It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Transmission, God or Mistranslation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

That puts a lot of "what ifs" into the picture, and that's never a good thing.

Why? Is it too much scary for you to go deep?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I had to get the sound from this source that I got from one of the listeners. It is not the one I have because I couldn't get the one in the windows audio file to upload.

Youtube is never the best source but my only choice at the moment.

If you have a better recording that would be nice.

edit on 2-12-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

It's not "going deep" to say a bunch of what ifs. Facts are facts. If this were a message and it was intended to be heard, we would hear it. Pareidolia aside, this is radio noise. If there were a signal hidden somewhere in the message, we would see patterns consistent with a "scrambled" message, but we do not. It's a beautiful space phenomena, and sounds awesome when the radio signal is converted to something we humans can hear, but there's nothing paranormal about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I my self do not think it is para normal. Normal radio waves. It is cryptic so only certain people could hear the message because those who have that means like NASA or any other think tank are listened too over the guy on the street.

I thought it was interesting glad some of you like the find.

I know we are not alone in the universe or outside the universal containment field.

edit on 2-12-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I totally agree, it's an amazing thing to listen to, and I also do not believe we are alone in the Universe.

I was only saying let a beautiful natural phenomena be what it is, beautiful and natural! The cosmos is so amazing. We still have so much more to learn and explore.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Here is the University of Iowa homepage for the instrument on the Cassini probe that listens to the radio signals. That instrument, developed along with the University of Iowa, is called the "Radio and Plasma Wave Science" instrument, or RPWS:

Cassini RPWS: Radio and Plasma Wave Science

There is a link on that page to this particular "sound" that was in the YouTube video, but I provided the link here:

Bizarre Features of Saturn's Radio Emissions

And again, contrary to what the guy in the YouTube video says, investigators have no reason to think it's an artificial or alien transmission -- just natural radio noise.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
file from NASA
www.nasa.gov...

Something I used to listen to:

edit on 2-12-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I had an alien tell me "Hi", and " Why don't you get a new job".

The angrier, fire one told me "Stop doing that you idiot child". O and one time, as I was walking on a spring night, it popped for few secs and said "Your looking better".

Although this years apart.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

So how do we distinguish between noise and an intelligent signal from space?

I guess by looking for patterns in the signals.
But there's another problem.. What if those signals were made to look like noise?
And another thing.. interference.. what if I knew all the signals which interfere with original signal? It would be easy for me to decipher.
And what noise are then signals we humans can't fully know what their origins are, well for some noise we do.

unless you are a compulsive hoarder.

Maybe I am

Well that's the thing you see; you can't make intelligent signals "look" like noise. They aren't and it is a very simple thing to distinguish...basically it's like this...no intelligence in the signal, it is noise. There are a good number of "filtering" technique and data analysis that can separate the signal from the noise. However...that doesn't mean the signal can be understood.

One can't know all the interfering signals' the signal sources are almost infinite...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hi ChesterJohn,

The sound is very fascinating and it seems to be (or have been) intelligible language to our mind. Not sure it is English, and definitely does not mention Jesus Christ.

What I wonder is: if it's a message from some extraterrestrial intelligence, which obviously must be technologically advanced in order to bring the sound into space in the form of a language - if that is true, why the sound comes out so dirty and disturbed? If, on the other hand, is only one of the myriads of radio waves which wander around in space, couldn't it come from the probe itself?

I believe in the radio waves being a good means of communication for interstellar messages, however I get very suspicious every time officials make a "discovery" which turns out to be "broken" or incomplete.
Humans are able to send people into space toward other planets, clone humans, manipulate DNA, create everything on video, and can't polish a sound to determine whether it is a message or not?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

originally posted by: JadeStar
Other people have already mentioned it but this is just natural stuff. No aliens, no gods.

So I can pick up some scrambled frequency of some TV signals and since there is no meaning in this signal it's safe for me to dicard it?

This is a natural signal because it is generated from natural processes not unlike those which cause static on an old AM radio during lightning strikes.

Natural sources or radio signals are numerous and varied in space. Molecular Clouds, weather (you can actually hear weather on Jupiter on a modified AM radio), ionized gas from a comet, plasma from the Sun, etc.

Natural sources also are broadband in nature.

Artificial signals like the scrambled TV signal you're talking about are extremely narrowband. Nature does not produce signals that are less than a few Hz wide.

So in summary:

Wideband signal consistent with what would be expected from a natural object.

+

No information

= Natural radio source.

As for people who think they hear voices... smh

What is the audio equivalent of pareidolia called? That's what they are experiencing.
edit on 2-12-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

What is the audio equivalent of pareidolia called? That's what they are experiencing.

Pareidolia

Pareidolia (/pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: JadeStar

Pareidolia

Pareidolia (/pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

While extremely interesting, I cannot detect any human words in the recording. My hearing must be broken.

It is very musical though, and could approximate "speech" if one is predisposed to hearing such things I guess.

If it does turn out to be Saturnians, I hope they adhere to the concepts of the Golden Age brought forth by the Roman God they're named after....probably highly unlikely, considering the planetary evolution and culture differences of vastly different developmental environments - but, hey - what the heck....one can dream.

Cool sounds - whatever the truth may be.

edit on 12/2/14 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity, minor edit

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Other people have already mentioned it but this is just natural stuff. No aliens, no gods.

Yes the ring around the planet are like a giant symbol. Signal amplifier/resonator. Sounds could be anything from gravitational field effects of other bodies and/or organic effects of the planets own gravitational field.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Natural sources also are broadband in nature.

Artificial signals like the scrambled TV signal you're talking about are extremely narrowband. Nature does not produce signals that are less than a few Hz wide.

Actually those "scrambled" TV signals are "broadband"...video bandwidth is around 4MHz as opposed to a few Hz. Although, TV signals like you are describing are typically missing one or both sync pulses, thus they are not viewable.

Audio on the other hand is only a 20KHz

Signals produced by lightening are the only "true" broadband natural signal. They are produced by an electrical discharge which typically produces "white" noise, ALL other sources, with only a few exceptions (most artificial) are "colored" in some way, meaning they have a narrower frequency band.

By the way; even a lightening strike is not "white" across all media...for instance in the world of "atmospheric" vibrations (normal audio) that strike is very "colored" and toward the lower frequencies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join