It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Faces 2 Years In Prison For Saving Sons Life With Cannabis Oil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Most "true" doctors in my experience are quacks, who cause iatrogenic problems for many if not all of their patients.

The MD recommended her to go out of state to acquire the medicine, putting his license on the line to help a patient in need, this Dr. is someone I would say is not simply a pharmaceutical representative like so many of them are. You emphasized the need for measurable doses, there is protocol that has been established, this is how people are able to relieve/cure many of the symptoms that cause dis-ease in so many.

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSunday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Two words

JURY NULLIFICATION!!!!!!!

As long as the jury knows they have that right I honestly can't see her being convicted. Her lawyer would have to be a complete moron if she was and the jury knew their rights.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Precisely Grimpachi!

There is no way for the legal system to proceed, they may try, but I somehow doubt it. There is an ever increasing awareness of this incident and this will inevitably lead to a revamping of sorts. Hopefully it will extend to the many issues that this touches upon, from the justice/prison system, to the general drug war, failures in the current methods of allopathic medicine, cannabis for recreation/medical, eventually the discussion about hemp we all need to have!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Honestly, she broke the law so yeah I do agree that she must go to jail.

It sucks, but hey she's happy and made so far the best sacrifice in her life.

She sacrificed 2 years of her life, for her child to live a full life. That is how I see it. I salute her!!

Other than that, it sucks how this drug/herb is being suppressed at such a level. Though I dislike when people (specifically teens/children) abuse of this drug to a point where it can mess up their life, this drug has more pro's than cons.
edit on 30-11-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

So for instance, if a person trespasses to save a child from a fire would you say they should be punished for breaking the law? I know that's a terrible example but it's all I could come up with, seems like this is one law the gov should stop forcing on people.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

As I stated in the OP, I will leave you to that perspective, but it is definitely a perspective that I disagree with. Honestly it is the reason that unjust laws exist. That level of conformity is what is actively destroying the tenants that made this country a bastion of freedom in a world seriously lacking it.

Unjust laws are by definition meant to be broken otherwise injustice happens. Imagine where we would be if people had not stood to change unjust laws against african americans/women.

Prison is for murderers and rapists, the absolute lowest of the low, which actually opens up the topic of unjust laws a little bit further, leading naturally to a discussion about the drug war. Which is the cause of the very problem it claims to be against! Non violent drug offenders do not need prison, depending on the drug they should either be helped or allowed to explore their own consciousness.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Just reading some of the comments on the video and I liked this one:

We need to form an army and stand vigil outside her house and if any uniformed coward tries to take her to prison, we will start a war.

I feel that protesting is often pointless and fruitless, people are just standing around shouting with signs. But I feel like if people protested outside her house it would really send a strong message and the police would think twice about taking her away to prison. This is the type of protesting that people need to do to upset the status quo.

Then again I doubt she would like a bunch of noisy protesters outside her house for days.
edit on 1/12/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Thank you kindly for pointing that out Chaotic!

To see people come together like that would be epic indeed!!

One of the advantages of social media is the internet and things like go fund yourself, I believe people have been donating to the cause of keeping her out of jail and I think that she will easily be getting an attorney who will spank whichever prosecutor attempts to jail a mother for saving her child!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amMonday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I firmly believe that the cures to nearly all if not all of today's diseases /medical problems is out there in nature . It has been said that the cure for many of the diseases including cancer may well be sitting there somewhere in the great barrier reef ,or the Amazon rain forests or lots of places for that matter . Cannabis oil has already shown to be very useful in the treatment of many medical conditions but hey you cant patent a plant ,or a piece of coral ,or a vine . No money in nature i guess . Then again big pharma has done al right out of mould .

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I completely agree and will go one step further.

Not only is it to be found in nature, but it is found much closer than that, in the very cells of our being! We are meant to thrive here, in every single way, in harmony with the world around us. This is where the power of mind comes in and it is why they wish us to be on as many pills as possible, with as much entertainment trapping our consciousness in our base animal instincts.

Our own immunes systems are all we truly need, this is why I personally believe they began the whole vaccine propaganda, there is nothing natural about injecting weakened diseases right into our blood stream. No need to go into that whole can of worms however the placebo effect shows howmuch our mental state effects our physical being.

Also in regards to living in harmony with nature all around us, one simple answer that would revolution much of our current problems is HEMP!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amMonday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

"Heck !!!"

Two years in jail in exchange for a child's life??

