It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits it is Father Christmas not Santa in the UK!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Why is everyone calling Father Christmas Santa?.
For years everyone called him Father Christmas and now loads of people have forgoten that and call him the American version Santa....grrrrrr.

en.wikipedia.org...

So do what I tell kids when they ask about Santa tell them he will not visit unless you call him his real name.

FATHER CHRISTMAS!!!!

Silly rant I know but I like to keep British traditions alive....I mean I saw an add for makeup called Color....it's COLOUR!!!!.

edit on 10-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm a Yooper Finn. Santa is easier to spell.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thats fine you are from the States you call Father Christmas Santa all you want here it is FATHER CHRISTMAS!!!!.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Indeed, he is Father Christmas.
As an Englishman I have to say that even the French know this...

Pere Noel
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EnochRoot

Yeah most of Europe call him Father Christmas translated of course.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Damn right.

I hate it when I hear kids and ESPECIALLY adults say "Santa" (just realised it's an anagram of Satan - I'm slow sometimes).

That irritant (female) on BBC1 One Show just said "Santa hat". I don't make a habit of watching TV let alone that turgid nonsense.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Im from America and I here people call him Santa,Father Chrismas,Chris Kringle,Saint Nick, Saint Nicholas, Santa Claus the point is its all the same the problem I have is not what we call him its that alot of people do everything they can to try to destroy christmas making people call it happy holiday trying to kill the holiday its self instead thats what the rant should be not what santa or father chistmas is called imo

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well he might be your "Father" but he ain't mine. I know he gets around a bit, hehe!

I grew up in the UK and they told me he was Santa. Damn, an anagram of Satan, not so good. Whattt?

I think being called Father Christmas is a better idea in this age if he wants to avoid conspiracy theorists noticing the suspicious anagram.

And I'm going to stop now because I am speaking total nonsense about someone who doesn't even exist. Sorry little children if you are reading this. Honesty is sometimes brutal in form.

Ding dong merrily on high!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pez1975
Im from America and I here people call him Santa,Father Chrismas,Chris Kringle,Saint Nick, Saint Nicholas, Santa Claus t...

NO to both of these please

x

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
He will always be Father Christmas in my eyes and I hope he delivers the PS4 I have requested. If not, I swear I will track him down and give him some CIA specials.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Does it honestly matter? I mean, no one is getting physically hurt by calling Father Christmas Santa.
Who cares what you call an imaginary being? Just be happy with your family and call it what you want to call it, and take it with a grain of salt when people call it something different.

I mean, it's for the kids anyway, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

so now you are deduced to argueing with the merkins over what your imaginary friends real name is ?

stop the planet - i want to get off

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hmmm...

That's not what The Doctor calls him...

www.imdb.com...

However, to be fair, he's Scottish now, so...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Isn't he red due to the Coca-Cola company?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

so now you are deduced to argueing with the merkins over what your imaginary friends real name is ?

stop the planet - i want to get off

There are half a dozen active threads over in Conspiracy in Religion about the real names of THOSE imaginary friends.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

No it is about keeping our traditions.
I hate how everything is turning into american.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Actually the Americans had it copied wrong again....

Originally the name comes from the Dutch "Sinterklaas"

That is a different person and fest we celebrate on 5 december.

The name merged into Santa Claus... and of course they shifted the date as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Slowly we are taking over mate. First, Santa then we introduce "Black Friday" to you. Didn't that happen this year? I didn't have anything to do with it though. For the record, I got into all kinds of trouble when I was at Uni becasue I spelled it colour in English class. I literally had to argue the point with my prof. I actually won that argument too. Then again, I used the OED as the basis for my spelling?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hoagy1199

I know black friday.......
Disgusting act of capitalism that is.
I just don't want our culture to be taken over just like the USA culture wouldn't like to be taken over by ours.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

He's Santa in Canada as well, must be a North American thing..

However, I refuse to let the US spelling in. I'm constantly arguing with my spellchecker about colour, honour, neighbour, etc

I heard somewhere that Father Christmas is strict, Santa - not as much

And the anagram of Satan, maybe instead of milk and cookies set out for him, we should set out beer and brownies

Let's keep him happy happy....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join