It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karen Straughan: Angry Misogynists! Or how cracked popular perception has become.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: vasaga
I'll be leaving this here, just in case anyone still believes that feminism is some sort of benevolent movement...

check-your-privilege-feminists.tumblr.com...

We could all counter with posting misognist men's unbenevolent movements, as well.

Your reply infers you didn't actually go through the material.
edit on 10-12-2014 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I'll be leaving this here, just in case anyone still believes that feminism is some sort of benevolent movement...

check-your-privilege-feminists.tumblr.com...

We could all counter with posting misognist men's unbenevolent movements, as well.

Your reply infers you didn't actually go through the material.

You assume wrong, and your reply infers that you just don't get it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

If I don't get it, it's your job to explain it better.

Besides, you replied in less than 10 minutes, which doesn't make it an assumption, but whatever...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If I don't get it, it's your job to explain it better.

The only person that can tell me what is my job, is me.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Oh how cute.

If you're unwilling to explain your position, I'm unwilling to continue this 'conversation'. Have a good day.

I'll leave this here too..

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Um.
No I don't.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
The point still remains, she, as a citizen of the UK SUGGESTED that we should have a woman on a bank note and the misogynists went crazy. Now, i like winston churchil and i would like to see his mug on our £10 notes but i would also like to see another woman on the notes as well.

The point that remains is that there was already a woman on a bank note (Elizabeth Fry) and there have been a few since the 1970's - not to mention the fact the Queen is on every single note - it seems this feminist wasn't happy until there were more women, possibly with all bank notes with females on.

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
Us damn women, we just want it all dont we? (Please dont break out into barrage of threats in regards to how you're going to hunt me down, kill my cats and drink my tea when your done)

Huh? Why would I do that?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Um...what's wrong with women wanting more women on bank notes? It's not a problem. I don't see the problem.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Um...what's wrong with women wanting more women on bank notes? It's not a problem. I don't see the problem.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I never said there was - I am taking issue with the campaigners who acted like there never was at all. In fact, there have been women on bank notes since the 1970's (apart from the Queen)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

I have to revisit this.
How exactly did I say it was like misogyny wasn't a thing?
At what point did I even get close to saying something as ludicrous as that?

I'm sorry but this sounds like a weak strawman.

It doesn't change the fact that criticism of the ideology of feminism is not criticism of femininity.
And neither is criticism of a woman criticism of all women.
And even then, criticism does not mean dislike or hate of a person.
Which is the implication of feminists labeling anyone who disagrees or argues against the things they do and say as a misogynist.
edit on 12-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think get what's happening here. A clear definition and better understanding of feminism (as it relates to humanism and the human condition) is getting some press, and some people really don't like it because it goes against their own definition and understanding and makes them unhappy or uncomfortable so they attack the fringes or something. Sad. But predictable.
edit on 12/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Then you don't "get it" at all.
Sorry.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Then you don't "get it" at all.
Sorry.

Because you say so. Sure. Whatever. Too bad my comment wasn't directed at you or your OP. But attack away. Typical.
edit on 12/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Not attacking you.
If I was attacking you, insults would have been offered.
Feel free to report me if you truly feel attacked though.

I'm just pointing out the obvious.

The bias driven spin is painfully noticable after all.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Women on bank notes is not a problem. Women on bank notes because they are women, that IS a problem.

We're at the point where (feminist) women want certain things, just because they're women. They don't want to work for it. They don't want to put effort in achieving it. They simply think they deserve it because they were born with the 'right' genitalia. So, what they do is whine on and on and on and on, until someone becomes so annoyed and does it for them. At the same time, these feminists claim that they don't need anyone to help them and that they are extremely independent. If this contradiction doesn't raise a red flag, I don't know what will.

What they want is actually privilege. Not equality. And obviously, when they don't get what they want from someone else, after not wanting to work for it themselves, they claim that men are holding them back, because patriarchy. What they fail to realize is that anyone who has achieved something in their lives, independent of whether it's a man or a woman, is someone that has surpassed obstacles. These obstacles include (but are not limited to) people from the opposite gender, whether you're a man or a woman. The difference is that these successful people keep focusing on their goals anyway until they achieve them. They don't start playing the victim and blaming everyone else for their failures.

Feminism is simply victim playing to get what you want.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Nice editting after I responded by the way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join