It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd Heart burn every day @ the same time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
For about 2 weeks now every night at around 2am I get this wierd heartburn and acid reflux my whole chest and thoart burn. I took some antacids the first 2 times but didnt make anything of it. Then after the 3rd time I noticed its happening at the same time every night. It only lasts about 3-5min and then its gone. I never get it during the day I just dont know what at that time of night. Anyone have any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Kriskaos, I would assume that if this gastric reflux occurs at that time you would be asleep or at
least not standing up. This could be a factor. Do you smoke and/or drink? Also a liking of spicy food
could contribute.

Personally, i would just visit a trusted Doctor and discuss this.

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I would expect the reason the heartburn occurs at the same time each night because of your eating habbits. It is likely that you eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner at about the same time each day, so the ramifications of the meal (heartburn) would occur at the same time each day as well.

It doesn't sound all that mind boggling nor threatening. Many people expereince this, but if the heartburn is sevre and coninues on with each day, seeing a doctor could be a good idea. The purple pill may do your throat some good. They don't call it stoumach ACID for nothing, ya know.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
hmm well im not sleeping at 2am im usally doing something for work. As far as eating habits I dont eat a lot of spicy foods cause I hate heartburn. Yes I do smoke ( I know its bad) So today Im not smoking or eating anything that would give me heartburn. Also I had a gastroscopy done this summer cuz a lot of my friends had devolped ulcers and I came up negative.Lets see what happens thanks for the input.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The same happens to me but it lasts for more than a few minutes. It usually happens when I stay up longer than I should.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
All food can cause heartburn, not just the spicey food. This is aspecially true for those who have developed Acid Reflux Disease. Anything you swallow will cause your stomach acid to react, to break it down. If your stomach acid is a bit "over acitve" then an individual suffer sevre annoyance and pain after only swallowing an innocent doughnut.

new topics

top topics

join