It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a hand debunking please (regarding Polaris)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Ask him to locate Polaris from Australia or NZ (or Argentina, or Chile if he prefers South America). Or, to simplify matters, ask him to find the Southern Cross from the Northern Hemisphere.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Thanks for explaining that in further detail! of coarse this makes sense..a synchronicity of sorts no? He slammed Newton as it happens lol.

Kind of. The laws of newton are backed up with math. There is no debating them. They are ALWAYS true.

He also refers to "hegalian dialectic" being used by NASA and incorporated this into support His views,i must say, perhaps this term IS true of NASA? but most likely referring to their suppression of 'artifacts' and such shall we say, that are apparent on many planets/moons and indeed so called ETs?

This? Tell him to stop mixing government philosophy with science.

He also claims that it is possible to see beyond the seeming horizon with a telescope..and what He says is the actual horizon is only as far as the eye can see and He claims the figures do not correlate with that of a 'globe Earth' and refers to it as more of a plane/plain? funny there was actually an ex-sailor that disputed this in the comment section,but this may have got 'conveniently' overlooked by Him.

This is completely idiotic. We can see stars hundreds of thousands of light years away with the naked eye every night. There is no way our line of sight would be unable to see the edge of the world if the world was flat.

Ask him if he has ever seen the moon at night before. The moon is further away than the diameter of the earth. If we can see the moon, we would be able to see to the edge of the earth.

It really is mystifying why He is vehemently pursuing this notion of a 'flat Earth' and with what yourself,the other members and I have brought forward,only confirms the 'globe Earth' more so.

Thanks again for adding some clarity!

No prob. Glad to help.

edit on 11-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Never in a million years would I have thought flat earthers still exist. Really? That's wild

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Good stuff! Thanks for the smile on my face

Yup. Earth is flat. EVERY single celestial body we see in space is a sphere but Earth? Pizza-ville

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well I think we render it spherical, but its all just waves, we're like ghosts in the machine.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Flat-Earthers always have a reason to explain away any contradictions to their belief system - "it's an optical illusion!"

So if the stars aren't visible at a particular position on the Earth - it's an optical illusion!

Yes exactly!..this is what He is alluding to i presume?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
*Update*

Hi Guys..

Well i have just received a reply regarding the Piri Ries map,i am far from satisfied with the answer,it in no way explains how this mapping in all its' accuracy managed to detail Antarctica 'ice free' at that point in history and like i said this wasn't achieved until the 50s? with modern technology.

He throws in some truth-with false reasoning and again evades the crux of the question, a common tactic for dis-informing as you know.He always takes it back to the Masons,which as those who have researched the bigger picture know,is not the peak of hierarchical control,just an arm.

Here is the response:

"Hey Johnny, Piri Reis was a Knights Templar (fore-runner to modern Masonry) and had their new ball-Earth Antarctica added in later over the original. The map surfaced right around the same time that Copernicus and his Mason buddies were starting the whole deception.

"Aside from Freemasonry, other, obviously more esoteric schools sprang up over time, such as that of the Knights Templar ... Many escaped with much of their wealth and secrets and went on to form other secret societies. One of these was the Knights of Christ. Christopher Columbus was alleged to have married the daughter of a Knight of Christ from whose father he had access to certain charts. This is very likely where the Piri Reis map originated from." -Anthony Forwood, "They Would Be Gods"

"Piri Reis, a Templar copied the maps of Columbus that came from the Templars. They (Templars) had been banned from France by Phillip the Fair in 1305." -Truthasaur, "Falconry Lives in Scotland"

"The original maps of Piri Reis were completely lacking they didn't indicate new lands at all. His maps were modified by other cartographers. It is as if I sketched with some few lines a face and then others came and completed the eyes, the nose, mouth and ears." -Jorge Raul Olguin

There are hundreds of proofs that Earth is not a globe, but a flat plane, and these are much more convincing to me than undigested food in mammoth stomachs. Here's 100 Proofs the Earth is Not a Globe. My book contains many more as well. Peace
"

Here is the comment section:

www.blogger.com...

www.blogger.com...

There are some more intriguing points i want to highlight as well,just need to arrange the images.

EDIT-I have now put forward the question about Australia and Polaris..let's wait and see..
edit on 12-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Isn't this just the holographic principle?

Oh, and OP?, what personal proof do you speak of?

Yes i believe this is a form of a holographic principle,but not the correct one quite probably.I know physicists fairly recently declared the universe to quite probably be a hologram.There certainly is something in this from what i have learned, but what the author talks of may well be to detract from the real area of interest..kind of along the lines of David Icke and the "Moon Matrix" concept, with Saturn being the source of transmission...i know i probably sound as crazy as the author now lol..but there is certainly something in this and the Sun also has more secrets to offer i contend.

As for personal proof?..i think i was alluding to them XPs giving Me the scope to believe that there really is more than meets the eye to so called reality and the surroundings we live in.

These XPs range from telepathy,to name one and also the small matter of being followed by UFOs for (knowingly) 12 or so years, even abroad,but in retrospect this could have been possibly all my life;i have seen them break the known laws of physics and change shape many times as well.

