, but sexual orientation, gender, class... and just about every other characteristic one can imagine.

If we were to stifle intelligent conversation on these subjects we would be culpable and guilty of allowing stereotypes and misconceptions to thrive. So we choose to allow the discussion in hopes that eyes will be opened and minds will grow a bit.

We like to bring issues into the light for discussion, rather than shoving them back into the darkness to fester.

Having said that, should you come across posts that are grossly racist or hate-filled, please alert them. Staff will then review the post to see if it is within the realm of decorum and polite conversation or not.

I hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
In simple terms, it's getting old to be even used as an excuse. You do the crime, sorry it falls back on you. It is no ones fault but your own, and your parents.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

We're discussing race in general. All races.

Your post seems a bit specific and kind of illustrates why the need for discussion still exists.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Guten Morgen- Actually it is only 'blue' when light is provided. When there is no light it is 'black' if One were a Bard it would be: 'azure w/illumination and Ebon sans'. These are just names given to these items/things that were assigned by those who came before Us, it is no more 'blue' than it is Thursday, another descriptor and "descriptors" are things that assist in "dividing the division" and although We are 'media' We are the "lame stream" and NOT the "Mainstream" it is their job to divide the masses in order to make it easier to control. This is done out of FEAR.

We ain't 'skeered'...

It ain't a "race" and if it were, it would be a Marathon and not a Sprint...

namaste

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: Diabolical

We're discussing race in general. All races.

I dont really like those damn Anukai, always taking our jobs and not respecting or values.

/end sarcasm

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
By our responses.. .isn't it odd the only one playing the race card.. .is the OP him/herself?
The OP has some unresolved issues about this that we don't.. .

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Strange for a conspiracy site to be so full of self deluding people. Why no stars available? OP deserves a hundred.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Gotta put in my 2 cents:

All men (womankind too) are created equal. They do not stay that way. After birth there will be some that will rule kingdoms and other will be cleaning toilets. Some will be great teachers or musicians and maybe become the next Einstein. Still others will be illiterate, poor, and criminals with an craving for social depravity. Some will be healers and others will be Hitlers.

As with animals where each breed of dog for instance has certain traits dominant in the breed, so too do humans. This in no way diminishes the human. Traits are unique to each group or race. Some would argue that blacks make for excellent athletes due to their ability and agility under physical stress. Yet they don't make good fishermen in Eskimo country. This does not incriminate one above the other.

As for intelligence, all humans have exactly the same potential, as they do in social structure and ability to achieve.
The true fact is that the reason some ethnic groups remain behind in education is because TPTB like to have an underclass to use and abuse. It used to just be blacks and maybe some other minorities, but now it also includes poor whites.

Life is a race and we run it to win. Be the best you yourself can be. But don't disregard your race, color, or ethnic roots for it is what makes who you are today. Countless generations of struggle in order to achieve the best in life. We owe them that much.

Now for the bad part:

Race hate is what is bad. If anyone thinks they are better because they are black or white or whatever, they are deceiving themselves. At some time someone else is going to come along thinking the same thing about them. We, as humans need to embrace our uniqueness and live together as the people we are.

So I don't hide the fact that I see a black person or a Latino or Asian. That is what they are. I accept everyone alike and appreciate them for who they are. And if they are not insecure about themselves, so do they. I am sure they notice that I'm a white person.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Because we aren't GLP.

A sad reality.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join