It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Marchers Challenged With Fried Chicken & Watermelon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: reluctantpawn
Who the # is Shaboom Shabezz?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sorry I don't get it...
Whats up with chicken and watermellon?
I think iam missing something because I am a brit.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I am not sure if you are serious or if you are yanking my chain ( for the record I do not have a chain in case you want to give me a lesson on chains).

When a person is treated as though they are above the law they can be considered "royalty". Whether that is taking 30-40 friends to Cancun for spring break or making 20 million new citizens. Of course there is always the lingering rumor that all the Presidents were related by Royal blood. Do we have a three branch government still? Seems we have a one branch government that ignores the other two.............

What I implied was that it wasn't so much the object, but the individual that bothered people. Same as your "some word" analogy. There are some words certain groups can say and others can't, and there are other words that everyone can say even though they are using them as an ethnic slur. Such as "I hate you, you filthy Cracker" (see no filter) No offense intended there by the way.

Words carry only the weight we allow them to have. We assign them weight depending on the individuals wielding the words.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: reluctantpawn
Who the # is Shaboom Shabezz?

That's what I said! LOL! But Samir Shabazz is a central figure in the New Black Panther party, who was charged with voter intimidation in 2008 (charges were dropped) and it was all over the news. I don't know what reluctantpawn is talking about.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Sorry I don't get it...

They both originated in the slavery era.

Watermelon Racist Stereotype

Defenders of slavery used the fruit to paint African Americans as a simple-minded people who were happy when provided watermelon and a little rest.[6] The stereotype was perpetuated in minstrel shows often depicting African Americans as ignorant and workshy, given to song and dance and inordinately fond of watermelon.

Fried Chicken Racial Stereotype

In the United States, fried chicken has stereotypically been associated with African Americans. The reasons for this are various. Chicken dishes were popular among slaves before the Civil War, as chickens were generally the only animals slaves were allowed to raise on their own.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
its no wonder these tactics were unsuccessful......

WHERES THE GRAPE DRINK !!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I would have sat on the street and ate it. Why waste good food?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn
Amen to the sarcasm. I simply say I'm color blind so I can't judge on color.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

With out the media coverage this would've remained a
non event. Seems like cage rattling to me. To coin a phrase.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Sorry I don't get it...

Just keep wash'n your cat B. It'll come to ya.

edit on Rpm120614v51201400000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I feel sorry for those two guys. What would you expect given their combined IQ is probably 75.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Actually it's a representation of the black mindset-since they are pretty much the only group that is rioting and setting fires to buildings.

But don't let facts get in your way.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, lead it to water and try to make it drink.

Not sure if that was deep or gibberish.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

There is still a definite race issue in the USA because these kinds of assholes MAKE it a race issue.

Both sides are being played against each other but it's a fact that most of the people being killed by the militarized police state are black and at least the black community stick together unlike all the brown coats in the white population who will do anything for a few bits of silver.

The police are also treating us white trash like dirt on their shoes because they have been allowed to get away with murder far too often.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
Dont blame the entire caucasion race for a few hillbillies that wont let go of racisim.

And where did I do that? I'm not blaming anyone but the people who did it.

BH, you don't need to justify or explain what you said, that is exactly the way they want you to feel, they want to put YOU on the defensive...old tactic, I often fall for that crap, too

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Ah, making fun of someone's name. Classy. Would explain why google came up empty.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I guess we disagree about how you would define "large numbers". There are over 300 million people in the US. Even if only 1 in 10,000 people were that stupid, that's still a pretty large amount numerically.

I'm looking at it by percentage. The vast majority of people wouldn't do something like this.

I know that racists exist. But why are we giving them so much air time? We'd all be better off if the media didn't whip the country into a frenzy all the time when there's a single injustice (or in some cases, a perceived injustice).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join