This is such a no-braner question I'd call it a gimme.

I would stand on my head twice as long for anybody's kid's life and be glad to do it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is a perfect opportunity for Jury Nullification, the Top Secret Constitutional Right.

* Mr. Duane is an associate professor at Regent Law School in Virginia Beach, Virginia Copyright © 1996 Litigation. Originally published as 22:4 LITIGATION 6-60 (1996).

Jury Nullification: The Top Secret
Constitutional Right
by James Joseph Duane
A bill now pending in the Missouri state legislature has whipped up a firestorm of controversy. Judges and prosecutors there call it "a gut-punch to democracy," "an invitation to anarchy," and a bill that "flies in the face of everything this country stands for." One county prosecutor has even called for the resignation of the 20 state representatives who introduced the bill. What could have caused such calamity? This supposedly radical legislation would merely require judges to tell criminal juries the undisputed fact that they have "the power to judge the law as well as the evidence, and to vote on the verdict according to conscience." It is hard to remember the last time there was so much turmoil over a proposal to declassify a government secret during peacetime. Meanwhile, out in Nevada, a 50-year-old florist and grandmother almost landed in prison for her efforts to help spread the word to jurors.

More links useful in learning about jury nullification

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

If Americans can't unite on this one issue...

Not just people from the U.S., everyone around the globe needs to take a stand against the U.S government and say "Stop the war on drugs". All drugs should be legal, use of drugs should be strictly monitored, more rehabilitation facilities & more education about drugs. Look at Portugal, they have basically legalized all drugs for 14yrs.

I know the pharmaceutical industry, cotton industry and forest industry (which isn't doing that great right now) will take a major profit hit if cannabis became legal but they need to suck it up. They lost the chance to switch over to the hemp industry & the cannabis industry 100yrs ago when they made it illegal.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

How many other countries has the US ruined in their pathetic war on drugs? How many countries have people working for garbage, exploiting their own people to feed the West's manufactured need for "illegal" drugs?

It's disgraceful. One of the reasons why the West was ordered to invade the ME was for opium. Not to mention the culture and heritage of wise people who would grow their own medication in other countries and they were destroyed by the West.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Don't forget how West Africa is a major coc aine hub, another reason why the U.S wants to get troops over there.

My small city is still in recession because it's a two season tourist destination, winter & summer. Unfortunately, that means pretty much all work is seasonal & employment is hard to come by. Due to this, crime has been on the rise, one of which is drugs. There are so many dealers in my town, the police can't keep up with them all. Unfortunately Cannabis isn't the hot seller, it's more serious drugs.

If we were to stop this war on drugs, money could be properly spent on actual useful things. There would also be money coming in from the taxes of said drugs, (like we are seeing with the legalization of cannabis) that could go specifically towards schools, educating youth about drugs & the health care system.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

This right here is a weapon TPTB fear more than anything!!

No wonder we never hear about it! The way they have been able to condition us into such a state of apathy is quite remarkable indeed!

We were given sovereignty and we gave it away. I say that in the past tense because we are currently reclaiming our power, beginning in our minds and expanding ever outwards from there!

Thank you for sharing this much needed material!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I just wanted to echo your sentiment about the war on drugs. Which has been and for however much longer it exists is simply a war on the Shadow governments competition. The entire history of the CIA proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

As you have already listed Portugal is case in point! It is clear to anyone with any kind of sense that the answer to people using drugs is not prison criminalization, but education, assistance, and taxing is something we would have to collectively discuss! We can use our natural drive to experience altered states of consciousness for many different reasons. Helping feed, cloth, and shelter those in need being one of the main ones!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmMonday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I agree to a large extent with the things that you said ( Although Cannabis/Hemp and Taxes in the same sentence grates on my senses sorely ). I personally see an even grander future for cannabis/hemp. I see it as a vehicle to achieve an environmentally responsible self-sustaining living system. But a living system that would function without money.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Hopefully the jury will side with the mother and the situation.

Jury nullification occurs in a trial when a jury acquits a defendant, even though the members of the jury believe the defendant to be guilty of the charges. This may occur when members of the jury disagree with the law the defendant has been charged with breaking, or believe that the law should not be applied in that particular case.

Jury Nullification

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What right did the school have to interfere with what even they had reported was a noticeable improvement.
She may have been being naive by notifying them of her home remedies..
..but there is a difference between a child coming into an institution and performing 100% more efficiently and a child coming in with bruises.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join