It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been battered at work this week three times all for seven quid an hour.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oh post some funny monkeys to cheer me up

Stay strong out there....we're rooting for you.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hang in there dude, not much else I can say but as requested heres a few funny Monkeys

And just for balance or those who may not be lovin the monkeys heres some cats

Life is good dude, keep up the great work

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah there's nothing like it for power when an Autistic adult throws the flip-switch. I once worked with a guy (residential) who was a couple of pounds short of 20 stones. He'd start biting his arms and punching walls before ducking his head and going Hulk on staff. Oh he could bite! Headbutts and bites.

He could go for hour after hour in holds with a few 5 minute power-naps. There'd be fans brought in to reduce over-heating and the muscle cramps were off the scale. Throughout these crazy scenes, he'd be reciting a stream of sound-bites from kid's TV and old movies.

There's no denying it's important work and shows that people matter. Your job is way-past hard and I salute you

A downside is that too many care staff hit a wall and have to delete their compassion to cope with the clients and asshole bosses. By the time they're mid-40s, it's like their souls have been screwed up into a ball and stuffed down into the dark recesses of their past.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Dude you better go get your weiner checked. I've taken kidney shots so hard that I pissed blood for a couple of days but I've never had one make my weiner turn colors.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I find it disgusting that people do not see this kid is hurting you and everyone else because he LIKES TOO.

Man, the hardest thing about working in the care industry is putting up with the fact they are NOT INTERESTED in helping these people, finding cures, or actually trying to understand what is going on.

I frequently find myself working in places like this, and am around them, and they will continue to bash you cause it fun, period.

Until you scare the living freaking hell out of them, in a good way, and I know most people have no idea what I am talking about.

Anyways, no one should put up with behavior like this, does not matter WHAT kind of damage anyone has, the politically correct crowd, needs to find something else to do.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sometimes we put ourselves through some of the most awful experiences, all for the betterment of others.

My hat is off to you for being a care giver, and taking the abuse and keeping going.
I know it is hard. I have been bitten, scratched, punched, spit on, shoved, chairs flying above my head and eventually, I had to find new employment because I could not handle it anymore.
However, I made a difference until that point, and I am sure, so are you.
As to your request for something monkey funny......

s&f

You are one of a kind, and kind, and the world needs people like you.

Peace!

edit on 12-12-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Stay strong BM

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Life is just to short to be absorbing physical abuse, no matter the source.

You can be of service somewhere else without this BS.

Someone has to look after people like the man OP cares for. That's our altruistic humanity for you.

OP

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

I find it disgusting that people do not see this kid is hurting you and everyone else because he LIKES TOO.

Man, the hardest thing about working in the care industry is putting up with the fact they are NOT INTERESTED in helping these people, finding cures, or actually trying to understand what is going on.

I frequently find myself working in places like this, and am around them, and they will continue to bash you cause it fun, period.

Until you scare the living freaking hell out of them, in a good way, and I know most people have no idea what I am talking about.

Anyways, no one should put up with behavior like this, does not matter WHAT kind of damage anyone has, the politically correct crowd, needs to find something else to do.

What i find disgusting is your ignorance of autism yet you say you frequently work in care. I don't think you should ever work in care again with that attitude or at least around people with autism like the man OP is caring for. Anyone who actually understands profound autism will know what i mean.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Seriously, if he understands enough to say 'sorry', and says there is no need for a safe hold, then it sounds like he might respond to some behavior restructuring......

Or, if you've learned any of the things that trigger him, restraints might be in order in advance of those.

Anyway, sorry you got hurt. Blood in one's urine is no laughing matter. His health is no doubt important, but so is yours.

Personally, first sign of a violent episode, I'd just run.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Hey BM I have also worked with challenging behaviour in LD and autism. I have been lucky to receive extensive autism training and to study qualifications specific to autism all paid for by my employer. It helped hugely in my job i hope you are lucky enough to have an employer who does the same. A strong team also helps :-)

Challenging behaviours are present in many areas, police have to deal with it, paramedics, nurses, even bar staff. You have the toughest role but the positives gained for you and the man you care for outweigh this. Thats why we sign up for it at 7 quid an hour. I believe you are helping this man but keep yourself safe

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hello OP

My daughter is severely autistic and I totally understand how you feel....being kicked, punched and slapped daily gets really frustrating, it's worth it for those moments where they let you into their world however briefly....hang in there if it wasn't for people like you these vulnerable people would quite likely come to harm.....my hat is off!

Sirpatrix

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Boymonkey I do the same job, have done for 20 years. So just listen up, your employers have a duty to protect you. I know you said you can sound the alarm to get help but have you heard of TEAMTEACH? It's a quick course on how to safely handle violent outbursts and how to keep yourself safe. Look it up on the internet and tell your boss you want the training as it his duty to provide it for you. Your employer will be in big trouble if you get seriously hurt. I spent many years saying IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT and putting up with severe injuries.But now I can safely put them in a hold or divert a hit or a punch because I have been expertly trained. And guess what, when they have been in crisis and I have put them in a secure hold, it has calmed them down quicker as I'm taking control of their emotions and outbursts. Your duty is to yourself first and you need to keep working until you retire not suffer injury or stress that can limit your working life. If they wont pay for the course, research on the internet on how you can be supported in this. Big hugs

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hello my fellow support worker. I have years of experience working with service users in care and have been in the same position as you are in many times. The advice I would like to give you is to leave the job you are in and find an agency like Randstad care. If you have problems in one job you can quickly move to another. The pay for the long hours that you do is amazing. You have half the responsibility of normal staff. Most of the time i find I am sat around doing nothing and being paid to do that.

The holiday pay is also good!

Respect to you.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would suggest to buy a punching bag.. Tell him that's your twin brother and when he goes bezerk again to hit your twin brother the punching bag.. and draw this smiley on the bag maybe he can laugh about it...

It's not only the seven quid you're working for but something in you has heart to help the ones that can't put words to feelings..Maybe funny creative solutions can distract the anger in people like him...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If someone is being repeatedly physically abusive, chances are they aren't doing it for kicks but because of inner turmoil.

Find out what's eating this geezer...as much for his welfare as yours.

I hate to hear things like this, it's so easy for mentally ill patients to be abused (I'm thinking more along the lines of neglect, but it's still abuse).

Is he in pain? Maybe he has toothache?

Ask the nurses about medication, etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sorry, being a Yank I don't know what a quid is worth but apparently you aren't being paid enough to be someones punching bag for no amount of money!
I think you should have a heart to heart talk with your boss and explain that you aren't paid to get beat up! Here in the States we have places that we can go and complain about fair treatment from our work places, perhaps the UK has something as well?
I have to hand it to you, there are far too many caregivers that are NOT like you and the violence against the special needs people are horrible. I would think if your boss had half a brain he would realize your importance and what he would do if you were to walk!
God bless you bud, and I pray that the world could have more people like you!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join