It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help identifying what I saw, approx. 1:55 PM PST over Santa Barbara coastline.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It was a very large drone, hard to estimate the size but LARGE. Flew closely overhead I'd say a couple hundred feet at the very most. I didn't get a picture until it had flown over us, mostly because it was so damn cool. It looked dark blue, though appears black in the photos.

Shortly after I saw another aircraft I had never seen before, I glimpsed it and as I tried to take a picture it disappeared into the clouds. It was flying much higher, was much louder and looked mostly black. Where the turbines would be it appeared there was 2 large barrel shapes on either side. I believe this aircraft was controlling the smaller one.

postimg.org...
postimg.org...
postimg.org...
postimg.org...
postimg.org...

Zaphod?

edit on 30-11-2014 by JG1993 because: Pictures were too small, added other links.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

Looks like an ultralight glider:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In addition to Bonez pointing out it was a glider, the other plane was more than likely the tow plane used to pull them up into a nice big fat thermal, then they release them off the line and then it becomes a challenge to see how long the glider can circle in the thermals. (My experience though has only been with the model variety)

edit on 30-11-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Exactly. Most gliders are just that, gliders and have no engines, and have to be towed in-air for flight. There are gliders that are powered, though. Most with prop engines, but there are a select few custom gliders with small jet engines.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

It's a glider. Probably an LS4 or LS6, or another member of that family.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's a sandhill crane carrying someone's laundry it stole off a clothes line

Nah, it looks more like some kind of glider or ultralite plane.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Dark blue sail planes in Santa Barbara...?

www.sbsoaring.com...

new topics

top topics

join