It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie apocalypse in Iraq and Syria raised to a next level , with a dirty bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I hear ya

I have six cracked vertebrae in my neck and a 20cm crack in the T5, both shoulders rebuilt, and facial reconstruction (IED on Tampa) *not to mention the glaringly obvious PTSD hahaha

I still outdo many people 18-30 even though I'm disabled. I'd do it if it means saving the next group of Americans from the demons that come back with them.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If... and a BIG IF... they manage to get the supposedly stolen Uranium into the Uk and set up a dirty bomb.. I don't think that it will be the actual Uranium that will cause the major damage but the high amounts of explosives that they would need to spread this over a larger range as possible?

People will be exposed to ionizing radiation which probably will not kill them straight away but in the years to come.

Panic will be the worst scenario to deal with :

Is a dirty bomb a weapon of mass destruction? Yes, but more because of its capacity to cause terror and disruption than its ability to inflict heavy casualties, experts say. Depending on the sophistication of the bomb, wind conditions, and the speed with which the area of the attack was evacuated, the number of deaths and injuries from a dirty bomb explosion might not be substantially greater than from a conventional bomb explosion. But panic over radioactivity and evacuation measures could snarl a city. Moreover, the area struck would be off-limits for at least several months—possibly years—during cleanup efforts, which could paralyze a local economy and reinforce public fears about being near a radioactive area.

More here : www.nationalterroralert.com...

Personally I don't think this will lead to anything and I definately HOPE that this is just sword waving on behalf of Isis/Daesh...

Methinks that security levels will be stepped up in Europes major cities during the Xmas and New years period!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 1/12/14 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

The if only occurs if TPTB want to use this situation to create chaos, which will lead to them introducing the solution. Nothing major like this happens unless their money, their efforts are behind it. They decide when.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Just wondering - how much of the radioactive material would have been at Mosul University?? I'm feeling a bit stupid here, but I figured their budget wouldn't allow for such a program with costings in resources, training, staff and security? Well, a program with sufficient amounts of radioactive material to necessitate the building of a workable dirty bomb.

Anyone call me out on this??

And a side note - it seems that British Tariq dude was saying it as a throw-away line, you know "Oh yeah, by the way, we got a dirty bomb."

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Righto - found this article in The Guardian from July this year which states how much was stolen (around 40kgs according the the Iraq Ambassador to UN), possibly which types (such as uranyl acetate), and highlights that it is possible that old hidden caches of materials from a conversion plant during Saddam's reign might have been found and looted.

The Mosul Mystery

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I am sorry this has happened to you. Find peace young man please no one should have to feel this way after.coming home. My thoughts and prayers are with you.200 plus....you stopped counting at 200?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join