It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disembodied Sighing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ok, I thought I would share this. I consider myself a skeptic, but I have no explanation for this thing that happened. There isn't a lot to say, but I love telling people about it when they visit my home, since it is a little freaky.

It happened about 5 years ago. It was April or May, bright bright sunny spring day around 12pm. I was lying across the bottom of the bed, talking to my wife who was lying across the top of the bed. My back was to the corner of the room. We were just sort of talking about what we were going to do for the day, just a normal conversation. Not fighting, nothing emotional. The windows were closed. The corner which I am facing away from is away from the windows.

So, I'm talking. I forget about what... like what we were going to do that day. As I'm speaking, I hear something like a sigh, or someone taking a deep breath in the corner behind me. Not a sound on the edge of my perceptions, it was as clear as day. I keep talking...I didn't just hear that. My wife stops me and asks if I heard that. We stop and listen for a few minutes. It's perfectly quiet. We live on a street where cars go by about once a minute during the day. That wasn't it. Our daughter was a toddler at the time. Wasn't her, she was downstairs watching TV. We had one pet at the time, a cat. Wasn't him, he wasn't in the room, plus the sigh/breath sounded human.

To me, the sigh sounded like a woman taking a deep breath...in...and....out. Voiceless, however. Like someone sleeping.

I don't know what to think. We haven't heard anything since. As a skeptical person, I generally assumed most ghost sightings happen at night, when our senses honed by evolution are on high alert. But, this happened during the day, a beautiful sunny day, in a well-lit room.

I did see a "ghost" once in the same room, but I attribute that to a sleep paralysis event, but Ill save the bulk of that story for another thread/forum.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
you know what you've heard and experienced was real. i've had similar experiences so i certainly believe you. i was in an empty house with my girlfriend and we had the TV etc off because at the time we were messing around with a ouija board. i remember asking a question to the board and as i was finishing the question, almost immediately we heard this deep growling sound coming from the corner of her room. it was so distinct and loud it blew my mind. i've been a dog owner all my life and i've never heard any animal make a noise like that. so guttural and deep.

anyway my girlfriend won't even talk about the incident because it just freaks her out too much to even address that her house my have some activity in it. we've ignored it completely, stopped using the ouija board and havent had any further incidents.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

I've also heard a disembodied voice, about a year ago I was living in a home that was truly haunted. Among the things that occurred, one day I was walking upstairs from the basement and heard clear as day a very loud sigh below me (under the stairs). Needless to say I took off up the stairs rather quickly when I heard it.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I believe you. I'm sure you've never heard this sound before, ruling out the house settling, etc.

Could have been a spirit watching you and her talk, felt emotional and let out a sigh out of frustration, that happened to cross the "veil" and be heard by you.

Could be something else, but doesn't sound malevolent. Please share the ghost story about the apparition you saw in that room, I'm sure that's connected.

top topics

join