It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling ATS Anime fans: What's your favorite anime/manga? Share them here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I like "The Devil is a Part Timer", and enjoyed "Deadman Wonderland" a lot.

Attack on Titan is another that is pretty good.

Not true Anime per say but there is a movie that tells the story of Halo (the video game). Like the Animatrix, or that Batman one, and Dante's Inferno, it is a series of shorts done by different Directors. What gets me with an Anime is a believable world and cohesive reasoning. It has to be smart and make me think and this was one of those, along with beautifully animated. I can't recall the title, but yeah, that one too.

How could i forget "Outlaw Star"... My oldest child is 14 and i have sang the end credit song to that show to her and her brothers as a lullaby, since she was born.

"I don't know.... What words I can Say... The Wind has a way... to talk to me... flowers sing... a silent lullaby... i pray for reply... I'm ready"

I hope they sing it to their children, and them to theirs. Funny, I'm 40 talking about something from a cartoon passing through generations.
edit on 9-12-2014 by wastedown because: add Outlaw Star to my list

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia
I feel like I'm getting old but Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Fist of the Northstar were and always will be my favorite....(incidently also the only manga I really watched and they were still pretty new when I watched them...1990's somewhere)

I remember a distinct music style that I was listning to at the time...can't remember the name....no wait I remember it was "Bonzai" I believe. That and a lot of Wipeout on the playstation.....oh boy.

Sorry for going off-tpoic down memory lane...

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Attack on titan!!!
So good

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Berzerk was the biggest letdown I have ever seen. It was awesome till about 2 episodes left then it just when really far into the WTF territory and ruined the entire show. It was sad.

OP: I'm like 20 episodes into Fairy Tale and so far it's not too bad. A lot of repetition in "power up" scenes but I think my kids would enjoy it.

One of my favorites it "Claymore". I wish they would continue it.
Bleach was really good and my whole family watched it weekly for like 7 years.
.Hack had a cool thing going.
Trigun was really good too.
I watched Inuyasha for a bit but I found that it became boring.

We actually watch English subbed version because it increases reading speed and comprehension (hehe) for my kids and I can keep my Japanese fresh. My girlfriend hates it though (a bit of lisdexia). She just started watching the English dub of Bleach with her boy and they are loving it even more.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Death note is by far one the best anime series I've ever watched
I highly reccomend it

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer & everyone

I love miyazaki. Seen them all. Except Porco Roso, I believe.

And omg i can't believe I forgot to include Code Geass lol Lelouche vi Britannia is one B.A. mf ^_^ haha awesome lists guys

and yeah AoT is amazing. I hope the second season comes out soon.

I was a bit disappointed on how Death Note ended. It seemed a bit anticlimactic for me. I haven't watched the redone version that I've heard about though. L was my favorite

I can't wait to check a lot of these out. They sound awesome.

Oh, one more I forgot to include that I absolutely loved (up until the last episode
) :HunterxHunter.

xxxHOLIC is another one that everyone should see. It's really quite good. It's another 2 season one and while not action-packed it really explores some great concepts and has an eerie vibe that I enjoyed.
edit on 9-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

And yeah I usually only do subbed--FMA brotherhood was ok in english but it held no candle to the awesomeness of it in japanese.

xxxHolic (first season on netflix) is another one that I prefer dubbed. The second season is only sub though--it's still good but I like how the english version did it for some reason.

And yeah, subbed has actually helped me learn some japanese. I have actually had dreams where i'm speaking japanese and spanish mixed or something and am really stoked that I know so much japanese. But then I wake up haha
edit on 9-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

L is easily my favorite anime character of all time. In fact I have an L avatar, lol, my second favorite is Vash the Stampede.

I highly recommend Trigun, btw. Seems like you'd dig it.

*walks off saying, "I am such a nerd..."*

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
One Piece, the best manga ever. This is a fun and adventurous story that's fleshed out. The characters are unforgettable and the scope of the universe is well done. It's the most successful manga ever in Japan; little kids to old people alike wait in line to read the chapters when they come out. Think about that for a second.

Berserk, also the best manga ever. This one is dark, but man is this story amazing. I highly recommend this one to anyone. You won't regret reading this.

Haha

I've seen and/or read a few others, but nothing honestly compares to those two. Their quality is unparalleled.

Code Geass and Death Note are great, Ghost in a Shell is also awesome.

Akira is a trip, I definitely recommend watching the movie, it's on YouTube. The soundtrack is amazing and the animation set bar for the industry back in 1988.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For me its Fairy tale , Bleach , Naruto, Vandread and Sword art online plus many more

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

L is easily my favorite anime character of all time.

The original L, or his successor?
I have to say my favorite anime character is, and always will be, Light, aka Kira

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The original Robotech series.

It was the only one I ever really got into.
Cowboy Bebop was pretty good as well.

edit on 16-12-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
here's another good one--I know it looks totally girly, but looks are deceiving because even my fiance (who's a real guy's guy) enjoyed it a lot:

>>> EPISODE #1 (sub)

Mainly because it's a very clever story that feels different and refreshing but somehow nostalgic.
edit on 25-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

oh! and does anyone know of any good scary anime? I liked Another and Dusk Maiden. The scarier the better ^_^

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I just finished catching up on Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

Probably some of the best Anime I've seen. Minus all the filler and flashbacks.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

For scary try 100 stories .. quite good though not sure if can find it these days ..

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by alex30229 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join