It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please make it stop.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I never log out and I always get those ad's. The ford truck is the one that always blocks me......so if I'm always logged in and this happens, how do you stop it? ....I uses to read about others on hers complaining about them, and thought " I never get those." ....now I get them ALL the time .even logged In....

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

ATS cant fix something for part of us and not everyone....and yet everyone doesn't have any of this. I never had. I also stay logged in (or at least tell my comptr to remember my p.word).

You need to figure out your own settings, preferences, firewall, anti-virus, lan-or broadband connects, proxy servers, what operating system you use, security settings, browsers used (ie: I. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox etc)... and your privacy settings.

Its not ATS. Its you.....and some, one or in combination with all of the above. Good luck MS

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
To all those suggesting not to log out,

some of us paranoid nuts feel as though if we stay connected to certain servers we leave a back door open on our computers even though this paranoid nut knows it matters not if you are logged in or not, someone is always watching and listening.

If I lived my life in that high a state of paranoia, a pop-up ad would be the least of my concerns.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I never log out and I always get those ad's.

Pop-up ads when logged'in? I never saw one of those.

If there's a particularly annoying ad you can add it to the Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist) thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I never log out either, and my pop up blocker comes up a few times a day.
That said, I do see the ads at the side bar, and have even clicked on a couple that were relevant.

Also the pop up blocker is part of either my phone or the service (not sure which), therefore it's not an ad blocker - only pop up ads.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

To all those suggesting not to log out,

some of us paranoid nuts feel as though if we stay connected to certain servers we leave a back door open on our computers even though this paranoid nut knows it matters not if you are logged in or not, someone is always watching and listening.

If I lived my life in that high a state of paranoia, a pop-up ad would be the least of my concerns.

exactly I have bigger fish to fry or worry about as you say, hence why I thought OP being insulted by it is a bit over the top.

Posting this from under my desk in a cardboard box wrapped in tin foil with a tinfoil hat just in case

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

They've already got everything on us all. I have so many ridiculous apps on my phone wanting access to everything i think, do, or say.
There's no escape. .....unless you go off grid, but then we wouldn't have all this info at our fingertips

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: ArMaP

I never log out either, and my pop up blocker comes up a few times a day.

That's strange, I don't remember seeing that happen.

It may be a side-effect of the targeted advertising, many of the ads people complain about are things I never see.

Also the pop up blocker is part of either my phone or the service (not sure which), therefore it's not an ad blocker - only pop up ads.

Most modern browsers have an automatic pop-up blocker.

(post by drneville removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Could a separate login page that we could bookmark be added. I'm suggesting a page that only has login fields so that free content isn't being provided without advertising. It would give members a chance to log in without being bombarded. No one loses because in order to see content you would have to enter the site and it would be business as usual.

(post by Huggiesunrise removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I never log out and I always get those ad's. The ford truck is the one that always blocks me......so if I'm always logged in and this happens, how do you stop it? ....I uses to read about others on hers complaining about them, and thought " I never get those." ....now I get them ALL the time .even logged In....

I just refresh and the ford one goes away. Maybe that might help?
edit on 8-12-2014 by Cambot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

... one click of a mouse and its gone ...

That "click of a mouse" could initiate download of malware ...

" ... A clickjack takes the form of embedded code or a script that can execute without the user's knowledge, such as clicking on a button that appears to perform another function ..."
en.wikipedia.org...

[ e.g. clicking on the "X" of a pop-up window can be rigged to download malware ].

Before clicking on the "X" you could check with google's safebrowsing service that the site does not have form for that sort of thing ... google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=abovetopsecret.com[ed itby]edit on DecemberMon, 08 Dec 2014 18:34:04 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

(post by Blue Shift removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank12345

That's why reporting those type of events is important, either by posting that on the Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist) thread or by using the "complain" feature, as, from what I understand of it, the ads are not directly controlled by ATS, we need to send the complain to the company(ies) that provide the ads (or something like that).

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
(no reason for this post to exist)
edit on 8/12/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

(post by ManBehindTheMask removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

They've already got everything on us all. I have so many ridiculous apps on my phone wanting access to everything i think, do, or say.
There's no escape. .....unless you go off grid, but then we wouldn't have all this info at our fingertips

So true,

I try my hardest to keep my tech status at a minimum,

No phone, smart or mobile or cell depending on what term suits.

However I use ATS, have a facebook account that I rarely use just to stay in contact with family without having to pay overseas call costs which can add up.

But Like I said I am that paranoid that paranoid that I am sure I cant hide anything other than my thoughts which even.... Nah I wont go there.

I mean I love the internet and what being online can give us but it takes so much more if one doesn't realize how manipulative things can get online.

Just look at this thread,

how many posts have been removed, for what?

Why would anyone post something in this thread that I think should be more of a joke thread with a humorous approach instead of OP getting insulted by an add which i think they were serious and then on page 2 all these removed posts, that scares me a little, I know i am insane at times more often that I would like admit but sometimes I really question where people are at in the moment when they post what they do, they have been manipulated into anger by a random internet post, I know its happened to me on numerous occasions and have been made to suffer the consequences of posting when in angered and not in the right mind state due to what I read.

It frustrates me as well but no where near to the point to complain, be insulted and make a thread about it, hey I hardly ever make threads anyway so that last point was quite moot from my behalf.

I am now rambling as this thread has my mind in a flurry seeing the removed posts.

anyway, All the best and I do hope the pop up can be removed but I guess its up to ATS owners on whats needed to keep the site going and profitable.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Posting this from under my desk in a cardboard box wrapped in tin foil with a tinfoil hat just in case

I can still see you...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join