I know i have brought this up before (here) and i have heard someone say "wheres the pics" well i will strive to get some! the thing is these objects creep up on Me and it is quite a profound XP,so at that moment in time, i am stuck between enjoying the XP or running for a camera which is usually not at hand hidden somewhere,therefore by doing so would potentially miss out on the XP.So in summary these kind of profound XPs cement for Me that all is not what it seems!

Even still this does not propell Me to accept a 'flat earth'
edit on 12-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Coming back to the 'flat Earth' concept i would like to call upon your valued opinions once more if i may Guys..i will make that post in a few hours..thanks!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If you could sit in a position in space directly above the north pole, you would notice that the north pole itself remains stationary relative to yourself as time passes. However, the rest of the northern hemisphere would be rotating around it in circles. It is exactly the same in the night sky. Polaris is effectively the "north pole in the sky", and this remains essentially stationary as the hours pass, and all of the other stars move in circles around it.
edit on 12-12-2014 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

In short, the fact that the stars move around Polaris as the Earth spins on its axis supports the idea that Earth is a "ball".
edit on 12-12-2014 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I've found that a very simple way to posit that the earth is in fact, round, is to point to the multitude of rocket launches that have put satellites in orbit. A vast majority of rocket, upon leaving the pad, begin moving in an easterly direction. This is the most logical direction as this type launch utilizes the angular momentum of the spinning earth to add to the final orbital velocity of the satellite, thereby saving fuel.

Thanks for the input there..i wasn't aware of that? now i am

The author also brings up 'points' about aviation travel..i'll have a wee look later and may well need to lend an opinion on that if possible..thanks!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Ask him to locate Polaris from Australia or NZ (or Argentina, or Chile if he prefers South America). Or, to simplify matters, ask him to find the Southern Cross from the Northern Hemisphere.

Yes, again a very reasonable explanation and question to posit..i have just put that across to the author,so i expect a very 'interesting' answer! I'll let you know of coarse!Cheers.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Ask him if this flat earth rests on the back of four elephants who are themselves perched on the shell of a cosmic turtle swimming through the interstellar sea.
edit on 12-12-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Ask him if this flat earth rests on the back of four elephants who are themselves perched on the shell of cosmic turtle swimming through the interstellar sea.

Indeed, it is the year of the fruit bat after all!!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

RE Piri Reis, there is a heap of info, diagrams and analysis on the web that pretty conclusively shows that Antarctica does not match what was illustrated, and that the eastward extension from South America matches the coast further south in SA. I'd post links but i'm having internet weirdness.

a search on "Piri Reis debunk" should bring up lots of worthwhile reading on the subject.

ETA: try this link, well worth a read
Link 1
edit on 12-12-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Cool, that sounds like a dream i've had..

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Thanks for the input there,much appreciated!..i must say to Me the link is not conclusive, as pole shift is not taken into account in 'true' history and not to mention the plate movements that re-sculpt the lands to a certain degree,so any minor indiscretions are to be expected..that may still be inconclusive to some, but there are many maps that point to this,a Chinese one being an example forget the name?

That subject is certainly thread worthy..but i suppose i'll have to keep this fairly on topic as it has strayed a wee bit..

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Ask him if this flat earth rests on the back of four elephants who are themselves perched on the shell of a cosmic turtle swimming through the interstellar sea.

The turtle isn't swimming -- it's standing on the back of another turtle.

In fact, it's turtles all the way down.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Ask him if this flat earth rests on the back of four elephants who are themselves perched on the shell of cosmic turtle swimming through the interstellar sea.

Indeed, it is the year of the fruit bat after all!!!!!

No that was last year? it's the year of the crazy frog actually..warning cringeworthy content

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I just thought i would add this in relation to your excellent points about rockets..do you have any scope on this Scientific Railgun?..i thought it would be good to provoke some discussion..thanks!

“If flying had been invented at the time of Copernicus, there is no doubt that he would have soon realized that his contention regarding the rotation of the earth was wrong, on account of the relation existing between the speed of an aircraft and that of the earth’s rotation. The distance covered by an aircraft would be reduced or increased by the speed of the rotation according to whether such aircraft travelled in the same direction, or against it. Thus, if the earth rotates, as it is said, at 1,000 miles an hour, and a plane flies in the same direction at only 500 miles, it is obvious that its place of destination will be farther removed every minute. On the other hand, if flying took place in the direction opposite to that of the rotation, a distance of 1,500 miles would be covered in one hour, instead of 500, since the speed of the rotation is to be added to that of the plane. It could also be pointed out that such a flying speed of 1,000 miles an hour, which is supposed to be that of the earth’s rotation, has recently been achieved, so that an aircraft flying at this rate in the same direction as that of the rotation could not cover any ground at all. It would remain suspended in mid-air over the spot from which it took off, since both speeds are equal. There would, in addition, be no need to fly from one place to another situated on the same latitude. The aircraft could just rise and wait for the desired country to arrive in the ordinary course of the rotation, and then land.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join